The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Draugr Hulk/Bone Pirate stamina set for pvp

N4rwal
N4rwal
so im a north nightblade dual wield/bow who wanna build full for pvp.
people (in game) told me that bone pirate is bugged and doesnt heal so i should use draugr hulk for my build. which one is better?
what are the best one handed weapon with each set i shoudl use? and rings (with new traits too)?

Best Answers

• ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and u should use the new summerset gold food, but that is currently bugged as hell.
    Answer ✓
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @N4rwal you said you wanted to go dw so I guess you will use the twin slashes bleed. Or maybe you ignore bleeds, but I find this info to still be relevant.

you should know that bleeds ignore resistances.

And you also wrote you decided for Mace and sword.
    1 Mace will give you 10% penetration of what the defender have for resistances.
    1 sword will give you 2.5% more dmg.
    1 axe will give 8% for a bleed dot to occur.

660 resistance = 1% mitigation, so you will need to fight a target with roughly 19.8k res for your Mace to remove 3% mitigation to outweigh your sword.

Your overall player will def not have more than 18k resistance before debuff. And you might find a way to get major fracture, which will give the enemy roughly 13k res from 18k. Which with 1 Mace removes 1% mitigation.

You remove 1300 from his resistances with 1 Mace.
    And you need to remove 1320 to remove 2% mitigation.

Sword+sword/axe would be what I would use
    Or axe+axe.

It is not big numbers and will not make or break anything, but just wanted to put it out there if you feel you want to go a bit further with the build.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Answer ✓
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed the bone pirate where it would not add to your dps. Not sure about heals. If u want heats i would go briarheart
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trollking, master axes, masterbow, agility, bonepirate.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    instead of mastersbow and agility u can run shadow Walker on bow and jewelry also
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think that set up is good for nightblade, it is good for Stamplar because of power of the light.
  • N4rwal
    N4rwal
    is there a set like Spriggan's Thorns(2h) but for dual wield?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    N4rwal wrote: »
    is there a set like Spriggan's Thorns(2h) but for dual wield?

You can get dual wield in the spriggans set.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 19, 2018 8:47AM
  • N4rwal
    N4rwal
    yeah just found out :blush:
    just to clarify i should get 5 item bonus with 3 jewlery and 2 one handed weapon (mace and sword), right?

So this is what i came up with ur guys feedback (notice i dont have eso+ and no dlc buyed expect for summerset/morrowind).
    More feedback how to imporve it?

Bone Pirate´s Tatters
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Max Stamina is increased by 2000 and Stamina Recovery by 150.
    Blood Spawn
    (1 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery (helm)
    (2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to generate 14 Ultimate and increase your Physical and Spell Resistance by 6450 for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. (shoulders)
    Spriggan's Thorns
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina (rings)
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina (necklace)
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage (sword)
    (5 items) Adds 3450 Physical Penetration (mace)
    The Master's Bow
    (1 item) Increases your Weapon Damage by 301 against targets affected by your Poison Arrow. (bow)
    Edited by N4rwal on June 19, 2018 7:25PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @N4rwal
    Hi. Your set setup is good if you are using spriggan and not spinner :) I use the same on stamblade but with hundings rage front. If you have this gear setup(spriggan) I would go and try it out it will do good.

I like hunding because of the added crit chance and weapon dmg it give before spriggans penetration and stam. Penetration is bad against magicka shields and does not give bonus to healing done, Weapon damage and max stamina and crit does. So you will deal good dmg to some and not have the best heals. You also have major brutality which will boost your max weapon dmg further, the master bow and maybe berserker glyph?..etc. Nightblades also have an affinity for crits with the passives.

I use 2hand instead of dw though.

Build with bone pirate: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=69271

Build with shacklebreaker: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=66847

Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the gear I'd probably go:

Bloodspawn: medium head/ shoulders
    Truth: chest/ legs, 2h weapons, 1 jewelry
    Bonepirate: arms, waist, feet, 2 jewelry
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

This is my favorite cp set up. I use tk over blood spawn tho.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spinner's Garment

This should be Spriggan's Thorns.
  • N4rwal
    N4rwal
    yeah my bad guys. misspelled Spriggan's Thorns.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify i should get 5 item bonus with 3 jewlery and 2 one handed weapon (mace and sword), right?

So this is what i came up with ur guys feedback (notice i dont have eso+ and no dlc buyed expect for summerset/morrowind).

Bone Pirate´s Tatters
    (5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Max Stamina is increased by 2000 and Stamina Recovery by 150.
    Blood Spawn
    (2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to generate 14 Ultimate and increase your Physical and Spell Resistance by 6450 for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. (shoulders)
    Spriggan's Thorns
    The Master's Bow
    (1 item) Increases your Weapon Damage by 301 against targets affected by your Poison Arrow. (bow)

Except you didn’t come up with that, Alcast has had that exact build on his site since before Summerset dropped.

Bone Pirate doesn’t heal, not sure what that’s about. Yes, the extra stam DOES increase tool tip damage (you can check it yourself before using your drink and after, you’ll notice the values raise). Hulking with Bone Pirate is great for sustain, but you’ll want some damage in there to actually drop enemies. 2H generally outperforms 1H’s for Stamblades PvP, so you can either do two 5 piece and a monster set (I also vote Troll King. It synergizes so well with Vigor + Cloak). Spriggans is good for damage, though won’t do much against shield stacking. Sloads is a popular crafted choice as the Oblivion damage will go through shields and resistances. Some people say it’s cheesy, but A. It’s effective, and B. Everyone’s has access to it, so it’s an equal playing field.

If running Asylum 2Hander, go agility jewels. But with 2H 2-piece changes, that setup has lost a lot of popularity in PvP as the extra 5 set bonus will usually always outperform the add’tl Ulti gen (since Incap is dodgeable now).
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • N4rwal
    N4rwal

Bone Pirate´s Tatters
    Blood Spawn
    Spriggan's Thorns
    The Master's Bow

Except you didn’t come up with that, Alcast has had that exact build on his site since before Summerset dropped.

Bone Pirate doesn’t heal, not sure what that’s about. Yes, the extra stam DOES increase tool tip damage (you can check it yourself before using your drink and after, you’ll notice the values raise). Hulking with Bone Pirate is great for sustain, but you’ll want some damage in there to actually drop enemies. 2H generally outperforms 1H’s for Stamblades PvP, so you can either do two 5 piece and a monster set (I also vote Troll King. It synergizes so well with Vigor + Cloak). Spriggans is good for damage, though won’t do much against shield stacking. Sloads is a popular crafted choice as the Oblivion damage will go through shields and resistances. Some people say it’s cheesy, but A. It’s effective, and B. Everyone’s has access to it, so it’s an equal playing field.

If running Asylum 2Hander, go agility jewels. But with 2H 2-piece changes, that setup has lost a lot of popularity in PvP as the extra 5 set bonus will usually always outperform the add’tl Ulti gen (since Incap is dodgeable now).

okay, thanks for the advices.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have fixed the Bone Pirate bug where the max stamina wasn't effecting your healing skills. This was fixed with Summerset.

I prefer Bone Pirate as when paired with the Dubious drink you get lots of sustain.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very good setup
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mastersbow backbar.

A variant on this is to go with entraping posions on frontbar and selenes monsterset.
  • IiIHusHIiI
    what if i cant get the master bow ? should i go DW with bleed i think bleed is op in pvp
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭

open world^

but bp+hundings is really basic and you can tweak it around with glyphs and boons to do basically whatever you want. Also dont feel like you HAVE to run a monster mask. They help but im running 2 stam recovery instead and my recovery is just as high as my weapon damage. makes it a looot easier outnumbered. NB has a lot of base damage so as long as you apply pressure and when theyre under75% hp LA+incap+LA+mericiless reslove+surprise attack

Since we have meditate im debating taking off bone pirate and running kvatch gladiotor idk though
  • N4rwal
    N4rwal
    @Yakidafi yeah im fully going dual wield as primary equipment.
    didnt know anything about what u just mentioned about axe, mace and swords "buffs". so its really insightfull. thanks for the advice i will for sure go sword+axe or axe+axe.

• SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Yakidafi yeah im fully going dual wield as primary equipment.
    didnt know anything about what u just mentioned about axe, mace and swords "buffs". so its really insightfull. thanks for the advice i will for sure go sword+axe or axe+axe.

Remember with dual wield, the only really viable PvP skill there is Rending Slash. What you lose on 2H is the Rally ability, which is a god send for Nightblades. Gives you Major Brutality (20% increased weapon damage), a good heal over time, and a burst heal at the end. This means you have healing coming in continuously, so if you use something like Troll King, it’ll proc the second you hit 50% health. Also, casting Rally doesn’t break stealth, but casting Vigor does. And if you are in trouble, cloaking while Rally is healing you gets you back in the quickly.

Just my two cents, but you can very easily run a Truth set or a crafted set like Hundings 2Hander (which counts as two set-pieces now).

Your backbar is just buffs (shuffle, Leeching, Poison Inject, flex spots), which is why the Masters Bow fits so well. It’s not game breaking though; you can run a Hundings crafted bow or the like and do perfectly fine.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)