The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magsorc pve help

ErMurazor
ErMurazor
✭✭✭✭✭
Gonna start do trials with my newly lvled magsorc. Need help with setup. Never played a magsorc before. Thx
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »

What I have done with my magSorc (with the advice/help of awesome players on here) follows:

I run a pet build (both Twilight Matriarch and Volatile Familiar). I have equipped at all time on both front/back bar, 5/5 Necropotence, 5/5 Julianos (light Armor) and both pieces of the Ilambris Set. I am cp358 and my max magicka without food sits at 38.8k and with food (with what I can craft) sits at 44k. I am putting out about 19k (per killing a 3 mil health dummy in 2 minutes and 54 seconds) damage right now. Still working an getting it better.

Julianos pieces: 2 Lightning Staves, Chest, Gloves and Sash. (Staves are infused and armor pieces are divines)
    Necropotence Pieces: 2 rings, Necklace, Breeches and Boots. (saving up transmute crystals make armor pieces divines)
    Ilambris pieces: Head (heavy), shoulders (light, haven't found medium yet) (also need transmute crystals to make these infused)

I try to stick with the 5-1-1 armor ratio.

All armor and jewelry I have right now is of purple quality. My two staves are gold, but I put two gold shock enchants on them before improving to gold themselves.

My front bar is: daedric prey, volatile familiar, hardened ward, twilight matriarch, inner light - Ultimate: Elemental Rage
    My back bar is: power surge, volatile familiar, liquid lightning, twilight matriarch, elemental blockade - Ultimate: Charged Atronach

I keep volatile familiar and twilight matriarch double slotted so I don't have to recast them each bar switch.

My rotation is as follows:

LA = Light Attack; HA = Heavy Attack

Pre-fight I summon matriarch and familiar then Power Surge;

Cast Elemental Rage first;

elemental blockade > LA > liquid lightning > LA - bar switch
    daedric prey > HA > volatile familiar's ability > HA > hardened ward - bar switch

I will start a boss fight with elemental rage. Through out the fight, I will summon the atronach when ultimate is charged and ready

***I don't cast the ultimate unless I am fighting a boss as I can pretty much melt everything else away***

I very rarely run out of magicka, unless it's a vet dungeon boss, I have magicka pots to help restore magicka. Usually if I am running out of magicka, it's because I start doing my rotation out of order from what I mentioned above.

I am able to solo most normal dungeons by myself. I am able to hold my own on vet dungeons when the rest of the group is cp750.

Also, for me, I am able to keep myself healed 90% of the time while utilizing hardened ward and the heal ability from the twilight matriarch. The only times that I really die, is when I get cocky and this generally happens when I have enemies (mostly mobs and bosses) almost dead, and neglect casting my ward or heal, thinking I can succeed, but this happens less and less the more familiar with my rotation I get.

Sorry for the wall of text, this is what I works for me, and have been working really hard getting this character to where he is at thanks to the help from people on here.

Hope this helps :)

***Sorry menat to reply to OP***

Edited by BozzyTheDrummer on June 21, 2018 5:48PM
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • blunned
    blunned
    ✭✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »

What I have done with my magSorc (with the advice/help of awesome players on here) follows:

I run a pet build (both Twilight Matriarch and Volatile Familiar). I have equipped at all time on both front/back bar, 5/5 Necropotence, 5/5 Julianos (light Armor) and both pieces of the Ilambris Set. I am cp358 and my max magicka without food sits at 38.8k and with food (with what I can craft) sits at 44k. I am putting out about 19k (per killing a 3 mil health dummy in 2 minutes and 54 seconds) damage right now. Still working an getting it better.

Julianos pieces: 2 Lightning Staves, Chest, Gloves and Sash. (Staves are infused and armor pieces are divines)
    Necropotence Pieces: 2 rings, Necklace, Breeches and Boots. (saving up transmute crystals make armor pieces divines)
    Ilambris pieces: Head (heavy), shoulders (light, haven't found medium yet) (also need transmute crystals to make these infused)

I try to stick with the 5-1-1 armor ratio.

All armor and jewelry I have right now is of purple quality. My two staves are gold, but I put two gold shock enchants on them before improving to gold themselves.

My front bar is: daedric prey, volatile familiar, hardened ward, twilight matriarch, inner light - Ultimate: Elemental Rage
    My back bar is: power surge, volatile familiar, liquid lightning, twilight matriarch, elemental blockade - Ultimate: Charged Atronach

I keep volatile familiar and twilight matriarch double slotted so I don't have to recast them each bar switch.

My rotation is as follows:

LA = Light Attack; HA = Heavy Attack

Pre-fight I summon matriarch and familiar then Power Surge;

Cast Elemental Rage first;

elemental blockade > LA > liquid lightning > LA - bar switch
    daedric prey > HA > volatile familiar's ability > HA > hardened ward - bar switch

I will start a boss fight with elemental rage. Through out the fight, I will summon the atronach when ultimate is charged and ready

***I don't cast the ultimate unless I am fighting a boss as I can pretty much melt everything else away***

I very rarely run out of magicka, unless it's a vet dungeon boss, I have magicka pots to help restore magicka. Usually if I am running out of magicka, it's because I start doing my rotation out of order from what I mentioned above.

I am able to solo most normal dungeons by myself. I am able to hold my own on vet dungeons when the rest of the group is cp750.

Also, for me, I am able to keep myself healed 90% of the time while utilizing hardened ward and the heal ability from the twilight matriarch. The only times that I really die, is when I get cocky and this generally happens when I have enemies (mostly mobs and bosses) almost dead, and neglect casting my ward or heal, thinking I can succeed, but this happens less and less the more familiar with my rotation I get.

Sorry for the wall of text, this is what I works for me, and have been working really hard getting this character to where he is at thanks to the help from people on here.

Hope this helps :)

***Sorry menat to reply to OP***

I know you aren’t looking for help, but I was in a very similar boat to you (19-21k dps) with exact same gear. Here’s a few things I have done differently than you which increased my dps to between 25k (on a bad day) to just over 28k without changing my skill or rotation. Switch julianos to spinners gear. With the majority of our damage coming from pets (which scale off Max Magicka) spell damage doesn’t help us as much as other builds. Switch your mundus to the mage (increased Max Magicka). With summerset, light attacks and heavy attacks scale damage more off Max Magicka than before. With pet damage, shields, and now LA and HA scaling off Max Magicka it provides a much better overall build. Also, make sure to put your big pieces (head, chest, legs) as infused but keep your smaller pieces as divines.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

Here’s a super simple 1 pet rotation which is sustainable, tanky (double wards), has a burst heal, and hits 37k+ solo buffed. Gear, CP, etc. are at the end of video. Hope it helps!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/makemeuhsamich/video/54166060
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

Here’s a super simple 1 pet rotation which is sustainable, tanky (double wards), has a burst heal, and hits 37k+ solo buffed. Gear, CP, etc. are at the end of video. Hope it helps!

Thanks for posting that. I am having issues so I will try this and hope it's simple enough for me.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    OP,

Thanks for posting that. I am having issues so I will try this and hope it's simple enough for me.

Awesome! Hope it helps!