The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Combat Healer Idea, Need Suggestions On Sets

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
BACK:
1. Combat Prayer
2. Shattering Rocks
3. Igneous Shield
4. Cauterize
5. Mend Wounds
6. Barrier, if group is in danger, or on both bars for magicka recovery

FRONT:
1. Crushing Shock
2. Obsidian Shard
3. Igenous Shield
4. Ash Cloud or Energy Orb or Elemental Drain
5. Igneous Weapons
6. Magma Shell, if you're being focused, or replace with Barrier

Front Bar Only - Concentrated Force Fire Destruction Staff w/ Poison Immobilize
Monster Set - Inferno Guardian

What are 2 5 piece sets to compliment my setup for a PvP healer. I'm thinking Jorvuld's Guidance for one, and maybe Spell Power Cure or Transmutation for the other.
Also the goal is not to deal damage on my front bar, but to debuff an opponent with burning, chilled, and concussed and to cc them. So I won't be focusing on any penetrations.
Edited by Elusiin on June 21, 2018 8:04PM
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Anyone have a favorite set for healing in PvP?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main question is: What kind of PvP content are you mostly running, @DanteMR1995?

Because the sets might change if you're running solo, small group, raid support, battlegrounds, and so on ...

The sets you mentioned are all good sets.

Though I think you realize you aren't going to fill up that kill 40 players quest quickly ... :wink:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a great Transmutation trigger skill on your bars--slotting healing springs would fix that, but otherwise I wouldn't run that particular set.

A lot depends on what else your regular playgroup is bringing to the table. If you don't have a source of Sanctuary, for example, it's a phenomenal set.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tale has asked the pertinent question. Assuming you are doing PvP. If this is for PvE everything changes including some of the skills if you are looking to do trials..

BTW, you cannot have both obsidian and igneous shields. It is essentially the same skill, just one is a morph.
    Edited by idk on June 22, 2018 12:49AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some possible suggestions to start conversation, trimminic, combat physician

;)@NightbladeMechanics weren't we just talking about this?

Other suggestions might be spc, transmutation, even mending. Going further meritorious service, Lord warden are nice defensive buff sets.
    Edited by Tasear on June 22, 2018 2:57AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also don't forget to join Healer's discord.
    https://discord.gg/TfjSbu9
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main question is: What kind of PvP content are you mostly running, @DanteMR1995?

Because the sets might change if you're running solo, small group, raid support, battlegrounds, and so on ...

The sets you mentioned are all good sets.

Though I think you realize you aren't going to fill up that kill 40 players quest quickly ... :wink:

You're right, my intention is only to debuff enemy players on my front bar. I'm thinking small groups between 2-6 individuals. For mostly Battlegrounds.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Tale has asked the pertinent question. Assuming you are doing PvP. If this is for PvE everything changes including some of the skills if you are looking to do trials..

BTW, you cannot have both obsidian and igneous shields. It is essentially the same skill, just one is a morph.

I think you may have read Obsidian Shard as Obsidian Shield, I'm talking about the Stonefist healing/cc morph. :wink:
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BACK:
    1. Combat Prayer
    2. Shattering Rocks
    3. Igneous Shield
    4. Cauterize
    5. Mend Wounds
    6. Barrier, if group is in danger, or on both bars for magicka recovery

FRONT:
    1. Crushing Shock
    2. Obsidian Shard
    3. Igenous Shield
    4. Ash Cloud or Energy Orb or Elemental Drain
    5. Igneous Weapons
    6. Magma Shell, if you're being focused, or replace with Barrier

Front Bar Only - Concentrated Force Fire Destruction Staff w/ Poison Immobilize
    Monster Set - Inferno Guardian

What are 2 5 piece sets to compliment my setup for a PvP healer. I'm thinking Jorvuld's Guidance for one, and maybe Spell Power Cure or Transmutation for the other.
    Also the goal is not to deal damage on my front bar, but to debuff an opponent with burning, chilled, and concussed and to cc them. So I won't be focusing on any penetrations.

Solid bar setup idea, personally though i always suggest even healers have some form of aggression via damage. Combat prayer is a dead slot in pvp in my strong opinion Aside from that. Trans is too imortant, and since you are running mend wounds, you can get that up on allies farily easy, but for yourself, the only way is via the symbiosis morph of mend wounds, hot morph of barrier and the new ash cloud. I would suggest dropping prayer for either mutgen or springs. Lights champion > barrier most of the time imo in small scale. Sanctuary+trans is a very good option for dk healers if you can manage sustain. And earthgore over infernal guardian any day of the week. I dont believe spc is a wise choice in organized small scale pvp.

Ps: Cauterize is godlike on a build that is geared for healing, dont let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running a DK Healer in lowbie PvP for the last few weeks, it's fun. I would 100% have a look at Trinimac as a set when I come to vet, and I would use it with probably Durok's Bane on the body and either Earthgore or Troll King as the monster set.

I would run sword and board instead of destro for added tankiness when on your defensive bar, and I'd run Magma Shell + Resto Staff Ulti. I would also make room for Healing Springs instead of combat prayer, which is a must in raid healing, and switch out rocks for healing ward. Mending Wounds is good for the passive shield, but you might be better served by Borrowed Time in Cyrodiil. I've used Mending Wounds in PvP and while it's a fun gimmick, it's easily interrupted.

On your backbar, I'd seriously give Bone Shield or Blood Fountain (wtvr it's called) some consideration instead of crushing shock. But by far the biggest thing you're missing in there is either morph of Purge.

Edited by gabriebe on June 22, 2018 10:03AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I've been running a DK Healer in lowbie PvP for the last few weeks, it's fun. I would 100% have a look at Trinimac as a set when I come to vet, and I would use it with probably Durok's Bane on the body and either Earthgore or Troll King as the monster set.

I would run sword and board instead of destro for added tankiness when on your defensive bar, and I'd run Magma Shell + Resto Staff Ulti. I would also make room for Healing Springs instead of combat prayer, which is a must in raid healing, and switch out rocks for healing ward. Mending Wounds is good for the passive shield, but you might be better served by Borrowed Time in Cyrodiil. I've used Mending Wounds in PvP and while it's a fun gimmick, it's easily interrupted.

On your backbar, I'd seriously give Bone Shield or Blood Fountain (wtvr it's called) some consideration instead of crushing shock. But by far the biggest thing you're missing in there is either morph of Purge.

Having really tried to make trinimacs work on dk healer as on paper it makes complete sense, in pve there are simply far better sets, especially now that HPS really isnt an issue anymore on dk. In pvp, where any extra healing is welcome, trinimacs uptime is surprisingly low on top of the 3 sec CD and only one instance of the heal is produced at a time, and the heal is slightly delayed which causes issues in pvp sometimes.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Having really tried to make trinimacs work on dk healer as on paper it makes complete sense, in pve there are simply far better sets, especially now that HPS really isnt an issue anymore on dk. In pvp, where any extra healing is welcome, trinimacs uptime is surprisingly low on top of the 3 sec CD and only one instance of the heal is produced at a time, and the heal is slightly delayed which causes issues in pvp sometimes.

Agree, @exeeter702, I tried to make it work on my Templar PvP healer, too. In addition to the points you raised, the radius where you can trigger the heal on another player is pretty small. Plus, there are only a handful of PvP-worthy damage shields that will proc the 5-piece.

I dont believe spc is a wise choice in organized small scale pvp.

Small group is actually the best PvP scenario for Spell Power Cure (SPC), @exeeter702.

SPC will apply the major courage buff up to six (6) friendly players. And, remember major courage is both spell damage AND weapon damage.

It's still useful in large raids or zerg surfing. Probably not useful running solo ... but healers generally need other players to do their job anyway.

EDIT: Some PvP healers have been trying the new Olorime set from the Cloudrest Trial. They seem to like the uptime on major courage despite getting zero benefit from minor aegis (Olorime 3-pc bonus) in Cyrodiil.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 24, 2018 2:13AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree, @exeeter702, I tried to make it work on my Templar PvP healer, too. In addition to the points you raised, the radius where you can trigger the heal on another player is pretty small. Plus, there are only a handful of PvP-worthy damage shields that will proc the 5-piece.

I dont believe spc is a wise choice in organized small scale pvp.

Small group is actually the best PvP scenario for Spell Power Cure (SPC), @exeeter702.

SPC will apply the major courage buff up to six (6) friendly players. And, remember major courage is both spell damage AND weapon damage.

It's still useful in large raids or zerg surfing. Probably not useful running solo ... but healers generally need other players to do their job anyway.

EDIT: Some PvP healers have been trying the new Olorime set from the Cloudrest Trial. They seem to like the uptime on major courage despite getting zero benefit from minor aegis (Olorime 3-pc bonus) in Cyrodiil.

Of course im fully aware of SPCs buffs. The damage boon it provides is decent for pvp but not game changing compared to soemthing like transmuation and players are often not entirely at full health to even trigger it. Olorimes criteria is much less stringent for sure. I generally will only comment on organized small scale pvp where everyone has to carry equal weight. Large scale cyrodill endeavors allow tons of setups without as much responsiblity imo and i personally dont regard it very highly or put much stock into it from a depth point of view.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 24, 2018 3:35PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [The damage boon it provides is decent for pvp but not game changing compared to soemthing like transmuation and players are often not entirely at full health to even trigger it.

I don’t disagree that Transmutation is a good set too.

However, SPC is a 10 second buff ... if you’re not getting your friends to full health at least a couple times during combat, it’s time to re-theorycraft your healer.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [The damage boon it provides is decent for pvp but not game changing compared to soemthing like transmuation and players are often not entirely at full health to even trigger it.

I don’t disagree that Transmutation is a good set too.

However, SPC is a 10 second buff ... if you’re not getting your friends to full health at least a couple times during combat, it’s time to re-theorycraft your healer.

Ok