The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why some stamina wardens are so tanky ?

leb91han
leb91han
✭✭✭
Hello i just wanted to ask. I dont know much about the new class (new to me coz i left eso a long time ago and came back recently). In cyrodiil i find many stamina wardens very very very tanky most are in the range of 27-30 k health and they take minimal damage. I just wanted an opinion about the kind of sets they use. They are very tanky and have decent damage. If i play on my mag sorc for example i literally hit them with 2-3k frags and 2-3k curses (when they dont have shimmering shield). Without blocking or using shimer shield they take this low damage. how ? I fight tanky players like stam dk they take like 4k frags and curses which is decent . How stamdens take so much low dmg ? I even tried today to hit one with dawnbreaker on my stam sorc i got 3.7k crit lol it is ridiculous if his health is 30k . same on my nb tried incap very low dmg . I just wanna know Why ? Do they have special tanky class passives ? Or is it sets ? Or race ? ..... thank you .

Best Answers

• Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have 8% minor protection built in their kit. Its massive. Also heavy armor
    Answer ✓
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title says "Why *some stamina wardens so tanky?"

Some being the key word. He isn't asking why are Stamwardens tanky, but rather, why are these particular stamdens standing out above the rest?

My guess, these specific wardens are using a set like Sloads with Zaan or Skoria so they can forgo damage and invest in health. With artic wind and gripping shards and that PvP set that deals health based damage they can easily survive and still kill.

That is why I think healthden over stamden is what OP is experiencing.
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 17, 2018 7:49PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Answer ✓
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭

Some being the key word. He isn't asking why are Stamwardens tanky, but rather, why are these particular stamdens standing out above the rest?

My guess, these specific wardens are using a set like Sloads with Zaan or Skoria so they can forgo damage and invest in health. With artic wind and gripping shards and that PvP set that deals health based damage they can easily survive and still kill.

Nah. Put a stamden in Fury and Impreg, all Hakeijos. Close to 30k HP if not at 30k and plenty of damage.
    Answer ✓
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impreg or another mitigation set
    Answer ✓
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen just is completely OP....
    On my NonVet StamDen im using heavy Shacklebreaker and 7th Legion.
    I get to 5.5k WD (buffed) and can still Tank 3-4 decent players and up to 8+ "Noobs".
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Answer ✓
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best tanky passives in the game. A lot of HoTs, healing amps, and a burst heal too. If you are ranged, they have a super cheap absorb too.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More akin to a healthden than to a Stamden I'm gonna guess
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »

Nah. Put a stamden in Fury and Impreg, all Hakeijos. Close to 30k HP if not at 30k and plenty of damage.

True, for CP. Ugh Cyrodiil imo
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen just is completely overpowered.
    Im using heavy Shacklebreaker and Seventh Legion. With this Setup I get to 5.5k WD (buffed), 1.5k Stam regen (unbuffed) 30k+ Stam 25k+ HP and about 25k resistances (buffed) on NonVet (no CP).
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main