The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What sets do you run on your Stam Sorc?

Chibs
Chibs
✭✭✭✭
I’m curious as to what sets you guys are running on your Stam sorcs. I currently am running BP/Ravagers but thinking of switching Ravagers to 7th.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armour 2h/dw build as follows.

5 bone pirate body
    5 armour Master jewellry +2h backbar
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

Here are my buffed stats:
    2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage
    26k physical and spell resistance (30k when blood spawn procs)

I actually love this build. I don't play any other class anymore cause this build is so balanced. I hate heavy armour cause it means losing rally burst heals, so I went for a medium build with solid resistances and sustain/damage.

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn, bone pirate, hundings. Nice crit for surge and ofc medium armor. With proper cp allocation 24k resist without bloodspawn proc.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Med 5-1-1 Orc
    5 Morkuldin Back Bar with Charged Disease Bow
    5 Sheer Venom Body
    Engine Guardian
    Maelstrom 2H Axe with Double Damage Poisons
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chibs wrote: »
    I’m curious as to what sets you guys are running on your Stam sorcs. I currently am running BP/Ravagers but thinking of switching Ravagers to 7th.

My favorite setup of all that I tried in the past 3 or so months was 5 medium Hulking with Advancing Yokeda. You need 100% uptime on both, so it's a no monster set setup, so you can tailor your build around arena weapons. I use all Hakeijo enchants and either Dubious or tri-stat food.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

5 bone pirate body
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage

I actually love this build. I don't play any other class anymore cause this build is so balanced. I hate heavy armour cause it means losing rally burst heals, so I went for a medium build with solid resistances and sustain/damage.

I find this build very interesting, but these stats are definitely from a cp campaign aren't they? I would like to focus on a build to gold out, and I don't want to use any current "meta build". Not because of any self-restriction, I would be totally willing to use any set considered as cheese, but as I don't have a lot of free time, I want to focus on upgrading a build which would be more likely to stay viable for a long time, for battlegrounds. That's just a matter of cost actually.

Would you mind telling me what trait you're using on your jewelries? And I also wonder what are your inpen value, and your mundus stone. I've been willing to use Armor Master or TBS for a long time, but unfortunately, I may lack crit resist with TBS as using it without divine is kind of a waste. I play Khajiit.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like using heavy armor: sloads / prisoners / zaan

Werewolf - just light attack them to death
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

5 bone pirate body
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage

I find this build very interesting, but these stats are definitely from a cp campaign aren't they? I would like to focus on a build to gold out, and I don't want to use any current "meta build". Not because of any self-restriction, I would be totally willing to use any set considered as cheese, but as I don't have a lot of free time, I want to focus on upgrading a build which would be more likely to stay viable for a long time, for battlegrounds. That's just a matter of cost actually.

Would you mind telling me what trait you're using on your jewelries? And I also wonder what are your inpen value, and your mundus stone. I've been willing to use Armor Master or TBS for a long time, but unfortunately, I may lack crit resist with TBS as using it without divine is kind of a waste. I play Khajiit.

Correct these are my stats in CP campaign but the beauty of running bone pirate in medium is I still have 1.7k stam recovery in no-cp, meaning I don't have to change anything when I do battlegrounds.

My jewellry traits are robust still because I'm redguard and I use bound arnaments, so I like to have a good Max stam pool. My Mundus is also Max stam. However, if you want to do mostly non cp I'd suggest using infused on jewellry with wep damage.

From memory my crit res is 2.4k which I find plenty. I run all impen on gear, and my big pieces have tri stat glyphs to help with your health pool which tends to be low in medium.

If you don't have master dw, just use agility axes and that'll be good too.

Beauty of this build is its non cheese (no sloads/duroks ***) meaning it's likely to be secure from getting nerfed to the ground.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x Sloads
    5x Bone Pirate
    2x Zaan
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    5x Veiled Heritance, 5x Spriggans, 2x Troll King (6 H / 1 M) in a 2H / Bow setup has been pretty fun for me lately. Something different than the Seventh/Fury I ran forever in the past. Allows for a more offensive play-style and fairly easy items to obtain.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 bone pirate body
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage

Cool build but only really possible with the master bleed. I’d imagine it would be pretty lacking without it.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

5 bone pirate body
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage

Cool build but only really possible with the master bleed. I’d imagine it would be pretty lacking without it.

Thanks. Yeah I've never actually tried the build without the masters? Im guessing not having it and using 2 agility axes wouldnt be a sufficient enough replacement?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Exodium. It's exactly the kind of setup I was looking for.

I'll gather people for vDSA, and I have quite some time to farm everything, while I'm researching my jewelry traits.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Exodium. It's exactly the kind of setup I was looking for.

I'll gather people for vDSA, and I have quite some time to farm everything, while I'm researching my jewelry traits.

No problem :) let me know if you need help with your skill bar as well. As long as you have shuffle on your 2h bar (to proc armour master buff for 10 seconds) you'll be sweet.

I'd suggest slotting bound armaments on your dw bar too. The 8% extra stamina, 20% health and stamina recovery you get from having it is too good to not have.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My no-CP Stamsorc;

5 x Doylemish
    5 x Red Mountain
    2 x Troll King

3 x Swift Jewelry + Steed Mundus
    Lingering Health Pot
    2H / DW obviously
    5 / 1 / 1 Heavy.

Impossible to catch, impossible to avoid. Plays especially well in BG's and IC.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem :) let me know if you need help with your skill bar as well. As long as you have shuffle on your 2h bar (to proc armour master buff for 10 seconds) you'll be sweet.

I'd suggest slotting bound armaments on your dw bar too. The 8% extra stamina, 20% health and stamina recovery you get from having it is too good to not have.

Yeah, I figured it out. For shuffle, it couldn't work otherwise, it was pretty obvious (and that's the only snare immunity as I will be using rally and not forward momentum), and I always play with bound armament triple slotted (as I play with overload for an utility bar). I guess you're using blood craze (or the other morph) on the DW bar (as you're using master weapons).

And after that... for the remaining slots I came up with this so far...

So... 2H: Reverse Slice and rune cage. with dawnbreaker of smiting as an ultimate.
    DW: Hurricane, resolving Vigor and crushing weapons. with overload as an ultimate.

Overload: Well, not quite sure about what to put there : one of the meditate morphs, channeled acceleration, efficient purge and critical surge (for the extra heal)?

For the Overload bar; I would have otherwise used dark deal instead of meditate, I need to test the later to compare. Or I could even remove purge and put both xD But I feel like purge could be useful. (Especially in battlegrounds)
    I could use razor caltrops.
    I could even go crazy and use one of the morphs of circle of protection.

I might be able to execute someone with crushing weapons/ bar swap/ rune cage/ Light attack/ dawnbreaker/ Light attack/ reverse slice. Rune cage is just perfect as a stun, using dizzying swing could be an alternative, but I feel like it's way too hard to land in most situations.

Maybe I could use steel tornado as an execute instead of Reverse slice. And maybe I should use one of the hidden blade morph as a long range skill, I don't know, I need to experiment this on the field.

I usually don't use gap closers on a sorcerer... Maybe I should... I also usually play 2H/bow.

Well, that was quite a long post.

Edited by Elwendryll on June 22, 2018 1:04PM
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play much less since the update but i really find myself lacking compared to before

Still dont know what to run :/

Was using skoria + master axe and dagger + fortress brass medium + unfathomable darkness in no cp

I did try sload medium with viper it kills a lot but i just melt when focused
    Edited by Morgul667 on June 22, 2018 1:03PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1x kena
    1x velidreth
    5x pelinal's aptitude heavy
    3x agility
    leki's 2h sword/ leki's s&b

i use it because this gear is easy to get :smile: )
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I figured it out. For shuffle, it couldn't work otherwise, it was pretty obvious (and that's the only snare immunity as I will be using rally and not forward momentum), and I always play with bound armament triple slotted (as I play with overload for an utility bar). I guess you're using blood craze (or the other morph) on the DW bar (as you're using master weapons).

And after that... for the remaining slots I came up with this so far...

So... 2H: Reverse Slice and rune cage. with dawnbreaker of smiting as an ultimate.
    DW: Hurricane, resolving Vigor and crushing weapons. with overload as an ultimate.

Overload: Well, not quite sure about what to put there : one of the meditate morphs, channeled acceleration, efficient purge and critical surge (for the extra heal)?

For the Overload bar; I would have otherwise used dark deal instead of meditate, I need to test the later to compare. Or I could even remove purge and put both xD But I feel like purge could be useful. (Especially in battlegrounds)
    I could use razor caltrops.
    I could even go crazy and use one of the morphs of circle of protection.

I might be able to execute someone with crushing weapons/ bar swap/ rune cage/ Light attack/ dawnbreaker/ Light attack/ reverse slice. Rune cage is just perfect as a stun, using dizzying swing could be an alternative, but I feel like it's way too hard to land in most situations.

Maybe I could use steel tornado as an execute instead of Reverse slice. And maybe I should use one of the hidden blade morph as a long range skill, I don't know, I need to experiment this on the field.

I usually don't use gap closers on a sorcerer... Maybe I should... I also usually play 2H/bow.

Well, that was quite a long post.

Okay so my bars look as follows and I'll explain why

DW Bar:
    Vigour
    Ball of lightning (aoe cc + absorbs projectiles - excellent for mobility)
    rending slash
    Bound arnaments (8% more stamina, 20% stam recovery, 20% health recovery)
    Flying blade (this skill has a very good tooltip - 10k per blade, and seeing as I dont have a proper gap closer this is my spammable

2h bar
    Rally
    shuffle (armour master)
    dark deal
    crit surge
    hurricane

You can choose to play an alternative version and just have rending as your main dw ability, and then go on to use executioner/dizzy swing and all that stuff. But personally I prefer having dw skills as spammables because dizzying swing can be so unreliable. If you can try and slot executioner on the 2h bar then definitely go ahead and do that.

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x Earthgore 5x Powerful Assault 5x Coward's Gear.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina sorc is a sad class, they have so much potential, but are just missing some things. Imo the stat pool and regen on a stam sorc is completely lacking without bound armaments and with it you don’t have enough skills. For example on my warden I can run 7th and Spriggans and have 1900 stamina regen with the serpent stone and not that doesn’t even count the Netch regen. On my stam sorc I can have less regen with bone pirates and the serpent stone equipped unless bound armaments is slotted at which point I have about the same minus what the Netch would give me
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    My no-CP Stamsorc;

5 x Doylemish
    5 x Red Mountain
    2 x Troll King

3 x Swift Jewelry + Steed Mundus
    Lingering Health Pot
    2H / DW obviously
    5 / 1 / 1 Heavy.

Impossible to catch, impossible to avoid. Plays especially well in BG's and IC.
    Just wondering, doesn't that break the speed limit? Or is it right there at the max?
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina sorc is a sad class, they have so much potential, but are just missing some things. Imo the stat pool and regen on a stam sorc is completely lacking without bound armaments and with it you don’t have enough skills. For example on my warden I can run 7th and Spriggans and have 1900 stamina regen with the serpent stone and not that doesn’t even count the Netch regen. On my stam sorc I can have less regen with bone pirates and the serpent stone equipped unless bound armaments is slotted at which point I have about the same minus what the Netch would give me

Yeah facts. I wish I didn't need bound armaments but unfortunately the skills required to get that passive.

The sad reality is I basically have one whole class skill tree with almost zero points in it cause they only apply to magicka pet sorcs... That whole line needs a rework.
  • a_u_s_t_y
    a_u_s_t_y
    ✭✭✭
    I run a dot/bust build that puts intense pressure on most other builds - the idea is to get people healing/blocking so they can’t damage me - works a treat

5prisoners - 1 piece armour, 2 jewellery and a bow
    5 fury - 4 body, 1 jewelry
    1 agility battle axe with double damage poisons - this combo is ridiculous
    Zaan monster set - in this pvp meta and specially against shield spammers I feel zaan is needed, and works really well on a Stam Sorc as you wanna keep close to the enemy to keep your hurricane damage on them

Might not suite people’s game play but Suited mine perfectly

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 bone pirate body
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage

How do you lose rally burst heals in heavy armor....
    Edited by Hutch679 on June 25, 2018 3:40PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't put a lot of thought into it

But for BGs I've been using

Automaton
    Sword Dancer
    Slimecraw

Backbar 2h.

Crit charge into cleave into swap,. Rending, Cage, breaker, Spin2win

Just about everything dies then.

I think in BGs it sits around 3.5k unbuffed wpn dmg. Buffed I think it gets close to 5k (glyph + brutality)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

5 bone pirate body
    Bloodspawn/troll king
    Master axe + sword

2.2k stam recovery
    42k stamina
    24k health
    4k wep damage

How do you lose rally burst heals in heavy armor....

Well you could run rally in heavy but most people tend to run forward momentum in heavy because how else would you remove snares if you don't have shuffle? Getting rid of snares is basically essential in this game lol, especially for a class that strives off mobility.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam Sorc is actually a really solid class right now, probably has the most build diversity out of all the classes simply because of dark deal allowing you to stack damage.

I’m glad many people don’t see how good they actually are, especially in bgs because if played right right it’s the best stam class in bgs and top tier in open world.

Stam Warden is actually a very boring class in comparison
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BP/ duroks back bar. Masters 2h and tk. 5h/2m.
    No cp build.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viper, sloads and Domihaus. Dw+Sh. Wvw mainly.
  • StamSteve
    StamSteve
    ✭✭

Stam Sorc is actually a really solid class right now, probably has the most build diversity out of all the classes simply because of dark deal allowing you to stack damage.

I’m glad many people don’t see how good they actually are, especially in bgs because if played right right it’s the best stam class in bgs and top tier in open world.

Stam Warden is actually a very boring class in comparison
    This. I parked my stam warden and went back to stam sorc. Streak/Dark Deal is just a game changer. I run bound armaments and use 1h/s for the la/pierce/bash combo with bone pirate, shacklebreaker, and tremorscale in 5h/2m with infused weapon damage glyph on front bar. I stay at 3500 WD and 35k stam, so the burst from that combo is insane. It’s a perfect mixture of burst, heals, and sustain IMO. It’s such an underrated class.