The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Armor Not Scaling Correctly

BreakaerB
BreakaerB
✭✭
I'm not trying to put boots on caterpillars here but I am only sitting at 21k health in Cyrodiil and that just can't be right. I am an Argonian in 5 heavy with all passives minus undaunted. Again I could be wrong but I have friends wearing med and light armor that are sitting at higher health than I am. Only noticed this issue after Summerset. Has anyone else encountered any issues like this?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you using poisons with the new summerset food? I heard using together bugs it out.
    PS4 NA DC
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    Back bar poisons but not using summerset food. I tested with both max bi stat and dubious.
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Im running 5 heavy on my Stam sorc, one max health glyph on chest, no undaunted and I’m at 21.7 in cyro. I’d agree that something doesn’t seem right.
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    Im running 5 heavy on my Stam sorc, one max health glyph on chest, no undaunted and I’m at 21.7 in cyro. I’d agree that something doesn’t seem right.

What platform do you play on?
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA. My argonian magblade in all light sits at 24.7 health with tristat food, and no health glyphs. Seems a little odd.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye something has been off about heavy armor for quite a while imo
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    Xbox NA. My argonian magblade in all light sits at 24.7 health with tristat food, and no health glyphs. Seems a little odd.

Hmm, I also play on Xbox NA.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume this is in a regular CP campaign with +300 CP? You should have at least 24k in this case depending on the food used. I would get that character naked, use some non-health food/drink and start equipping things one at a time to see if you can spot the discrepancy.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    I assume this is in a regular CP campaign with +300 CP? You should have at least 24k in this case depending on the food used. I would get that character naked, use some non-health food/drink and start equipping things one at a time to see if you can spot the discrepancy.

Yea CP campaign and 750 CP. I actually tried unequipping all items the other night and took the food buff off but that yielded no insight.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you use food from a quickslot? I have found using food from quickslot results in lower stats than if I go into my consumables in my inventory.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    Did you use food from a quickslot? I have found using food from quickslot results in lower stats than if I go into my consumables in my inventory.

Im not sure to be honest but most likely. I will test that when I get home.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BreakaerB wrote: »
    Back bar poisons but not using summerset food. I tested with both max bi stat and dubious.

Idk about the Summerset food but you don't get the full food buff when using bi stat food if you consume it while on a bar that you have poisons equipped. For some reason Dubious doesn't bug out, must be that it's a drink.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    Edited by flacidstone on June 20, 2018 12:09AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 heavy sloads argonian DK and I'm only at 17k HP outside of Cyro. Undaunted maxed, all passives.

5 light sloads argonian NB and I'm at 19k HP outside of Cyro. Undaunted maxed, all passives.

Same set crafted for both.

Yeah I'll hop on this train. I think I should have more HP on my DK.
    Edited by brandonv516 on June 20, 2018 1:45AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this aswell an issue, also the scaling from 25k+ is insane.
    Dunno what they broke this time.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Swapped the 5 light on my argonian
    Mageblade for 5 heavy. The heavy set has one max health bonus. My health is exactly the same as in light with the same food. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by flacidstone on June 20, 2018 12:51PM
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    5 heavy sloads argonian DK and I'm only at 17k HP outside of Cyro. Undaunted maxed, all passives.

5 light sloads argonian NB and I'm at 19k HP outside of Cyro. Undaunted maxed, all passives.

GG spaghetti code OP
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB's have passive 8% bonus max hp when they have a shadow ability equipped but 5 heavy should outdo that by 2%...
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    i have 5 heavies, 4 have health glyphs, all passives for heavy armor. and food that also increases health... 19k... i am not in Cyrodiil.

THEY BROKE SOMETHING!
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

Not true.

NB's have passive 8% bonus max hp when they have a shadow ability equipped but 5 heavy should outdo that by 2%...

It’s 3% per Shadow ability slotted.

Anyway, it does seem strange. Especially with Argonian 10% to HP. The only thing I can recommend is mathematically going about it. Naked in Cyrodil (so Battle spirit is active). Without undaunted and food, your health would be at about 11-12k (no character points in health). Battle spirit brings it to 17. Food brings it roughly to 20. Heavy armor should then add 10%, so up to 22k. Then Argonian passive of 10% to 24.2ish.

Now what it all hinges on is when the heavy armor and Argonian passive are calculated. If it’s before Battle Spirit, then 21k health makes sense. If after Battle Spirit, it doesn’t. And it’s hard to compare your situation to anyone else in Medium or Light because you’d have to take into account their race, class, undaunted, health enchants etc.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stealth nerfed Battle Spirit too, or I just missed it in the patch notes.
    Because our guild has a 28k Health minimum for Cyrodiil, and 22.5k base health was enough before Summerset. Now I’m short 500 health on all of my builds.
    Edited by davidj8291 on June 20, 2018 11:43PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true.

Anyway, it does seem strange. Especially with Argonian 10% to HP. The only thing I can recommend is mathematically going about it. Naked in Cyrodil (so Battle spirit is active). Without undaunted and food, your health would be at about 11-12k (no character points in health). Battle spirit brings it to 17. Food brings it roughly to 20. Heavy armor should then add 10%, so up to 22k. Then Argonian passive of 10% to 24.2ish.

Now what it all hinges on is when the heavy armor and Argonian passive are calculated. If it’s before Battle Spirit, then 21k health makes sense. If after Battle Spirit, it doesn’t. And it’s hard to compare your situation to anyone else in Medium or Light because you’d have to take into account their race, class, undaunted, health enchants etc.

Technically you are correct. The stats were incorrect but it had to do with poisons on the bar I was using the food. I was using the food from my inventory on my main bar without poisons, and when I was using the quick slot it was on my back bar with poisons. I have tested it now though and many foods bug out if you have poisons equipped while consuming them.
    Templar's are evil..
  • BreakaerB
    BreakaerB
    ✭✭
    Glad to know I'm not crazy and everyone else is having issues.
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    i dont have any poisons equipped, same problem...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ll post my stats here and you guys tell me if it sounds legit:

6 Heavy Armor (no set with HP bonus(es)) + Dubious + Redguard + Tristat enchant on big pieces =18k HP outside of Cyrodil.
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    sounds a bit low. i think the passives from heavies are not all working.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

Not true.

Technically you are correct. The stats were incorrect but it had to do with poisons on the bar I was using the food. I was using the food from my inventory on my main bar without poisons, and when I was using the quick slot it was on my back bar with poisons. I have tested it now though and many foods bug out if you have poisons equipped while consuming them.

Hmm, so when let’s say you have poisons on your bow bar, then you take food; you’re saying the values from the food aren’t accurate then? I’ll be able to test for PS4 at least a little later this afternoon, but if that’s the case then that’s a pretty big deal.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true.

Hmm, so when let’s say you have poisons on your bow bar, then you take food; you’re saying the values from the food aren’t accurate then? I’ll be able to test for PS4 at least a little later this afternoon, but if that’s the case then that’s a pretty big deal.

I was using Braised Rabbit food, I'll post a video later.
    Templar's are evil..
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking something is off.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny to read this topic, as yesterday I couldn't understand what the hell is going on when I started to run BG on heavy armor stamsorc with 21k hp...

My magsorc in light 5/1/1 with no bonus to hp item sets, no pets, with tri stat food has more hp than my stamsorc running 6 heavy with 1 bonus to hp, though, I run dubious on my stamsorc, but still should have about 2k hp more, not 1k hp less.

Feels like heavy armor passives do not work.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq