Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crate Store tool

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone, how goes it?!!!

So, a few months ago I was in communication with a few people at ZoS and they were explaining to me that they are in the midst of making some kind of tool for us that would allow us to purchase past mounts and or items found in the crown crate sections.

For example I missed out on getting the Wildhunt Senche . I love cats and I was trying to collect them all, from pets to mounts. Soup to nuts.

In anycase I had missed out and sent in a support ticket to see if I can just buy one directly from ZoS. I was hoping to just make a payment and have them activate the mount to my account. However,

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""
The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 02/23/2018 02:58 PM
Greetings,

We had finished a "rough draft" of the tool I mentioned before.

Thanks,
""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Yes sorry my apologies it took me a while to find this email, it's also in the website for support tickets but I forgot its ticket number. (As if I remembered it to begin with) Well that said, did ZoS ever finish this tool or have they posted any news about it's integration soon. For me, it's kind of like a role play thing. Like I said I like the EsO cats and I'm becoming a collector or sorts and I think it would be nice to finally get the senche I'm missing. All in all I could just respond to the support ticket sure, but I think if they haven't already, "they being zos", I think this new tool should be openly discussed so we can ask questions and provide feedback.

Thank you, everyone :)
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously doubt they will ever allow crown crate apex rewards to be bought outright, whether its currently in season or not. The whole point of the crown crate exclusive content is to get people to buy the crates.

You can gift current crown store items to others now, as long as you have the crowns in your account.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but you say that like you agree with people that's been brain washed into thinking that's that and , it is what it is. If ZoS didn't want legit feedback for changes they wouldn't have made that sticky thread. However if there's really been no talk, I'm gonna go respond to my ticket directly to see if I can learn more. Other that that, I suggest that more people should ask for this kind of tool instead of saying things like , well what you just said. I would think 7 million people now playing eso online, then Zenimax can afford us some pleasures of getting apex award stuff with different means of commerce.
    Edited by chaz on June 18, 2018 5:50PM
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably just bring the crates back again like they did before, but allow the mounts to be purchasable with gems. We've already seen this happen, so problem solved. Just patiently wait a month or few.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Yeah, but you say that like you agree with people that's been brain washed into thinking that's that and , it is what it is. If ZoS didn't want legit feedback for changes they wouldn't have made that sticky thread. However if there's really been no talk, I'm gonna go respond to my ticket directly to see if I can learn more. Other that that, I suggest that more people should ask for this kind of tool instead of saying things like , well what you just said. I would think 7 million people now playing eso online, then Zenimax can afford us some pleasures of getting apex award stuff with different means of commerce.

I am going to pull numbers from thin air for example purposes. [EDIT for clarity; the selling price for the apex is from thin air. I looked at the current Crown Store/game store for the crown package prices. Those are not made up prices.]

They allow one of the apex rewards to be bought outright for 10k crowns. That means they get the cost of the 10k crowns in RL money from the buyer. Done and dusted.

They bring the apex rewards back in the crates again. If someone wants one of the rewards, they have to buy crowns to buy crates to have the chance to maybe get the reward. Currently 15 crates cost 5k. A pack of 5500 crowns is $39.99. During the last few crate seasons, people figured out that, if the rng gremlins smiled on you, you could get enough gems from duplicate items and trade-back consumables to buy your choice of apex reward in about $100.00 worth of crowns.

If you didn't have items to get gems from duplicates, it could cost more.

If the reward you want is one of the radiant apex rewards that can't be bought with gems, plan on spending a LOT more. There are threads from people who bought more than a thousand dollars worth of crowns to buy crates, and didn't get the radiant apex reward they wanted. They have literally thousands of gems, but still can't buy the radiant apex rewards.

Of the two types of transactions; buy it outright even if the price is ridiculous, or keep it in the rng crates, which one gets the company more money? Hint; it isn't the buy it outright option. They have absolutely no reason to do it.
    Edited by JKorr on June 22, 2018 2:18PM
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    I would think 7 million people now playing eso online

lol, you're funny
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, food for thought ;-)

• xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna say they did this already where you could purchase wild hunt crates for a chance to win whatever you want but you couldn't use your crown gems to get any of the rewards so you are truly relying on RNG to get what you want. It makes sense that they would do it like this because if you truely wanted a past season reward that you missed out on, Zos is going to see how badly you want it or just how much your willing to spend for it. It's an opportunity for the devs to make top dollar on these collectables that players want and missed out on. The devs are already to devoted to keep rolling out new seasons, as we all know they already have the next few seasons already created. For them to waste time on rereleasing a past season would be pointless as a majority of the playerbase has already gotten the chance to get what they wanted out of that season. For instance with myself included as I already have the wild hunt wolf and that's all I wanted from that season, so I would have no desire to purchase any of those crates as apose to releasing new crates with new content I would purchase those to get whatever it was I wanted from it. I could see them continuing to bring back wild hunt crates (along with other seasons)) from time to time but like I said your going to have to be willing to pay allot to get what you want or be really lucky with RNG.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm all set though, I'll wait and watch for deals as they come in.

If they come out with a tool to make shopping better it probably will be when it's least expected.
    Edited by chaz on July 1, 2018 5:22PM