The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Briarheart + Mechanical Acuity

Tholian1
Tholian1
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been running both of these sets (set bonus achieved for both on both bars) with a Kena helm for extra weapon damage for awhile. Since I am not great about the theory crafting, I was curious what others thought about this combo for solo PvE? I seem to do okay with it.
PS4 Pro NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    I have been running both of these sets (set bonus achieved for both on both bars) with a Kena helm for extra weapon damage for awhile. Since I am not great about the theory crafting, I was curious what others thought about this combo for solo PvE? I seem to do okay with it.

You can pretty much run whatever you want for solo PvE ... except in end game.

If that’s the gear you have the most fun with don’t fix what isn’t broke.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are better combinations, but as long as stuff dies before you do then I wouldn't worry about it. You should at least get a velidreth shoulder to go with it for the extra dmg since you can run 5+5+2 with any weapon now.

Playing since beta...
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The brairheart set comes with a lot of crit but with mechanical acuity you want to avoid using sets with crit since you have 100% crit and instead focus on weapon damage.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    The brairheart set comes with a lot of crit but with mechanical acuity you want to avoid using sets with crit since you have 100% crit and instead focus on weapon damage.

So would Hunding’s be a better set to use with Briarheart?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes! =)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo PvE go with hundings over MA, the extra weapon damage will boost your healing & it's still craftable.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

Yes! =)

Hundings has the same crit as briarheart
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    kikkehs wrote: »

Yes! =)

Hundings has the same crit as briarheart

Right, but it doesn’t have the 100 percent crit that Mech Acuity gives. Would the combined crit from Hunding’s and Briarheart still be too much?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, but it doesn’t have the 100 percent crit that Mech Acuity gives. Would the combined crit from Hunding’s and Briarheart still be too much?

Given the type of content you’re doing, @Tholian1, my prior answer still applies - you can pretty much run whatever you want.

I encourage you to try Briarheart + Hunding’s.

More crit never hurts. But, depending on your playstyle, you may find yourself running out of resources a lot faster (including stamina). I think you can get around that issue with a good Stam regen drink ... such as Camoran Throne or the new Summerset food.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A set that seems like it will work well with Mechanical Acuity is Spriggans which doesn't have crit bonus.
    Then you use the warrior mundus stone.

Okay so there are a lot of fun things you can do with partial sets and no monster set (since they don't crit)

e.g Mechanical Acuity + Agility + 4pc Morag Tong.

If.. you are a Stamblade or a Stamplar and have morrowind

Mechanical Acuity + War Machine + Kena + Velidreth looks good to me.

Acuity triggers you smash your ulti and BAMN your damage is massively amplified... but of course this is much better in a group where you also give this to your allies.
    Edited by Narvuntien on June 21, 2018 11:31AM