The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Honest Opinion please

MadHatterMike
MadHatterMike
✭✭
So I want to start a new character as a Warden, but want the players opinions on the class- Pros and Cons please. To include what faction and race lines would be best served for this class. Please bear in mind that I have had a 2 year absence from the game .
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    So I want to start a new character as a Warden, but want the players opinions on the class- Pros and Cons please. To include what faction and race lines would be best served for this class. Please bear in mind that I have had a 2 year absence from the game .

Nice.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I’ve never used a warden but it’s the same thing for every class. Read the skills online that you expect to use the most, determine if they are casted by either magic or stamina, put all your resources into one or the other (unless you’re a tank and want to go health, but still, same logic applies) and then make sure to pick a race that makes these choices work best.

This part has not changed in years.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This for PVP or PVE.

In PVP, warden is pretty strong. You need to decide whether you want to go magic or stamina, which really comes down to playstyle. Before I go into too much, most people will want you to narrow your focus a bit. The big pro to warden is that they have an insane amount of major/minor buffs. They also have above average mitigation and heals, and good burst to finish opponents. They also have more stamina morphs than most classes. Stam Warden is one of the strongest openworld specs IMO.

For PVE, the big downside is that neither make a great DPS class. The numbers they can pull are higher than the forums would have you believe, but the rotation is a little wonky if you ask me. They make very good healers and tanks. Are the better than Templars or DKs for those respective roles? Depends on whom you ask.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ @Oreyn_Bearclaw is pretty spot on.

I run a Warden Healer and Warden Defile Tank in PvP and they both do fine.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't actually matter on alliance anymore unless in PvP.

Argonions, Breton, high elves are popular healing races.

* They aren't offensive as other classes so numbers are bit lower but a lot of buffs.

Also invite you to join. Warden's discord

https://discord.gg/2CDZaqQ
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pros they have access to like every minor or major buff, they're very tanky, good self heals, and can deal decent damage. Cons their bear ult takes two slots, you have to juggle like 4 skills for buffs as they typically last 10 seconds each which saps way any enjoyment you may have playing them, and the class feels generic.

Of course if the buff spamming and juggling doesn't bother you, you may find a way to enjoy them.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Bear in mind' pun intended? Nice.

I think stamina warden is very fun to play in a variety of roles. Solo pve its quick, good damage, good resource management and survivability.
    Stamina pvp very bursty amd tough with good resource management and heals/buffs. Tank is solid with the addition of gear alone. To your pvp setup.

The same can be said for magicka build to be honest. With the addition of a healer.

I would say if you prefer melee combat go stamina redguard and you are able to fill all roles except healer. If you prefer ranged/staff then go magicka high elf and you will be able to fullfill all roles so plenty of variety.

Just dont expect bis in any role. Thats the catch