The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Unlock Assault and Support Skill Lines at Level 3

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure what section this goes in but,

I've done this on two characters and I'm not sure if it is intended but if you accept the daily log-in reward with a low level character and the reward is AP it will unlock the Assault and Support skill lines.

The 500AP reward is enough to unlock it.
The 1500AP reward is enough to unlock it, advance you to level 2 unlocking the first two skills and give you two skill points.

I've got a level 3 and a level 4 character that can use Rapid Maneuvers.

I've not tried to see if it will allow you into Cyrodiil though, but I don't think it does.
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you earn ap so it goes to leveling pvp skill lines and pvp rank for your character.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh. The normal baseline is level 10, and it's not like it takes long to get there from L3.

Probably not intended, but probably not worth the 'fix,' either, tbh.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is intended because it's like this for over a year now, if not longer.

Do one battleground = you'll reach level 3 on assault and support immediately.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

@Seraphayel

Can you do BGs on a lvl 3 character? That is what OP is talking about.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not intended, but probably not worth the 'fix,' either, tbh.

But I suspect it's still a weird experience for new players by granting these skill lines without doing anything besides of logging in a few times - regardless if that 'anything' did not took much effort previously.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Op is referring to the new daily log in rewards that give you AP on some days, not the usual porting into Cyrodil or doing a BG once you hit level 10. In this way, you can get rank 3 in alliance skills at level 1 without entering any PVP area.

But yeah, not really a big deal. Level 10 isn't that far away and you still have to do more PVP to unlock vigor or other useful skills in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Op is referring to the new daily log in rewards that give you AP on some days, not the usual porting into Cyrodil or doing a BG once you hit level 10. In this way, you can get rank 3 in alliance skills at level 1 without entering any PVP area.

But yeah, not really a big deal. Level 10 isn't that far away and you still have to do more PVP to unlock vigor or other useful skills in a reasonable amount of time.

Honestly these characters will never go to Cyrodiil or BG, they are mules and I've had them since launch. Riding is maxed out on one and he is level 4 the other is maxed out on the pack slots and is level 3. It is nice to be able to get around town quicker with these guys without breaking out the ride though. :)
    Edited by Casdha on June 19, 2018 6:39PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you're really getting is rapids though so make the best of it.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, just doing the Cryodiil tutorial will get you a couple skill points and L2 in Assault/Support. Curious how it works now with the daily rewards AP gift but don't see any problem. I just remember that is does make a diff which char I'm on when I accept that AP reward.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo