The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Something most people don't realize you can do in eso... block fall damage

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
Case in point... video for evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6R7KbJHzoA
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is an exploit and should be put in the bug report section. It is pretty easy to replicate and should be reported in the ingame menu
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 21, 2018 7:36PM
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    this is an exploit and should be put in the bug report section

Honestly I'm not sure on what point for it though... or how to go about reporting it. Tbfh I was more thinking it was an intended feature. Unless there is something I am missing on this or real point of doing something like this to exploit something.
    Edited by Armatesz on June 21, 2018 7:17PM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since zos reads the forums and can now admit that is a bug and is therefore reporting it, does he have to?
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out about this 3 days ago how long as this been in the game ive been playing since at least console release and never knew this would have been helpful during Orsinium
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Well if people didn't know they sure do now, I wouldn't have said anything lol.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Well, since zos reads the forums and can now admit that is a bug and is therefore reporting it, does he have to?

Far as I am concerned me bringing it forward might better inform us though. I guess it could be a funny party trick far as I can think of.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot block the falling damage.

It looks like the game decided it is a dive in.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happened?

or, more to the point - how'd that happen...

I've jumped off enough keeps and outpost second floors to know you can mitigate fall damage by blocking and rolling backward while landing...didn't know you can totally eliminate damage though...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you how, hold block and hold down on the left joystick for consoles. yw
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    what happened?

or, more to the point - how'd that happen...

I've jumped off enough keeps and outpost second floors to know you can mitigate fall damage by blocking and rolling backward while landing...didn't know you can totally eliminate damage though...

Yeah I know it reduces damage but I dunno why but since either chapter release or newest update it is preventing it. Not sure why tho.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmar613 wrote: »
    I'll tell you how, hold block and hold down on the left joystick for consoles. yw

Shouldn't prevent the fall damage.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same goes for PC users but not only by holding block.

Edited by Juhasow on June 21, 2018 7:28PM
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought it was the blocking that caused it to get reduced or no damage unless something else I am doing is causing it. Meh
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmar613 wrote: »

*Eagerly scampers off to log in and try it out*
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10 Perfect landing
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • Armatesz
      Armatesz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      10/10 Perfect landing

Didn't realize it was a perfect landing... I should rewatch my video...
      Ärmätèsz
      Xbox NA
      Guildless (by choice)
      Options
    • Armatesz
      Armatesz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That was not a perfect landing... I didn't land on the actual dirt piece of land but the barely 2 inchs of water >.>
      Ärmätèsz
      Xbox NA
      Guildless (by choice)
      Options
    • inclinations
      inclinations
      ✭✭✭
      Close to the water (.25) you slid off part of the lower cliff and prevented fall damage. Had you missed it you'd most likely died.
      Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
      Options
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Armatesz wrote: »
      I've always thought it was the blocking that caused it to get reduced or no damage unless something else I am doing is causing it. Meh
      If you hit something so steep you slide of like an roof or rock face it cancel fall damage.
      Know that shields work, nice for sorc with their 10 second shield.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
      Options
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Shield do not, or at least did not.mitigate fall damage.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    • Armatesz
      Armatesz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nestor wrote: »
      Shield do not, or at least did not.mitigate fall damage.

I know damage shields is a sort of touchy thing, I know I've had times it did help but majority of the time it does not, even the video I have shows it didn't work to aid the fall damage but I dunno honestly.
      Ärmätèsz
      Xbox NA
      Guildless (by choice)
      Options
    • Radinyn
      Radinyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Where did u jump from?
      Options
    • KittyHazWares
      KittyHazWares
      ✭✭✭
      Ugh...

well it was fun while it lasted...

:(
      Xbox One NA
      Options
    • Armatesz
      Armatesz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Radinyn wrote: »
      Where did u jump from?

In stormhaven there is this area called weeping giant where there is literally this gargantuan dwarven statue laying on its side... you have to jump off the nose. Far eastern side of stormhaven on xbox na. I'm bs'ing and enjoying the view atm.
      Ärmätèsz
      Xbox NA
      Guildless (by choice)
      Options
    • smacx250
      smacx250
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Same or similar issue already "logged" in the bug forum for PC:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416482/no-fall-damage-bug
      Options
    • Armatesz
      Armatesz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I thought point was to try to guide yourself while blocking but that didn't constitute into the fall damage, honestly though that sometimes the slow time could be some kind of lag.
      Ärmätèsz
      Xbox NA
      Guildless (by choice)
      Options
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you land on some objects like trees or rocks you will have no fall damage as you are not landing on the ground, but this is not always consistent. I knew about the block to mitigate, but not eliminate the damage. I dont know why the shield you cast would have helped, I tested that a long time ago and it did not help. I never tried both a shield and block.

Have tried this in Orsinium or some of the places in Auridon?
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dunno on block / shield. When the jump is intentional, I pop rapid regen/mutagen then toss a healing springs down into my 'landing zone'. It does help. Lol.
      PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
      Options
    • sevomd69
      sevomd69
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Shhhh....smh...
      Options
    • Most_Awesome
      Most_Awesome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I reported this in bug section 2 days ago with video on how to do it and its had 4 comments and 2 of them are mine lol
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/420469/take-no-fall-damage-bug-bosmerpassivesmatter#latest
      Options