The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

purchasable npc's...as furnishing.

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that sound weird. but hear me out. I was standing on my Alinor terrace when I thought, hmm, sure would be nice to have someone here playing the lute and singing. And maybe have some people dancing and laughing to make this place feel lively.

And then I thought, oh would be nice to have one of those cooks too. and maybe some people cavorting in the dining hall.

So yeah, I think it would be really cool if we could buy just generic looking npc's to have in our homes that would operate the way they do in npc homes or in public buildings. That would be really cool imo.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even more cool would be to be able to get as guests your friends in the long quest chains - that bosmer girl from orkish land, for example.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I need my own Mannimarco and Vanus Galerion npcs ...for reasons.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have an npc Bard, Cook, Smith milling about.

Also, would be fun to have a game mode where you could set your character on autopilot in the home and watch them go about their day ala Sims
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on June 17, 2018 7:01PM
  • Kream
    Kream
    It'd be a great way to populate some of these larger Classic and Notable homes with the large plots. Interiors and exteriors. Using beds, cooking, sweeping etc.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I think there is one you can get, this slave or something, from the Housing editor purchase tab, but he does nothing and is essentially a brain dead idiot, it'd be great to have musicians and performers, especially some masked people like from the House of Reveries, that'd be awesome
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    That would be so cool!
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    I need my own Mannimarco and Vanus Galerion npcs ...for reasons.

ERP?
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Especially notable homes. My place just feels like a large coffin. Even when people visit is still feels empty. Everyone I know has been asking for more housing npcs since housing was added. Changeable weather and ambient music would also be a massive improvement. Imagine how unique and immersive houses could be with just those 3 simple features.

#MakeHousingGreatAgain
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely love this and would buy a bard and cook in a heartbeat. I'd also love it if we could put costumes on them, including the banker and merchant. If you're going to make me have dozens of unwanted costumes in my collection from Crown Crates, at least let me apply them to my NPCs if I want!
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9