The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Crafing changes NEED to be made

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This grain system is terrible for jc, its been weeks since summerset launched and an passively farming jc nodes with other mats ive gotten a total of 4 green grains, 4 green plates, 6 blue grains, 1 blue plate and 1 purple plate in that time. I go out farming and can come back with 200 of the other raw mats and have 35 of the raw jc mats.

The grain system needs to be removed and the jc seams need to be increased

Also Culanda Lacquer needs to drop more, up the drop rate from the quests, make it farmable from summerset nodes, idc but its ridiculously low for peoples demands of alinor furniture. Players are trading temps and wax for it. Ive got 31 furniture plans and ive crafted 1 for a friend so far
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are preaching to the choir though using passively farming matts is probably not the most convincing argument.

The issue is what we want and what Zos wants for JC are very different. Zos has stated they want jewelry crafting, or at least the upgrading of jewelry to be more meaningful than the rest of crafting.

With that we essentially have a trait change system for most of us.

BTW, there are already plenty of threads on this subject and nothing unique is being discussed here. I suggest finding one of the other threads via google and add your thoughts to those.
    Edited by idk on June 16, 2018 5:32PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    You are preaching to the choir though using passively farming matts is probably not the most convincing argument.

The issue is what we want and what Zos wants for JC are very different. Zos has stated they want jewelry crafting, or at least the upgrading of jewelry to be more meaningful than the rest of crafting.

With that we essentially have a trait change system for most of us.

BTW, there are already plenty of threads on this subject and nothing unique is being discussed here. I suggest finding one of the other threads via google and add your thoughts to those.

"passively farming" might have been the wrong phrase. I meant I go out, farm and pick up everything I see for a couple hrs almost every day and thats all the upgrade mats Ive received for jc
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBQH the only way to farm those mats effectively is really by De-conning in mass. dolmens albeit boring are really the only way to effective farm materials. ZOS wants JC to stupid and boring no problem. im just gonna sit at dolmens getting my jewelry,
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pick up everything I find from nodes wherever I go. About 2 hours each day Inat is dedicated just for gathering mats. Have not found a single colored material item :(
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see the point of the grains, if the goal is to make JC feel more "rewarding" than others, they failed (at least for me).

It's just frustrating and annoying, especially considering JC is new so a lot of people want to experiment with builds, but they can't because it's way too costly/time consuming.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs too much it doesn't worth it. Neither crafting nor upgrading.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ragebull wrote: »
    I just don't see the point of the grains, if the goal is to make JC feel more "rewarding" than others, they failed (at least for me).

It's just frustrating and annoying, especially considering JC is new so a lot of people want to experiment with builds, but they can't because it's way too costly/time consuming.

It's definitely not rewarding in the slightest, and I haven't even gotten to the point where I can think about improving rings and necklaces yet. It's pointless and in the long run doesn't make a difference because people will have their gold jewelry anyways. This grain nonsense is just a false bottleneck on progress that doesn't need to exist, especially since it doesn't for other crafts, and I don't see why JC has to be the special snowflake of the group.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!