The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Poll] Would you buy a veteran zone which was completely retooled?

AuldWolf
AuldWolf
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to try this again. This time I want to include dolmens and world bosses, in case that wasn't clear in the last poll. So a rebalanced zone would include those.

This is aimed at the hardcore players, once again, naturally.

You're aware that your demographic is the smallest in the game and yet you clamour for content tailored to you. Content like zones, dolmens, bosses, and so on. The question then must be whether you would be willing to put your money where your mouth is? After all, these zones would need actual people working on them to retool them, and as something that requires actual manpower it should be a product that ZOS sells on the Crown Store. Exactly the same as anything else, like a non-combat pet or a costume.

A retooled zone would have:

1.) More difficult overworld content;
2.) World bosses balanced to be much more difficult;
3.) Dolmens balanced to be much more difficult.

This wouldn't include any better rewards as this isn't something you should get better rewards for. Hardcore players keep saying this is about the difficulty, not the rewards, after all. The rewards will be left in trials. This will just be a purchase of a zone which has been retooled to be more difficult for hardcore players.

The retooled zone would cost anywhere between around $10 and $40 a pop depending on how much actual work went into the zone. Smaller zones, like starter zones, would only cost $10, but for a much bigger zone like, say, Grahtwood? That would fetch a proportionately bigger price.

If you understand that the work for harder zones/dolmens/bosses would cost ZOS to develop, would you be willing to buy these retooled zones?

[Poll] Would you buy a veteran zone which was completely retooled? 108 votes

No -- I shouldn't have to pay, they should make it a part of the base game for free.
83%
laurajfotis67Esha76DarcyMardinIruil_ESOAH93aubrey.baconb16_ESOArthur_SpoonfondlefreespiritidkKetarmishShad0wfire99starkerealmsrfrogg23LinaleahAmarladoEdaphonThunderclapfeyiiHaenk 90 votes
Yes -- I would pay for a veteran version of a zone from the Crown Store.
16%
fastolfv_ESOAnimus-ESOssewallb14_ESOYulstimb16_ESO85AletheiontunepunkJaavaabinhoSleep724Sadetiusbman001Trinity_Is_My_NameColecovisionssorgatemayu_feverWoppaBoemceil420 18 votes
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No -- I shouldn't have to pay, they should make it a part of the base game for free.
    This reminds me of the Elite version of zones from guild wars that made all the content I'n zones harder to the level that it would challenge endgame players and even had something called vanquishing which allowed you to clear zones of all enemies and gain titles and loot for it. I'd be down though its gonna be hard to get me to put any more money in this game in its current state...
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No i wouldn't pay for something i don't want, its hard enough already.. I really would not want open world even more grindy than it already is for no gains at all..
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay for something that's doomed to fail.
    Back in the day Cadwell's silver/gold zones had a higher difficulty and they were pretty much empty.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon is correct. The zone would not be very populated if it is designed for the hard core part of the game. Zos would not have enough of a financial incentive to build such a zone since the return would be small. Most of the population, by far, is casual to moderate. They are here to enjoy the game and hard core content is not something most of them seem to be interested in.
    Edited by idk on June 21, 2018 1:35AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as i have already pointed out in your other thread. this is an anti consumer way to do things and it will NOT end well, whether you are on a casual or hardcore spectrum.

optional modes should be base part of the game. subscription? yes. selling chapters and DLC's? yes. selling optional cosmetic shinies? bring it on. selling game modes? that is just going too far.

and i say that as a dirty, bad at this game, mainly solo my way through the game only occasionally grouping up for stuff, casual.

P.S. it ABSOLUTELY should include better rewards for it. not unique. but most certainly better.
    Edited by Linaleah on June 21, 2018 2:47AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the pole has no " Other" .... bias *cough* bias

Anyway the only reason why i play this game is for the loot, for more power !! to get new items to try new builds !

Why would i play something that would be 50% times harder .it would take 40% longer to finish .. and i would end up getting the same thing as if i played as i do now ... and you want me to pay for that content as well?? !!!!

yeah-thats-not-going-to-happen.jpg

If these hardcore players ect want harder content take all of your cp off, put on white gear and go kill world bosses there done ! hell you can customize how hard of a content you want by allocating few numbers of Cp and lower end gear so the fights would take longer and it would be harder but still achievable.

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Why is it the two kill any game crowds love biased polls?
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP should understand this is not 2005. The game is not tailored around hardcore gamers, but casual ones.
    Not going to happen.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes -- I would pay for a veteran version of a zone from the Crown Store.
    I would pay for it, but I would prefer if I didn't have to. I think the main argument for veteran versions of overworld content is that it's just too easy for high CP players, and not enjoyable.

Whenever a new DLC or Chapter is released I don't even feel like playing it with my main chars, because I would just steamroll through all the quests and dungeons etc.

The game desperately needs Vet Mode for all overland content. It's simply not enjoyable because it's way too easy for high level chars. Currently it's not even fun to solo overland content. Enemies die in a few hits. Dungeon bosses dies in less than 10 seconds. Doing some quests and enjoying the story line together with friends is even less fun because you're way too overpowered.

You don't have to be a hardcore player to find that overland content is too easy. Any decent build with pretty high CP steamrolls everything overland solo.

Group areas and group delves in Craglorn are pretty decent difficulty to solo or group if you're a high CP char. Normal group dungeons are pretty decent difficulty for high CP solo play. So if they use that as benchmark i think they could find a difficulty level for overland content that would be enjoyable for High CP characters.

• Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the "no it's fine, leave it as it is" option?
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh lose it Already with your witchhunt....
    All you trying to proof is your point that the so called Hardcore-Gamers are bad for ESO. First off your understanding of hardcore gamers is boarderline, the numbers and percents you are throwing arround are without source, and even if you are asked to link a source you just remain silent and your assumptions are very biased against a playerbase that doesnt play the game you want it to be played...

You feel entitled to have content created for YOUR way of playing because you claim that you are spending money on the cash shop and you have a subscription running. Well so do I, both of it, and by your understanding im a hardcore player that destroys ESO.
    Well if you feel entitled for content, why cant i?

And never ever did i say that my way to play ESO is the only way to play, but it seems that you feel your way is the rightous and only way a game should be played...

I cant use other words, but i despise your awefull witchhunt in the forums.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like Craglorn was intended to be.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP should understand this is not 2005. The game is not tailored around hardcore gamers, but casual ones.
    Not going to happen.

@jaschacasadiob16_ESO Have to point out that the OP is aware of this. If you'll check their post history you'll see they have a long history of posting many, many times against "hardcores" posting for the game to be made harder for everyone. He's making these threads in response to getting 1-2+ threads a day, for a few weeks straight (which has stopped now) whining about how 'easy' the game is.

So in response he's making these polls to ask - Will hardcores/casual players pay extra for additional content/instances designed purely for them and them only. IE harder instances for hardcores or easy/casual/solo trials for the casuals/easy-loving, or do they expect ZOS to spend money on content aimed at that group for no recompense
    I have not voted in the poll (obviously) since it's not aimed at me.
    o_O
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter, as it won't happen.
    • There would be even more P2W cries than there are now, or the drops would not be usable in base game (rendering them pointless).
    • People would buy without reading the fine print, then complain when trash mobs handed them their asses.
    • People would complain they were effectively denied access, even though the content would be purposely tailored to be more difficult. Why do you think normal mode exists and is generally such a faceroll.
    • Another DLC would be required to balance this DLC, being effectively a 'story mode' only DLC.
    • No matter what the hell they did, possibly unless it was permadeath, it would have to be PTS'd first, which means it would be World FIrst cleared within 24 hours of release.
    • Added one: Without the server code functioning properly, a zone like this would be even more ridiculous. Server lag/bugs/vomit >> best player in the game. Doesn't matter how good you are if the system doesn't respond as it should.

A better use of resources would be proper implementation and testing of a difficulty slider for existing content. It would at least breathe some new life back into old zones.

80% of the game should be playable (with purpose) for 80% of the playerbase. There shouldn't have to be paid only special purpose content for either the top 10, nor the bottom 10.

They should find a way to give some level of challenge to the majority. Failing to do so leads to attrition, which leads to far less income than people buying, or not buying special DLC's (which would get mastered and moved along in a few months' time period, likely anyway)

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 21, 2018 10:38AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of bias and utter hatred for other players based on the single premise that they play more than you is staggering. You’re so out of touch with reality that you’d value a rebalance of zones that are already in the game at anywhere between $10-$40 each..... so to get a Veteran version of all zones, meaning for ZOS to add an extra multiplier in a few places, you’d value this at (not including Cyrodiil):
    $10 x 22 zones = $220
    $40 x 22 zones = $880
    So between $210 - $840 for all base game zones.

Including DLC zones we get (not including Cyrodiil or Imperial City)
    $10 x 29 zones = $290
    $40 x 29 zones = $1,160
    So between $290 - $1,160 for all game zones

So in other words, pay ZOS like $1000 to add a multiplier to Health, Mitigation, Damage, etc enemy NPCs when “Veteran” Difficulty is flipped on, with maybe a small 1.25x multiplier XP gain increase and higher quality loot drop? No wait, no extra XP or Loot based on your poll.

Just throw money at ZOS to “put money where your mouth is” if you’re one of those filthy, disgusting, inbred players that plays the game a lot.

The only part that’s scary here is that you’re not even trolling. What a mess :lol:
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll is biased AF.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this idea is bad. Weird how that wasn't an available poll option.
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be a troll post. Has to be.
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    You've presented a pretty false dichotomy here. You don't require thousands of man hours to create "veteran zones".

Simply take the debuff which is already in the game from the battlegrounds (reducing damage and healing by 50%, maybe increase damage taken by 50% too) and then apply it to people in the overworld with a scaling multiplier. Want difficult combat? Debuff * 1.0f. Want easy content? Debuff * 0.0f. Want somewhere in between? Debuff * 0.33425f.

It can be done in an afternoon. If you can't afford to pay a programmer for 4 hours (this includes time for basic preliminary testing), I'll help you with the kickstarter to fund it.

As mentioned, I don't need better rewards or more experience. I just don't want to 2-shot one of Molag Bal's "greatest generals".
    Edited by MrSensible on June 21, 2018 8:11PM
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to vote because the poll options are terrible.

I don't think ZOS should do a zone by zone rework just for hardcore players. It's a neat idea, but definitely not worth the man hours. ZOS has better things to work on. And what is this nonsense of paying per zone?

I would, however, like to see an option on the character screen to toggle veteran overland content, unlockable at cp160. This would be a harder instance of the zone where the enemies have higher health and damage. No need to waste time doing full reworks. It'd be acceptable to increase the item quality of loot in this instance. For example, only blue and purple items drop, with an increase of purple drop rates over the normal version of the zone.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I don't even care about challenge in overland content; If I want a challenge I can find it elsewhere. The other options could be cool, but not worth their effort or my money.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    This guy again?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont see how you would do it without making everyone involved upset. Either you put awesome shinys in there and casuals get upset, or you put nothing in there, and nobody bothers with it after the finish the quest.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riVALry9 wrote: »

It was more, "proving a point," than being a troll. So, I guess, "constructive trolling?"

I don't think ZOS should do a zone by zone rework just for hardcore players. It's a neat idea, but definitely not worth the man hours. ZOS has better things to work on. And what is this nonsense of paying per zone?

Yeah, the actual point in the original post was to illustrate that the "elite" endgame players will cry about wanting something like this, but don't actually cough up cash to support the game.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    riVALry9 wrote: »

It was more, "proving a point," than being a troll. So, I guess, "constructive trolling?"

Yeah, the actual point in the original post was to illustrate that the "elite" endgame players will cry about wanting something like this, but don't actually cough up cash to support the game.

Why would i pay per zone that's already in game? That's nonsense.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I‘m just waiting for the inevitable posting about elitism, greed and entitlement and that you can’t make the game harder because there are so many players who still have a problem with overland.

I mean, I read a forum post about someone who couldn’t beat K‘Tora for 3 hours. And that is a boss with 120,000 HP you can basically beat without any real skills on your bar (I know because my front bar was 4/6 Psijic skills without elemental weapon to level these up).

As astounding as it is I think there truly are a lot of players who struggle with overland. The game is just notoriously bad at explaining the combat basics and is poorly documented. Therefore I don’t think we get a higher difficulty outside Trials and DLC dungeons, however nice that would be.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but no, I think it's a really bad idea. I personally wouldn't pay for something so elitist, for what it would cost to make ZOS wouldn't make there money back from it. The game has enough challenges in it already.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay money for a zone/gameplayswitch where animation canceling is prohibited.
    I know some people love it, so a toogle maybe? Between normal and exploit-mode or something.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but no, I think it's a really bad idea. I personally wouldn't pay for something so elitist, for what it would cost to make ZOS wouldn't make there money back from it. The game has enough challenges in it already.

The game has exactly 3 Craglorn Trials, MoL, HoF, SA and CR. In addition. It has WGT, ICP, Cradle of Shadows, Mazzatun, Bloodroot Forge, Falkreath Hold, Scalecaller Peak, and Fang Lair.

That’s 7 Trials and 8 DLC dungeons that you can consider challenging on veteran mode. That’s about 1% of the game content at best.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because I wouldn't want it.