The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka warden PVP build

UndeniablyAVG
UndeniablyAVG
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

So I know magden aren't exactly in the best place for PVP or anything for that matter but I love the feel of the class so I'm just going to make one and hope they get buffed at some point. I've been having a think about builds and have come up with the following:

5x Necropotence
5x Sloads, I know people hate this set but it could act as a bit of a crutch for a magden.

Monster set I'm not quite sure, thinking maybe Bloodspawn or Skoria, depending on how tanky I feel. I would probably go for Zaan but I'm only cp350 and don't really have the balls to try Scalecaller VET.

Everything light except the chest which is heavy as my undaunted isn't levelled on this character, tri-stat glyphs on the head and chest and max magicka everwhere else.
2x spell damage 1x mag recovery on jewels. All Impenetrable.

The apprentice stone for spell damage and witchmothers food for the extra regen.

I'm thinking of running 2 destro staves, whats the best way to set these up?
2x inferno or 1xinferno 1xice? Main hand do i want infused with spell damage enchant? or sharpened?
I was thinking of using infused magicka drain enchant for back bar.

skills I'm thinking of using are:
Frontbar:
Elemental Weapon, Deep Fissure, Destructive Reach, Dampen Magic, Blue Betty ULT: Shooting Star / Permafrost
Backbar:
Natures Embrace, Elemental Drain, Shimmering Shield, Lotus Blossom, Bird of Prey ULT: Healing Thicket

Let me know what you think, I'm well open to constructive criticism.

Cheers.
PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Sounds good but I'd run resto or snb instead of 2 flame staves
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    use an inferno/resto staff, healing ward is a life saver in PvP and you also bring much more utility to your group if you can swap abilities on the go
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a magicka builds with shields you may go for more infused, divine or well-fitted traits, since as long as you have a shield, you wont take crit damage.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave this a go and it seemed to work quite well. I am thinking of swapping the second destro staff to a resto for healing ward.

I'm struggling with an execute as the bear is rubbish, I've been using soul assault as a sort of execute as with shimmering shield and bloodspawn on it seems to always be up. I would love a better burst heal as the current warden one is very weak.

Not sure how viable it will be with the incoming sloads nerf, I guess we will see.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah not sure what you plan on replacing when Sloads gets nerfed
  • zhip
    zhip
    Soul Shriven
    i tested many builds on magden.

just few things what i have learned.

you can go burst 1 shot build or tanky dot build. both work 1 shot build means you get 1 shotted too sometimes.

sload is good for magden use it

shaclebreaker is also very good. i dropped necro for this.

1 shot build necro and spinner you hit like truck.

dot build skoria its best.

1 shot molag 1 and domihaus 1

zaan is not so good you get kill here and there but most of the time you are not in range

dot build also work on heavy armor

some spells

cliff racer feels better than elemental weapon for pvp (for me)

fetcher for scoria

fissure give breach no need elemental drain

budding seeds heals ton cheap but tricky to use

vines is just good for mag regen and sustain

northern storm 8% max magisca boost your 1 shot combo much

bear ult work sometimes it gives you finisher, random stun, but bear need much control.

• LanceFoxMcCloud
    LanceFoxMcCloud
    ✭✭✭
    Want that stun back? I've found Winterborn to be quite useful. Especially against group play.