The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can StamSorcs be tanky?

ximelolagnia
ximelolagnia
✭✭
I recently went to vivec instead of sotha and i have seen immortal DKs and wardens running heavy, tanking zergs, and still killing people. Feels like out of my 15 or so builds only the medium armour high resource pools ones are viable? Are stamsorcs just generally not good as tanks this meta? If there is some nice tanky spanky sexy ass setup what sets would you run?
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    I would encourage you to check out one of my clips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EW2NONBSrI

Stam sorcs have great healing, and mobility which gives an allusion of tankiness.

My stam sorc runs 4k health recovery with troll king proc + 1700 from crit surge give or take + 2k health recovery from lingering speed pots. It truly outheals my stam dk in every way. If you run heavy, FM, and the lingering speeds you will be able to avoid damage pretty well.

• barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't survive in medium at all in this meta, too much damage. I can duel with it, outnumbered, forget it. Stunned and done.

I've been pairing fury with different heavy sets and troll king.

7th - great burst potential, sustain is about impossible outnumbered
    Willows Path - pretty decent build, can survive long enough to build fury but then against DKs who don't crit a lot, not enough burst to take them down and the usually just leap a couple times to out sustain and burst me down.
    Duroks - cause I'm sick of this proc meta and proccing back

I run 3 triune with 3 weapon damage enchants. 5h/2m. I still need to transmute my 2m troll king to impen though so I still take more damage than I should.
  • ximelolagnia
    ximelolagnia
    ✭✭
    seems like a nice vivec build, not sotha for sure but my main focus right now is vivec in this thread. Then again it seems like your build is super weak to defiles. Also I doubt you can tank as hard as the DKs I have seen against multiple people since the sets you run are mainly offensive. I get that the mobility is a great form of tanking but I am wondering if it is possible to be more of an in the face type of tank that still deals damage? would it work? I imagine it would have to be with at least one damage proc set with a focus on HP and hp recovery as well. IDK
  • ximelolagnia
    ximelolagnia
    ✭✭
    The vids I see of your build you don't really fight full on zergs, you pull some people out which is fair. What blows my mind is simply the DKs that jump into 10-20 man zergs and still tank for full on minutes and still kill people. I honestly don't know how they do that *** xD
  • ximelolagnia
    ximelolagnia
    ✭✭
    @barshemm yeah my mate northarm stormborn told me about willows path, seems like a great set if you are willing to get that new stamina gold food/drink but I am not that rich so i decided to opt out from that setup.
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    The vids I see of your build you don't really fight full on zergs, you pull some people out which is fair. What blows my mind is simply the DKs that jump into 10-20 man zergs and still tank for full on minutes and still kill people. I honestly don't know how they do that *** xD

Very true, I pull smaller numbers then what you have in mind!

You wont see DK's doing it these days though :/ not to long ago, there was some exploits within befoul tree and other things that was allowing stam dk's to tank huge numbers and still kill. I havent seen that being possible in clockwork and summerset.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone tank 10 to 20 while still killing people in like a year in the most populated campaign. If you have seen it recently why not ask that person.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • ximelolagnia
    ximelolagnia
    ✭✭
    Yeah I probably will next time I see them. I have the feeling it's just because DK's have a stronger in your face playstyle but maybe they are using some kinky sets I haven't heard of. ;D
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »
    I would encourage you to check out one of my clips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EW2NONBSrI

My old guild leader was asking zone chat he was looking to buy that maul. Now I see why. Build looks fun!

Also love that pic of Thanos.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody that survives encounters with multiple players through sheer healing and mitigation in open field basically has to be spec'd for tanking. Their damage will be lackluster and reliant on slowly burning down weak targets. They won't kill hard targets, though.

To the question, I play my stam sorc in that brawler fashion with,

5 Hulking (2 jewel, belt/gloves/boots)
    5 Ravaging (2 body, 1 jewel, 2h Axe)
    2 Master DW
    2 TK (or whatever monster set you prefer; I am a Khajiit so TK is my synergy)

With the healing morph of twin slashes (blood craze I think), crit surge, rally, shuffle.

I know this build appears to be all damage - but remember, high tooltips on heals mean more tankiness, and there is no better tool for sustain than downing your opponent.

That being said, if you want a decent mix of tankiness and damage, try something like Impreg + Automaton/Hunding.
    Edited by ezeepeezee on June 19, 2018 7:16PM
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    @barshemm yeah my mate northarm stormborn told me about willows path, seems like a great set if you are willing to get that new stamina gold food/drink but I am not that rich so i decided to opt out from that setup.

I was running it with purple tr-stat.
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. X heavy armor set + Y damage set + troll king + orc