The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who did I forget? Best 1vX players video.

NevoX
NevoX
✭✭
Hey Hero!
I wanted to do a video montage of some of the best 1vX PvP players, and I am sure I have missed some…
Please reply with the name of the best 1vX'ers you know, so I can include them in the second video.
You can watch the first one here: youtu.be/0ZE6ajfRnQU

Kind regards
Lost Yogi
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    Those are some average fights and few people that self-proclaimed they are best players in world/EU...
    Edited by mistrija999 on June 19, 2018 9:09AM
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is old but my man Etaniel... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2vkJPH3Egc

Smurf Squads finest.
    Edited by Lamiai on June 19, 2018 9:44AM
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • NevoX
    NevoX
    ✭✭
    Those are some average fights and few people that self-proclaimed they are best players in world/EU...

So who is the real deal?
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are newer 1vX people that do sometimes insane things but since there are more known older players they do not get the exposure.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Thekingofwei
    Have you asked people to take their footage for personal use? Blobsky in your video isn't a 1vXer nor he claims to be one. He knows he is a good player but doesn't claim to be better than anyone.

On PS4 there are some really nice players like ElusiveShady and King of Games83, on PC Eu I think Hexys is his channel name and he is one of the top players in the game. And of course, MalcolM as a magsorc. The issue is that the really strong ones on there are known and not need videos for people to identify them. XD
    On Xbox NA there are some fantastic players that I personally know, but again, decide not to release videos. Just go check youtube, there are some amazing players out there. Just make sure to ask them first :p
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Lamiai on June 19, 2018 10:20AM
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i see is one experienced player with a cheese build, taking a fight against bunch of noobs, that know nothing about PvP.
    Also, lot of the fights wasn't no where near 1vX.

1vX takes really no skill, all you have to do is slot 5-7 heavy armor pieces with impenetrable trait, put some cp into block reduction, drink immovabele potions and find noobs to farm.

9/10 times 1vXer gets his ass kicked, that doesn't show on video.

When someone can 1vX group of skilled players with good PvP build, i will raise my hat and salute that player.

NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King of Gamez, MoS Creator, Despotic (one of my favorites because he's not afraid to show a loss) Kristofer, Dovetheangry, Kodi, and Purpale Slushii. Just a few I regularly watch.
    Not a 1vX'er myself, but I do appreciate the skill and talent it takes to do so.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ#

Edited by Mayrael on June 19, 2018 10:36AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you asked people to take their footage for personal use? Blobsky in your video isn't a 1vXer nor he claims to be one. He knows he is a good player but doesn't claim to be better than anyone.

On PS4 there are some really nice players like ElusiveShady and King of Games83, on PC Eu I think Hexys is his channel name and he is one of the top players in the game. And of course, MalcolM as a magsorc. The issue is that the really strong ones on there are known and not need videos for people to identify them. XD
    On Xbox NA there are some fantastic players that I personally know, but again, decide not to release videos. Just go check youtube, there are some amazing players out there. Just make sure to ask them first :p

I am definitely a 1vXer, it is almost all I do. There are loads of great players though, very hard to compare who is better than the other.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares?

Maybe you should put this in the PVP section for some interest?
  • NevoX
    NevoX
    ✭✭
    Have you asked people to take their footage for personal use?
    It's allowed by youtube in the fair usage agreement, if any of the players offended by me using a clip, i'll cut them out of cause, since it wasn't my intention to offend anyone. Blobsky has done a lot of 1vX to my knowledge, but is more focused on duelling builds now??
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    King of Gamez, MoS Creator, Despotic (one of my favorites because he's not afraid to show a loss) Kristofer, Dovetheangry, Kodi, and Purpale Slushii. Just a few I regularly watch.
    Not a 1vX'er myself, but I do appreciate the skill and talent it takes to do so.
    Thank you, only knew Kristofer, but his video quality leaves something to wish for, thats why he was not included in this video. But one hell of a player! :)
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    All i see is one experienced player with a cheese build, taking a fight against bunch of noobs, that know nothing about PvP.
    Also, lot of the fights wasn't no where near 1vX.
    You are right, a lot of those running around, but in my humble opinion not the players I showcased in this video. The Turtle at the end, might be. He was more or less put into it, to show that its not enough to survive :)
    Edited by NevoX on June 19, 2018 10:45AM
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    I am definitely a 1vXer, it is almost all I do. There are loads of great players though, very hard to compare who is better than the other.

In fairness man you were one of the first 1vX'ers on PC EU, you and Suki
  • NevoX
    NevoX
    ✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »

Elusive Shady is the first one in the video, and agreed he is a great player!
    I will check out King of Games 83 :)

Thank you for the input :)
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Always a bridesmaid, never the bride.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LMAO!!! That blob clip is emperor gameplay! :D

Outside of emperorship blobs has failed to deliver good 1vX footage. Correct me if I am wrong. His more recent clips feature either group play, crutching on siege for dmg or just tanking a couple enemy players.

No hate though, blobs is a good player. He's just not among the great 1vXers, maybe it's because of his builds, or his playstyle. The fact remains that he barely ever uploads his own footage and even then, it's not what I would call 1vXing.

He's a pretty decent Xv1er though. Really top tier material.
    https://youtu.be/raPKpOUihok

Edit: Fengrush was emp too. But Fengrush is the LORD, so I'd like to think without emperor he would have killed them even faster. ;)
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on June 19, 2018 1:12PM
  • mistrija999
    mistrija999
    ✭✭✭
    @Ectheliontnacil such a perfect example of "outnumbered" fight :smile:
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ectheliontnacil such a perfect example of "outnumbered" fight :smile:

Haha ikr! ;)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »

Most of Shady´s 1vX was possible due to abusing certain bugs with sets and CP.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any long term player can randomly have a moment where they blow up 5 to 15 PVErs caught in the wrong spot. I’ve done it quite a few times over the years. I’ve even had an occasional moment where everything works great and I blow up multiple good players.

Then again I’ve also been killed solo by people with 400 less CP than I have.

If you want to show me your skill go do something to contribute to your faction, don’t just run around rocks.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to show me your skill go do something to contribute to your faction, don’t just run around rocks.

Ah, the zergling mantra. Be sure to tell your blob how 'skilled' they are.

Edited by King_Thelon on June 19, 2018 1:50PM
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned Toxic Nebula, he has a you tube channel. Also DESPOTIC is good and King of Gamez as someone already mentioned
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    You guys should check out my Channel! I am representing Xbox NA :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXXPHuDxfnsx5j7gU00MIbA

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you show your uber leet skillz by doing what exactly?

Dueling doesn’t in any way coorelate to how good someone is at actually helping their team win in Cyrodiil.

BGs can be dominated simply by 4 players wearing headsets.

Ganking? Yup ... very skillful knocking people off horses or while they are repairing doors.

Running around rocks? Yup ... congrats, you’re great at equipping a bunch of defense and clapping your hands.

How many more assumptions should I make to counter your assumption?

Or, better yet, are you like the guy yesterday that I tried to help, got soul assaulted for my efforts, and then helped tea bag me along with the guy from the other team? Yup very skilled.

Here is what I know ... the game was designed around taking keeps. Play it however you want, but don’t for a second think you are good just because you have a YouTube video and know how to murder people who are only in PVP to get Vigor.

You might be the greatest player ever ... I have no idea ... just like you have no idea about what Cyrodiil PVP is actually supposed to be about ... capturing keeps.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think he plays anymore, but I was always very impressed with Baker of Cakes' 1vx footage. That guy has some very slick gameplay on his channel.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

Running around rocks isn't all there is to 1vXing. It's about knowing when to go offensive, which opponents to focus and drawing the enemy group out over uneven terrain.

I agree with you on duels though. As an openworld player you can have some fun at duelling spots, but sooner or later you will run into an uber cheese setup and you will not be able to win. On basically every class you can make major adjustments to make your build stronger in duels vs openworld. But if two similar setups fight eachother, I think it's still a pretty good indication of player skill.

As for BGs... it's all about your team. Not very competitive at all. And sloading is broken ofc.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dueling doesn’t in any way coorelate to how good someone is at actually helping their team win in Cyrodiil.

Ganking? Yup ... very skillful knocking people off horses or while they are repairing doors.

Running around rocks? Yup ... congrats, you’re great at equipping a bunch of defense and clapping your hands.

Or, better yet, are you like the guy yesterday that I tried to help, got soul assaulted for my efforts, and then helped tea bag me along with the guy from the other team? Yup very skilled.

Here is what I know ... the game was designed around taking keeps. Play it however you want, but don’t for a second think you are good just because you have a YouTube video and know how to murder people who are only in PVP to get Vigor.

You might be the greatest player ever ... I have no idea ... just like you have no idea about what Cyrodiil PVP is actually supposed to be about ... capturing keeps.

This would be well and true in a world with no night-capping PvDooring.
    But since victory in Cyrodiil is awarded to the faction that actually PvPs the least, might as well have fun running around rocks (delaying backup!) and slaughtering enemy players (shattering the enemy's morale!).

EDIT: typo.
    Edited by Arthg on June 19, 2018 3:38PM
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally fair responses and sorry for my tone. I’m just getting really irritated these days as almost everything in life devolves into “you enjoy something different than me so therefor you suck cause I say so”.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine still caring about keeps and the campaign in 2018...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure fair use only applies if you are making transformational changes to the content, as in commentating or criticizing it. So I kind of doubt that taking other people's 1vX footage to create your own 1vX moments montage falls under fair use.

To be safe, it may be best to ask for people's permission in the future.

That being said, I'm sad nobody wants to illegally steal my gameplay.