Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alliance Motifs question [RESOLVED..?]

swippy
swippy
✭✭✭✭✭
i hope this is an easy one and i'm just overlooking something.

i have a Daggerfall Covenant character who wants the Daggerfall Staves Motif Chapter. (it's pretty cool; there's a sculpture of a standing heraldic-style lion on the top.) i'm using just this character to look for it, so it's not like i took an EP to an AD spot or something.

at the Outfit Station, there's a brief description of where your selected style can be obtained. here's what mine says
DAGGERFALL STAFF

Learned from the Daggerfall Covenant Crafting Style, acquired by purchase from the Daggerfall camp in Imperial City, for Tel Var Stones.

so i went to my DC camp in IC and checked all the Tel Var merchants, and nobody seems to be selling Motifs. i found Armorers and a Jeweler and even a lady who sold the Lion Fangs, but there were no Motifs that i could find. is there maybe another place that might be called a DC camp in IC? or is the Outfit Station lying to me?

i know there are other ways to find Faction Motifs (or at least i heard there were, and past experience seems to support this). i got a few from Mayhem Boxes last year, and i think they have a chance to drop from Dolmens? but i'm kind of into the idea of going to the store and buying exactly what i want this time.

thanks in advance
Edited by swippy on June 19, 2018 8:40PM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance motifs are found in treasure chests within Cyrodiil (overworld, delves and IC). You can only get motifs the same as that character's alliance.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you could also get them from the vendor in vvardenfall as well?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Alliance motifs are found in treasure chests within Cyrodiil (overworld, delves and IC). You can only get motifs the same as that character's alliance.

i knew my list was incomplete; sorry i forgot to indicate that. i'm pretty sure dolmens fall under overworld chests, as i strongly recall getting my DC belts from the one at Bruma, and feeling thrilled.

if you meant to answer my question though, are you saying that the Outfit Station is lying to me? i'm just not sure if you meant to address my question about the vendor that the Outfit Station describes. i realize that many things have changed with the new update, and not everyone is sure about everything at the moment, including the best websites. i'm sure that you can't be claiming that the Motifs can only be acquired from the sources you listed, as i already provided an example that doesn't fall under your list (in the Midyear Mayhem rewards). i'm just trying to be rigorous enough to get a straight answer.
    Stridig wrote: »
    I thought you could also get them from the vendor in vvardenfall as well?

thanks! i assumed a vendor like that would be in Vivec City, so i'm over there now. there is a "Gladiator's Quarters" here in the southwest that seems to have all the same availability from vendors that i can find in any big city (such as Daggerfall, my home base). i never noticed these Battlegrounds vendors in my city before the Update, but with Battlegrounds being extended beyond the old `access to Vvardenfell` requirement, it makes sense that those guys would now appear in base-game regions.

so, i'm still not seeing it. no vendor i can find sells Alliance/Faction Motifs, even though the Outfit Station claims such a vendor exists. i still need help! thanks :)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daggerfall/Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart pact Motifs only drop in PVP Areas and can be found in Chests, ALL CHESTS
    so YES in a Dolmen chest in Cyrodiil you will find them as well as overland chests in Cyrodiil or Imperial City,

you can interpret that as the Outfit Station Lying to you!
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

so, i'm still not seeing it. no vendor i can find sells Alliance/Faction Motifs, even though the Outfit Station claims such a vendor exists. i still need help! thanks :)

The Battlegrounds special merchant only sells Militant Ordinator motifs ... and not Alliance motifs.

That said, Alliance motifs are plentiful in the guild stores if you’re willing to go that route.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    The daggerfall/Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart pact Motifs only drop in PVP Areas and can be found in Chests, ALL CHESTS
    so YES in a Dolmen chest in Cyrodiil you will find them as well as overland chests in Cyrodiil or Imperial City,

you can interpret that as the Outfit Station Lying to you!

then i shall! :)

alright, thanks folks. maybe whoever typed that up confused it with something else.

...looking more widely, it appears nearly all of the Alliance Styles have this "mistake" in them, with changes in the text to specify the Alliance name. should we speculate that a change might be coming soon? it seems like a lot of work and intent for a simple mistake. or, if we don't think it's intended, does anybody know the appropriate person to summon with an @tag in order for a fixer to take a look at this? it's not quite a "bug".

so, got my hopes up and wasted my time, but oh well. thanks for the guild trader suggestion. i was just shopping the other day and noticed Alliance Motifs seem pretty solid around 10k on my server. i'm no hustler so that's about a day's accumulation of gold for me, and i'm cheap. plus my DC dude is in Cyrodiil a lot, so i guess i'm just gonna hold out for the drop. probably one night when the map's too blue i'll dig some treasure maps out from wherever i put them.

i'll see if i can edit the title of this with a spooky-style resolved tag. thanks again, good people!