The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current State of PvP and Communication from Dev

Gnozo
Gnozo
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

At the moment pvp has reached a point where it never was before. Completly broken balance and huuuge Performance and Latency Problems.

If i take a look at the first page in this subforum i count 5 posts about Performance/Latency and 4 about how broken sloads is. And there are 0 reactions from Zenimax clarifying at least something. No communication ever. Nothing on what was the Intention on sets like sloads and what they are currently doing about the Performance issues. We are dicussing these things here wanting the game to improve so we actually enjoy it again and old players return to the game and also new players come. But atm I cant recommend eso.

If there is a bug with a 5 minute long random Quest we get a hotfix for this one week later. Pvp has so many problems and nothing is getting adressed.....
Please for the Love of god, we need an in depth respond from ZoS on how they see pvp in its current state and what plans they have for the Future. We also need Statements about Balance like defile, bleeding,sloads.

We deserve an indepth statement about this. We are paying costumers who are complaining about ongoing and new problems that the product for what we pay or payed for have. This close to nothing communication about these problems is punishing for paying costumers and has nothing to do with service.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's two different devs depending on what you want answers for.

Sloads - Combat Team (Wrobel)
    Cyrodiil - PvP Team (Wheeler)

The last time we heard from Wheeler he did mention they're working on Cyrodiil stability and until it runs the way they want they're not looking for too much more "new" content, but we would hear back from him later in the year (paraphrased from memory, correct me if wrong).

Wrobel doesn't generally speak about balance issues until they're doing updates and he's on ESO Live, your best bet with issues on Sloads is to speak with the new class reps and have them pass things on, however I imagine ZOS are aware of Sloads issues considering the forums.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facts.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current state: Bad, like usual.
    Dev response: Radio silence, like usual.

So I pretty much just carry on, like usual.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Current state: Bad, like usual.
    Dev response: Radio silence, like usual.

So I pretty much just carry on, like usual.

It's not bad as usual it got worse with every patch in the last year.
    The best indicator i have is the play time my 3 man group spends in Cyrodiil, one year ago we didn't play pvp on 2-3 days because it was unplayable due to lag now we play on 2-3 days and even then it's hardly playable.

The performance is so bad that It's just sad, i remember the old days when lightning patch hit and you could attack someone on the back flag of a keep then run around the keep and once you're back your damage finally registered or skills being used and it takes seconds for you to be able to use other skills again.

We aren't far from that atm but now it's with only 150 players on each side rather than 600 that's just depressing
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just horrifying what happend to the game. Before release they said they want to make a game where hundreds of players are on one screen and fight for keeps. Now we are down to 150 players per Alliance game runs completly *** even if u solo a ressource and they are still "investigating".
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodill has been in a sorry state for a LOOOOOONG time now and we STILL get the silent treatment from Devs.

Then we have Wrobel who wakes up in the morning with a new BAD idea for a set like sloads and all the other Proc sets we have seen come and go,

Why does Imperial City not have a Queue system like Cyrodiil where you can Queue Straight into it, if it had i am sure alot more players would be down there, but because they have to queue for Cyrodiil to get to imperial city when cyrodiil is pop locked they just dont bother,

Separate IC from Cyrodiil by allowing people to queue straight into it and in this way get more people into IC.

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil's at this point a massive load screen that occasionally malfunctions and lets us play
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Cyrodill has been in a sorry state for a LOOOOOONG time now and we STILL get the silent treatment from Devs.

Then we have Wrobel who wakes up in the morning with a new BAD idea for a set like sloads and all the other Proc sets we have seen come and go,

Why does Imperial City not have a Queue system like Cyrodiil where you can Queue Straight into it, if it had i am sure alot more players would be down there, but because they have to queue for Cyrodiil to get to imperial city when cyrodiil is pop locked they just dont bother,

Separate IC from Cyrodiil by allowing people to queue straight into it and in this way get more people into IC.

This and it would also help to get more players in cyro cause they dont take space in the cyro population.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please dont let this die.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But the performance was supposed to become better with Summerset :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cryodill needs a complete revamp we have been fighting over the same thing for years it's boring
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryodill needs a complete revamp we have been fighting over the same thing for years it's boring

I care less about revamp and more about performance. I can't even play vivec but weekend mornings because of the lag. So I have to play dead campaigns where people don't care about the map or bgs......(and still catch lag and load screens)

Not caring about the map is also a problem imo. Shor pc na has some great fights and good players but it is very cliqueish. It has a ton of great players but it feels like a) open world duels, b) small scale group duels c) farming resources, and no one seems to care about the score, keeps, emp, scrolls, any of it. And people tend to belittle you if you do care, "zerg" or any of the other actions that have been deemed non shor worthy. It's just takes away from what cyro is supposed to be.
    Edited by Datthaw on June 20, 2018 10:40AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Datthaw it’s hard to care about the map on a campaign that doesn’t have consistent population on all three alliances throughout the day and night. Knowing that no matter what you do, it will all be taken back (and your point deficit will be increased by several thousand) at 5am when the entire population of Shor consists of 8 AD really makes it unclear what the point of playing the map is.

So while I agree with you that not caring about the map is a problem, I’d say it’s actually a symptom of a deeper problem: population. The game is suffering enough that only one PVP campaign can keep a competitive number of players interested at all times. That’s a very bad sign of the health of PVP in this game.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    @Datthaw it’s hard to care about the map on a campaign that doesn’t have consistent population on all three alliances throughout the day and night. Knowing that no matter what you do, it will all be taken back (and your point deficit will be increased by several thousand) at 5am when the entire population of Shor consists of 8 AD really makes it unclear what the point of playing the map is.

So while I agree with you that not caring about the map is a problem, I’d say it’s actually a symptom of a deeper problem: population. The game is suffering enough that only one PVP campaign can keep a competitive number of players interested at all times. That’s a very bad sign of the health of PVP in this game.

I can agree with that
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    Path of Fire GW2 expansion is on sale 50% off right now. I've played since launch but haven't actually logged in and played in a year because ESO has had it's hold. No longer. Purchased last night.

The freezing and disconnects in PvP are at a critical point and I'm done dealing with it until it's addressed.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PC player I just want to say we have to a little better than the poor console players. PC is still in a horrible state. But I see these vids from console, and im suprised it still have any players with the freezing and player invisibility crap
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many people complain about lags/freezes/crashes, but i have none of these, and i'm not the only one. The only problem is in Vivec at prime hours in an area in full fight. That's normal, even in real life things would be confusing and slow.
    I don't have a problem with sloads either, the only thing it's especially strong against are shielders and cloackers.

but i completely agree about the silence, i hate it.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Mohegan_Sneak
    Don’t know if this will help, I just came to Vivec from Sotha just this week. I have been in fights twice the size of the ones I got into last night in Vivec. On Sotha never had a problem, Vivec I was getting 2-5 delays in a 15v15 and 5 minute load screens and I bet there wasn’t 50 players in the general area at the time. Really depressing I was super excited to step up with the big boys :(
    Edited by Mohegan_Sneak on June 20, 2018 7:54PM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp in its current state is a mess. Lag everywhere. Broken sets that benefit the zergers. There is no place for solo or smalscale anymore.

If you join a ballgroup you rubberband over the whole map.....

Consoles are even more worst. No communication from zos. Its so frustrating on what the game has become. And the Dev only care about crown store. I never exp things like this in a Video game.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised to see that people still hold onto hope for fixed PvP issues. Crown Store where rehash of old assets are gathered at is fae more important than PvPers clearly. ZOS won't fix other than trivial glitches in PvE dialogue or visual glitches on Crown item.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 21, 2018 5:48AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Pvp in its current state is a mess. Lag everywhere. Broken sets that benefit the zergers. There is no place for solo or smalscale anymore.

Consoles are even more worst. No communication from zos. Its so frustrating on what the game has become. And the Dev only care about crown store. I never exp things like this in a Video game.

Ohh another "small-scale is dead" fanatic......

Small-scalers bring that issue upon themselves. I play solo most of the time, and 9/10 small-scale groups I face barely want to fight outnumbered (with exceptions ofc). They would rather chase a solo player across half of Cyrodil like he/she was worth 50k AP. Heck, even big ball-groups and zergs have more respect for solo players (they usually leave you alone more often than the small-scalers)

So what do I do as a solo-player? I either:
    a) Leave/quit Cyrodil
    b) Create your own group to take down the other "small-scale" group (not exactly easy to find good players to play in a group of 4-5 ppl)
    c) Join the main faction zerg to outnumber them.

I can tell you that the majority of people will go with option a or c.

And why do you think ZOS would reply to a semi-rant thread like this? People act like the devs eat, sleeps and breath this game 24/7 and that "fixing" things is done in the blink of an eye. I´ve seen screenshots of the numbers of notifications and messages some of the devs have when logging into the forums, and I understand they fail to respond to 99% of the topics out there.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Small-scalers bring that issue upon themselves. I play solo most of the time, and 9/10 small-scale groups I face barely want to fight outnumbered (with exceptions ofc). They would rather chase a solo player across half of Cyrodil like he/she was worth 50k AP. Heck, even big ball-groups and zergs have more respect for solo players (they usually leave you alone more often than the small-scalers)

a) Leave/quit Cyrodil
    b) Create your own group to take down the other "small-scale" group (not exactly easy to find good players to play in a group of 4-5 ppl)

And why do you think ZOS would reply to a semi-rant thread like this? People act like the devs eat, sleeps and breath this game 24/7 and that "fixing" things is done in the blink of an eye. I´ve seen screenshots of the numbers of notifications and messages some of the devs have when logging into the forums, and I understand they fail to respond to 99% of the topics out there.

Maybe if they have bothered to proper test and code, they wouldnt have those many notifications.
    You know, after 4 years u expect a game u paid and subbed monthly for to be somewhat stable, but its clearly not the freaking case here. There is literally bugs that dont pass SANITY tests, like wtf? do they even have QA?

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

a) Leave/quit Cyrodil

Do You her paid by zos or what? Ofc smalscale amd solo is Dead in prime time, what is your point?

And ofc fixing things takes time but its nearly 4 years now and we never get ANY real statement on the current state or plans they have.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf, Gina did tell us they're looking into Sload performance.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Sload isnt the biggest Problem. The lag is. When there would be 0 lag, it would be more easy to deal with stupid zerger sets
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Path of Fire GW2 expansion is on sale 50% off right now. I've played since launch but haven't actually logged in and played in a year because ESO has had it's hold. No longer. Purchased last night.

The freezing and disconnects in PvP are at a critical point and I'm done dealing with it until it's addressed.

I would be tickled pink if GW2 would ever come to consoles... Not going to happen but still I could dream! *sigh*
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

I would be tickled pink if GW2 would ever come to consoles... Not going to happen but still I could dream! *sigh*

I'm trying to think how they would handle the skill bar. 10 skills but it's not like ESO where you bar swap between them half on one half on the other, theres 10 skills on both bars. Would have to have some really weird button combos for the utility skills!

Having a great time these past couple nights. Spent the early evenings doing the new story and I have the first two mounts, Raptor and Springer. Trying to farm hero points ASAP to unlock the new Mirage class for my Mesmer so I gotta do some PvE. Spent the nights in SPvP and WvW. I play on Blackgate, the #1 WvW server, and solo roaming or in a group.... there is zero lag. SPvP, zero lag. Also no invisible teleporting players, crazy how much of a difference it makes when you can see, attack, and defend from other players! This was a problem even before Summerset and I haven't seen anything ever mentioned by a dev that this is a problem? That is game breaking in PvP and it's like they don't even care. There should have been a stickied post in this forum months ago with wtf is going on with PvP in this game right now and what they are working on to fix it.

Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

That was 2 patches ago.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.