The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should we have daily threads about the grouping problems?

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In particular, it is absolutely ridiculous that we are still forming battleground groups with fewer than 4 players per team. That is wholly unacceptable. I've gone literally entire matches with only three people on my team while the other two have four. If you can't form a whole group, DON'T FORM THE MATCH AT ALL!!

I'm just wondering if I should report this every day it happens until something is done or what. I absolutely cannot imagine how this was allowed to go live as such.
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier I actually had a match start counting down with only two people on my team, counting myself (I guess someone crashed or something? It's not supposed to start until each team has at least 3). Before the "gate" actually opened, the other guy on my team quit, and the game started with 3v3v1. One other person came in on my team fairly quickly, with 2 more staggered out over the course of the match (didn't get the 4th until probably almost halfway through the game). By the end of the match my team had actually pulled off a victory, but one of the other teams never went beyond 3 players.

Having the game start with a team of 3 kinda stinks, but I guess it's somewhat understandable in cases of someone crashing or disconnecting. What I don't get is why some teams can get stuck on 3 players for a full 15 minute match, even if it's during (or near) prime time, with multiple different BGs going and a lot of people in the queue. Without separated solo and group queues, I guess it's acceptable to leave a premade team with the 3 people they queue'd with, but if everyone's solo it can mean a pretty sizable disadvantage.