The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will Tel Galen be available again?

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Just finished the Morrowind Main quest and going around the other areas, and had another look at Tel Galen. So it's been around a year since Morrowind released, and Tel Galen is still not available to purchase? Is it ever going to be available again? I think it's incredibly frustrating and immoral to have it right there, able to be previewed, but not purchasable...
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    no body knows but the nose knows!
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    Propably not soon, as none of all the limited time houses got sold again yet
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Propably not soon, as none of all the limited time houses got sold again yet

what limited time houses? Such a stupid idea though, they're not making any money on Tel Galen because people can't buy it. I've seen people legitimately complaining they can't get it, and new players starting are going to be wondering wtf, so there's no reason for it to be just previewable but not purchasable. I swear this marketing crew or whoever is responsible has no clue.

• adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen people legitimately complaining they can't get it, and new players starting are going to be wondering wtf, so there's no reason for it to be just previewable but not purchasable. I swear this marketing crew or whoever is responsible has no clue.

The marketing crew think they will make more money from people who rush to buy during a limited period due to FOMO (fear of missing out) or the desire to have something "exclusive" with which they can lord it over the rest of us.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen people legitimately complaining they can't get it, and new players starting are going to be wondering wtf, so there's no reason for it to be just previewable but not purchasable. I swear this marketing crew or whoever is responsible has no clue.

The marketing crew think they will make more money from people who rush to buy during a limited period due to FOMO (fear of missing out) or the desire to have something "exclusive" with which they can lord it over the rest of us.

Which is what I feel is their complete failure now. I've seen so many people actually state they refuse to buy these limited time items (eg the Nightmare Manelord currently) purely because of the limited time offer, so even though they probably do suck some people in due to fomo, the whole strategy actually works against them, because even many people who could buy it during the limited window, are now refusing to due to the immorality of doing that.

Ha, also there is the fact that their strategy fails both on short term and long term, because if Tel Galen was in the store now, people could, and would, buy it. But because it's not, they're losing out. So this whole fomo strategy is a complete and utter failure, which is probably making players more pissed off than winning any loyalty...

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to purchase Tel Galen and hoped it'd be back this year. Never even remotely had the opportunity to get it because I didn't even play eso back when it was available, so I wholeheartedly agree that the whole limited time releases crap is just a really stupid idea to put it simply. They're losing out so much by doing all these super short "ooh look buy it before it's permanently gone" things trying to push people into spending money because they know they'll never get another chance. Whether people don't have access to the game at that time, they don't have the money to spend during those couple days, or they simply hate the whole scarcity tactic, they're losing the business of those people that would otherwise love to buy these homes/mounts/what have you. It's also pretty unfair to newer players to find and preview these homes in game, only to learn they can never have it because of zos and it's dumb idea of what'll get them more money. These things are right there zos just put em back in the store and people will buy them, trust me you're not getting anywhere with the limited time scarcity bull.
  • thirdgirl
    thirdgirl
    ✭✭
    I would really, really like to have Tel Galen too--I say this on every thread in which the subject comes up, so I'm saying it again, like a broken record, just in case it gets seen. Please bring Tel Galen back. I couldn't buy it last year because I wasn't playing then, and I would really like to have it. I'm not the only one either. I was really hoping it would come back on its anniversary, but that wasn't the case, which was a bit disappointing to be honest.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bringing things back for people who weren't even paying at the time is definitely a jerk move...
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    The strategy is that they can justify charging more for these houses bc they are limited time. I agree that some of them are really awesome though. I bought Grand Linchal Manor when it came out knowing full well that it was overpriced. I don't do it to laude over people though. I have crafting benches and npc merchants in there and anyone who is friends with me or in any guild I am in can go in and use it any time even if I'm not logged in.

Every now and then when I get bored I play around with the housing editor a little but the whole system is really a cash grab.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    thirdgirl wrote: »
    I would really, really like to have Tel Galen too--I say this on every thread in which the subject comes up, so I'm saying it again, like a broken record, just in case it gets seen. Please bring Tel Galen back. I couldn't buy it last year because I wasn't playing then, and I would really like to have it. I'm not the only one either. I was really hoping it would come back on its anniversary, but that wasn't the case, which was a bit disappointing to be honest.

Well apparently that Gina person does see everything, according to a Twitter post that I saw posted recently, but they barely respond to anything at all. So hopefully with people constantly asking for the return of limited time houses such as Tel Galen, they will see reason and return it. I wouldn't even mind if it was on a rotating roster, so if it was only available for a week or so, but guaranteed to be available every year during a Morrowind Anniversary or some holiday event, as long as it was guaranteed to be available at that time. Obviously, permanently available would be preferable. So yeah please bring Tel Galen back.

• Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    The question is will be limited time houses offered again at all? Right now no limited time house has ever showed up again (except as winning prices for contest's or in rare reward boxes from events-but nothing you could somehow control).
  • Maxlamenace
    Maxlamenace
    Soul Shriven
    Tel Galen is the only house I will purshase. It's a shame Tel Galen isn't avaible again, a year after release. Please ZoS, tell us you're considering to sell those limited time houses againj :neutral:
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I am bias on this one, but I really hope that they maintain the rarity of things. Yes I do own it, and I felt pretty damn guilty when I first dropped crowns on it. However the fact that it hasn't come back and they haven't released anything that I want more than Tel Galen makes me feel a lot better that I did cave and get it.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be an option again. I just think that it should stay rare. After all it was only available for 5 days initially as well.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.