The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Now costs gold to Dye Gear and Costumes?

sbrite10b14_ESO
Seriously?Or am I missing something?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should only cost gold to Dye an outfit that you have chosen.

your base armor and any costumes should be free (this excludes weapons)
    with armor you need to select no outfit option and with the costumes you need to select the costume option in the outfit station.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not cost gold to dye your costume or equipped gear.

Pay careful attention to the outfit station.

Costume dyeng works exactly the way it always did, for ESO+ members.

Your equipped gear is on the No Outfit selection on the drop down menu. There will be no gold counter and no ability to dye your weapons. There is no gold cost.

Your Outfit 1 option (or whatever you have named it) will have a gold counter and the ability to dye your weapons. It will initially look identical to your equipped gear until you change it, making it easy to confuse it. Make sure,you look for the name in the drop-down menu, the gold counter and the weapon dyeing.
  • sbrite10b14_ESO
    Ok I see what your saying. Although I used to be able to convert gear to either Morag Tong or Imperial from my inventory directly and then go to a Dye station and change the colors. Now that is part of the Outfit Station and I have to pay to dye those. Thats lame although not game ending of course. It used to be a permanent conversion of thew gear now its just an outfit.Oh well I guess nothing to be done about it.

Thanks for the help though guys.