Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Unobtainable Quest Bug

spurx
spurx
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I have found that on one of my characters the quest "Banish the Banished" within the dungeon "The Banished Cells I" is unavailable to me. The quest giver at the start of the entrance does not have the quest for me. I do not have the quest in my journal, and I'm sure I have not completed the quest in the past. I have attempted to obtain the quest solo and also in multiple groups. I have tried to relog, restart, and use /reloadui and have not had any luck.

I have a support ticket open, but was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something like this, and if there are any other solutions I can try to resolve the issue.

Thanks!
  • spurx
    spurx
    Soul Shriven
    The issue is still unresolved currently.

Based on some more experimenting, it seems like the game thinks I am on the quest but I am not.

Is there any way to abandon a quest that is not in your quest log?

I've also had a support ticket open for almost a week now with no luck.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC, you can use the Skill Point Finder addon to check and see if you've obtained the skill point from that quest. It may count it if the game thinks you have already done it. So you'll need to count up your total earned skill points and compare that to what the addon indicates.

It may be possible that you ran the dungeon once and another group member shared the quest and you accepted it without realizing that it was the quest for that dungeon.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, there is no quest achievment for that place.

However, if you go in there and there is an NPC being harrassed by 3 Scamps, then you have not done the quest. Note, do this check solo as anyone in the party missing the quest will spawn the scamps
    Edited by Nestor on June 25, 2018 7:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• spurx
    spurx
    Soul Shriven
    If you are on PC, you can use the Skill Point Finder addon to check and see if you've obtained the skill point from that quest. It may count it if the game thinks you have already done it. So you'll need to count up your total earned skill points and compare that to what the addon indicates.

It may be possible that you ran the dungeon once and another group member shared the quest and you accepted it without realizing that it was the quest for that dungeon.

I am on PS4 so addons are not an option unfortunately. I know I did not complete the quest in the past, because the run in which the quest bugged out is also the run where I got the achievement for completing the dungeon for the first time.

Following this, I went in solo and the quest was not available. I then joined another group for it, and requested that my group members share the quest with me, they said they did, but I did not receive a notification.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ok, there is no quest achievment for that place.

However, if you go in there and there is an NPC being harrassed by 3 Scamps, then you have not done the quest. Note, do this check solo as anyone in the party missing the quest will spawn the scamps

Indeed, the NPC is there being harassed by the scamps every time I enter whether I'm solo or in a group. I clear the scamps, and he does not offer me a quest. Although his dialogue seems to indicate that I am on the quest, it is not in my journal. I've checked many times.