The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we have dynamic AP ticks for objectives finally?

Feanor
Feanor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Update 18 revamped the way defensive ticks are calculated and distributed in a ground breaking manner. While I really like the design with credit lists I think that the ticks are really off in most cases as they don’t reflect the nature of a defense at all. Besides, adding multipliers that are tied to the level of resources wasn’t the best idea either.

Ever since the base ticks for objective captures were raised we have seen that the inclination to stack more and more groups to the same objective has increased also. For the base tick it doesn’t matter if you show up with 5 or with 50.

I’d rather have a system - and it has been suggested numerous times already - that binds the base ticks to the attacker defender ratio, giving the outnumbered group the bigger reward. That might also help with “unstacking” again.

Seeing that the devs were willing to implement such a sweeping change in Update 18, I think it’s not off the chart to fine tune and further improve the system.

TL;DR:

- Bind base ticks to attacker defender ratio
- Change the bonus tick from the credit list to less insane levels (as in don’t hand out 10k ticks for a 1v1 on a resource or 240k ticks for a 15 minute def), best would be to take the number of attackers and defenders into account here too

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Feanor on June 21, 2018 10:43AM
Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    - Bind base ticks to attacker defender ratio
    - Change the bonus tick from the credit list to less insane levels (as in don’t hand out 10k ticks for a 1v1 on a resource or 240k ticks for a 15 minute def), best would be to take the number of attackers and defenders into account here too
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Regarding the base ticks, ZOS went full ZOS when incresing them from 100 AP to 6k AP for a keep capture.

Regarding the bonus ticks, the attacker/defender ratio already is (kind of) included. More enemies results into potentially more AP added to the tick, less friendlies results in more AP/player.

I have yet to withness some crazy 100k+ AP ticks, but defending seems more rewarding with the introduced multipliers. The introduced credit list system is a very welcome QOL change.

Overall, the Summerset AP changes might not be optimal, but IMO and in view of PvP, it is by far the best part of the whole chapter
    Edited by Bergzorn on June 21, 2018 11:19AM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why people are so upset about large defensive ticks now. It’s not as if the AP you gain is competitive. Aside from pushing for emp or the top 2% for gold rewards, in which case, you’re still going to need to work to get them.

It’s not as if one side is able to get massive amounts of AP more than anyone else. Alliance Ranks mean nothing these days. There’s hardly a market to sell AP. It’s available for everyone to make that AP, so who really cares if there’s more to go around?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anrose

Because AP isn’t just there in a vacuum. I agree is worthless for the most part, except motifs and the occasional good golden vendor loot. But as there isn’t anything else people can play for (I mean, for most people Emp is quite out of reach and campaign wins are meaningless either) everything just gravitates around AP.

And thus the distribution system as we have it leads to the phenomenon that people just stack more and more players into the same place. That’s not a good thing, both for sever performance and gaming experience.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like bacon
    NA-PC
    Fantasia