The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor Set Passive & Result After Research

Legendary_Belt
Hi,
I wanna research for a mace which is researchable using my Ratsplatter. I just need to know if I destroy/research it, will it deduct my item set passive (Armor of the Trainee Set).

Also, will I get my item back or recieve some buff the next time I pick up the same type of item after the research is done.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Research does destroy the item, yes, so be sure that it’s not something you’re using as part of your active gear set.

Research doesn’t buff future weapons of the same type/trait.

It does enable you to transmute weapons/armor of that same type TO the trait you just researched (with transmute stones).

Research also enables you to create crafted gear sets ... depending on the total number of traits your character knows.

Finally, trait research improves your chances of master writ drops when you start doing max level (CP150) crafting daily writs.
  • Legendary_Belt
    Thanks, thank God I researched a mace i wasn't using.