Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which race is the best RP wise for a Templar if one want to have the medieval holy paladin feel?

• Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    Letholdrus wrote: »
    Which race is the best RP wise for a Templar? Are there races similar to for instance a WoW human? Basically what I am asking is which race's buildings, armor, weapons, shields and backstory fit the 'human holy crusader / paladin' the best.

I don't want to pick a race for min max reasons, but I want one where it will 'feel' like I am playing a crusader.

Any thoughts?

Imperial all the way. If you do not care to min/max, then they're your race. Some of their racial passives fit the bill as well. At least for me they do. Try em out! Breton and high elf are what I would use if I were trying to min/max.
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭
    It's not an obvious choice, but the Stam meta race could work.

From what I've come across in game lore and in roleplay, the race that fits the theme of skilled, devout warrior who would fight evil could be Redguard. They might not dress like standard issue knights or organize like them, but they're described in lore as an extremely martial society and they despise necromancy and the undead. They would shun spellcasters too by the third era, since evil and dead things rising from the ground tends to be made possible with magic. So a flashy Templar using magic might not be a Redguard but I suppose it comes down to your preferred fighting style.

I came across a Redguard warrior in RP who would only come to trust a stranger after exposure to wolfsbane and incense smoke. Kind of extreme for RP but it fits the theme.

This was the reason I chose Redguard for my Shield Maiden and Knight Hospitalor. (StamPlars)

When you are in the game, the NPC's of this race behaved, commented and were similarly inclined as my Paladin(s), and I try to find immersive aspects of the game that support the story I am unfolding.

On a side note - @Azurephoenix999 was correct, Pelinal's Aptitude does work very well for what you (we) are doing. If you were on PS4 EU, I'd make you one.
    Edited by My_Treehawk on August 16, 2018 2:49PM