The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class/Build with the least need for animation canceling?

Jorotarr
Jorotarr
✭✭
What is a good build that requires the least need for animation canceling? I'm awful at it, which is one reason I left, but wanted to come back for Summerset. It's been a little over a year. Thanks!
  • AngryUSAman
    I'd say healing has the least need for animation cancelling so you may want to check into playing one. As far as builds go, Alcasthq.com has some really good builds for all types of characters.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All DPS roles will require some form of animation cancelling, mostly the light attack weave cancelling.

Nightblade (Magicka mainly) is one to very much avoid because a lot of DPS and their sustain is entirely based around weaving light attacks.

There are some sorcerer heavy attacks builds which @Feanor was linking in an animation cancelling thread which might be more friendly for you. Otherwise as others have said try a role like healer which is a little less animation cancel intensive.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tanking, healing.

If you really want to DPS make a Sorc or DK heavy attack build. Or learn to animation cancel, give yourself a goal.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorc lazy mode is the easiest,
    I get between 20 and 30k dps with NO animation cancelling,

Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWakKz-v2E&t=232s
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options