The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

This sload preformance in PvP is completely broken. I cant even play solo anymore.

olesmo
olesmo
✭✭✭
I just rly have to ask you zenimax ppl, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom what the hell wehere you thinking when adding a set like that to the game?
Is this wrobels idea of a "good" new set to add with a expantion, hide a completely broken set behind a paywall.
Stop destroying skilled pvp please. Alot of the top pvper on EU have left the game because of your incapability to add good thought out sets to the game, it's like you saw the issue with the proc meta, fixed it, buried it in the past, just to forget it, and add more proc sets to the game that are preforming way better then the good old viper.
Its allso an issue with the ammount of healing reduction you can spec into in CP. 66% healing debuff on a target, and the ammount of unmitigatable dmg makes room for 0 counterplay.
Edited by olesmo on June 17, 2018 8:34AM
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brace for the tide of entitled zerglings and insecure nolifers who will surely rush here to defend that set.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    and this sprint bug is allso ruining pvp, out of the blue your abilities are greyed out. dont know whats triggering it, and its rly hard to tell with the ammount of snares going on in pvp
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing solo after non stop encounters with 3-5 man farm groups most of them wearing sloads...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    its like they want to punish you for running a well balanced setup with tankiness and dmg.
    ZOS be like: just play NB sniper full glass cannon, that way you can get some kills on players with half a brain.
    ZOS: okay guys, we got a new patch rolling out. so dont forget, improvise, adapt, and still get ***.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olesmo wrote: »
    its like they want to punish you for running a well balanced setup with tankiness and dmg.
    ZOS be like: just play NB sniper full glass cannon, that way you can get some kills on players with half a brain.
    ZOS: okay guys, we got a new patch rolling out. so dont forget, improvise, adapt, and still get ***.

Actually this is what I was thinking of doing since I only play solo. Turning my stamblade into a bowgank build. If alot of people are just wearing sloads + other proc sets then it should be easy to pick them off 1 by 1.
    Stalk like a leopard on a nature documentary, attack whoever is lagging behind their herd.
    If theyre all sload stackers then its all fair, they shouldnt complain about ganking.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually this is what I was thinking of doing since I only play solo. Turning my stamblade into a bowgank build. If alot of people are just wearing sloads + other proc sets then it should be easy to pick them off 1 by 1.
    Stalk like a leopard on a nature documentary, attack whoever is lagging behind their herd.
    If theyre all sload stackers then its all fair, they shouldnt complain about ganking.

Works pretty well in BGs/open world this patch, as long as you don't stay visible long enough to get sloaded/marked.

nZazJ1Q.jpg
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, if Sload is ruining the pvp experience, these kind of posts against Sloads are ruining this Forum as well!

Please stop creating new posts to complain about Sloads, there are plenty where you can do this already.

A FIX WILL COME ;)

PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play solo and im not dying to sloads, and i have not died to sloads yet. at all.
    if i see that purple on me from that sloads, i cast purge and its removed, im not trolling nor lying, just try it, slot purge and try it.

the problem i think here, is that people refuse to purge in addition to them also trying to solo fight groups of people by themselves and the groups they are fighting are all wearing sloads set, so what happens is they are being hit by *multiple* sloads D.O.T.'s on themselves and they cant stop the DOT's because they have too many DOT's on them even if they purge is no help.
    but the thing with that is, they would have died anyway because they are trying to solo fight Groups of people.
    trying to be a super hero like Bruce Lee and fight entire 30+ people and survive without a scratch is no longer possible and i say "Well Done Zenimax" for finally the day has come that puts reality into that idea, and making it possible to kill overpowered Builds that are a poison to PvP in eso.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just rly have to ask you zenimax ppl, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom what the hell wehere you thinking when adding a set like that to the game?
    Is this wrobels idea of a "good" new set to add with a expantion, hide a completely broken set behind a paywall.
    Stop destroying skilled pvp please. Alot of the top pvper on EU have left the game because of your incapability to add good thought out sets to the game, it's like you saw the issue with the proc meta, fixed it, buried it in the past, just to forget it, and add more proc sets to the game that are preforming way better then the good old viper.
    Its allso an issue with the ammount of healing reduction you can spec into in CP. 66% healing debuff on a target, and the ammount of unmitigatable dmg makes room for 0 counterplay.

To the tune of hard knock life...

It's a Sload dot life for us.
    It's a Sload dot life for us.

Stead of stealthin,
    We get popped

Stead of shieldin,
    We get stopped

It's a Sload dot life.

Purge and cleanse, we never see.
    Purge and cleanse, what's THAT?
    Who's he?

It's a Sload dot life, ooh whee!

Your QQ dont matter one bit,
    When you won't change your kit.

It's a Sload dot life...
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play solo and im not dying to sloads, and i have not died to sloads yet. at all.
    if i see that purple on me from that sloads, i cast purge and its removed, im not trolling nor lying, just try it, slot purge and try it.

the problem i think here, is that people refuse to purge in addition to them also trying to solo fight groups of people by themselves and the groups they are fighting are all wearing sloads set, so what happens is they are being hit by *multiple* sloads D.O.T.'s on themselves and they cant stop the DOT's because they have too many DOT's on them even if they purge is no help.
    but the thing with that is, they would have died anyway because they are trying to solo fight Groups of people.
    trying to be a super hero like Bruce Lee and fight entire 30+ people and survive without a scratch is no longer possible and i say "Well Done Zenimax" for finally the day has come that puts reality into that idea, and making it possible to kill overpowered Builds that are a poison to PvP in eso.

Dont you think theres something wrong with Every build needing to slot the exact same skill?
    Not much build diversity with that. We already dont have enough skill slots.
    Usually whenever theres a particular skill that literally everyone is using, zos nerfs it to create more build diversity. Why should this be any different?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont you think theres something wrong with Every build needing to slot the exact same skill?
    Not much build diversity with that. We already dont have enough skill slots.
    Usually whenever theres a particular skill that literally everyone is using, zos nerfs it to create more build diversity. Why should this be any different?

not at all, i just used what i could find temporarily to counter the sload set being used and built accordingly to that, just like i do with every patch:
    i seek out changes and alter my build according to each new patch to stay a competitive contender.

EDIT:

i got lucky this time around, i was able to find quickly what normaly takes me longer time to discover.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 16, 2018 5:29PM
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we go again - "broken", right. Seems there is a lot of room for interpretation with this word, like "everything I don't like performance-wise is broken."

A little more creativity. Also with excuses about "paywalls", there are ways around this: Just ask a friend/stranger for example. :wink:

Where was the outrage about all those other sets, blocked behind some purchaseable content? None, of course, because it was not a craftable set. Very suspicious...

Finally, again, a useful set makes crafting more of an actual skill. And look what some people try to turn it into...
    Edited by Kelces on June 16, 2018 5:33PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I don't know about broken. What I am finding is that I am not very Tanky. I had a sweet spot where I could prolong the time to kill and if I had enough support I could wade into the mele in large scale and take damage. No more. This killed that build. It's just not effective if I can't withstand the swarm of button pushers with unblockable damage. So I moved on. What I'm upset about is the drain on resources it takes to find another build. I would imagine for those that don't have Alta a deal breaker. I'll find a new nich but I don't under stand why the move in this direction?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    So I don't know about broken. What I am finding is that I am not very Tanky. I had a sweet spot where I could prolong the time to kill and if I had enough support I could wade into the mele in large scale and take damage. No more. This killed that build. It's just not effective if I can't withstand the swarm of button pushers with unblockable damage. So I moved on. What I'm upset about is the drain on resources it takes to find another build. I would imagine for those that don't have Alta a deal breaker. I'll find a new nich but I don't under stand why the move in this direction?

Because it happens every single time? Sure I was upset the first time my gold weapons got nerfed, but that was 4 years ago. You always gotta be prepared they'll tank your build

NB sap tanks
    Blazeplars
    OG regenerator builds
    DW sorc

They all died, and now it's time to move on
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I adjusted my build a bit for this patch. I usually have to make adjustments for every major patch.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I adjusted my build a bit for this patch. I usually have to make adjustments for every major patch.

It's not that this set alone makes any individual OP or that it can't be countered. It's that doing so drastically limits build diversity in a very bad way. There were enough 30K+ HP tank builds already.

Oblivion damage is extremely powerful by itself. It ignores shields, resistances, CP defensive buffs, Battlespirit and all other forms of mitigation. Giving a proc set oblivion damage is reckless. It places an unfair burden on solo players against completely unskilled randoms if they have enough players to stack enough sload damage.

Plus it breaks cloak.

Plus as a proc set it doesn't trigger the GCD.

ESO PVP is supposed to cater to a wide variety of builds and playstyles. The key issue with Sload is that it drastically reduces both.
    Edited by zyk on June 16, 2018 10:09PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    And here we go again - "broken", right. Seems there is a lot of room for interpretation with this word, like "everything I don't like performance-wise is broken."

A little more creativity. Also with excuses about "paywalls", there are ways around this: Just ask a friend/stranger for example. :wink:

Where was the outrage about all those other sets, blocked behind some purchaseable content? None, of course, because it was not a craftable set. Very suspicious...

Finally, again, a useful set makes crafting more of an actual skill. And look what some people try to turn it into...

Accusations and more accusations but not a single word to prove Sload's isnt imbalanced.

Just what does complaints about p2w have even anything to do with gameplay balance?

Finally,again, this set is useful because it carries mediocre players (even bad players). Making crafting sets relevant isnt the same thing as releasing OP ones
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised they didn’t close this thread yet. Maybe nobody works on the weekend.

I like when they close threads wanting everyone to post in the “official” threads. Reminds me of the “infinite” loading screen threads where they closed all of them and said the issue has apparently only been happening since November of this year... when it actually has been happening for years before they actually acknowledged it, and still waiting for the fix.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play solo PVP, my Mag DK uses Sload, Vicious Death and Ilambris. His Firestaff has a shock and his Shockstaff a Fireenchant. He dies throught Sload but he also manages to avoid Death throught Sload. I actually like the set and wrote a review back in the Testserver phase, saying that this set goes finally in the right direction. And, as we see with Mechanical Acuitty, they will only nerf the set when a new top set comes out. I play a bit more in a Minute but managed in 1 hour over 45k AP and got to Lvl2 rewards with a Campaign(Vivec) that just started tonight
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful about playing solo. Socially awkward ppl will attack you.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I don't even find sloads that bad. Even stacked with Zaan and other procs, I've never died outside of a zerg situation (or lag spike). Ignore the sloads and other procs and do what you would normally do: disable them, then trash them. No matter how much damage someone can shoot out, they have to hit you first and survive long enough to do it...don't get touched and if you do, take that time to disable them/stun. If someone really popping immovables in a 1v1 with sloads and zaan on (ROFL), then simply make them chase you and have to waste them...99.999% of the time they won't waste more than two, that's when you go in for the kill
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Accusations and more accusations but not a single word to prove Sload's isnt imbalanced.

Just what does complaints about p2w have even anything to do with gameplay balance?

Finally,again, this set is useful because it carries mediocre players (even bad players). Making crafting sets relevant isnt the same thing as releasing OP ones

There are far better choices to be carried by, this is a lousy excuse, I tested it. You do more damage with several other sets, contrary to the popular belief of it being "BIS for every build" etc.

PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, I've compiled a list of advice that I posted in my other thread from the Pros who never have an issue with Sloads. If you follow this advice you shouldn't have a problem with Sloads.

Wear Wyrd tree on all classes, alternatively you may wear Bee Keepers giving up either your sustain or your damage set and/or use purge, possibly draining 1/3 to 1/2 of your magicka with each cast (buffs? who needs them?). Don't 1vX, only take on one or possibly two opponents at a time. We all know there is unspoken rules in PvP that if you're fighting one person no one else will attack and people will only take keeps or flags in BGs with 1 or 2 people, so no worries if you're defending out numbered. Stick to the IC as Sloads is not a problem there. And there's no more easy mode with Shields and Cloak since now people are apparently real PvPers and L2P by using Sloads, the set of the truly skilled combatant. Never mind that they can provide no proof that they themselves can effectively use Shields or Cloak. And no more of that yucky imbalance called skill that lets one person defeat multiple opponents. Oh, I almost forgot the most important piece of information, you need to become accustomed to slotting a heal. Don't forget, heals are very important and were all really dumb for never having thought of that. I know its hard to get used to. If you need more information from the pros, simply scroll through these threads. You'll find a few apparently very knowledgable players who never have an issue with Sloads so you might seek their advice.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 21, 2018 5:09AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Use Wyrd Tree and Purge" hurr durr

There, the stupidity quota of the day for me.

Sload's should not have been a thing. "Smart" gameplay that involves minimal efforts and challenges.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it happens every single time? Sure I was upset the first time my gold weapons got nerfed, but that was 4 years ago. You always gotta be prepared they'll tank your build

NB sap tanks
    Blazeplars
    OG regenerator builds
    DW sorc

I have to admit I very much enjoyed watching the 1.4 DKs even when I was on the receiving end. It was glorious. Likewise, Blazeplars and DW Sorcs were so much fun and never OP. I just wish they didn’t confuse balance with ripping out the fun from the classes. :/
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking forward to maybe get a nice new craftable PvP set with Summerset. Instead, I got Sload's ***.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads doesn't kill me

Dawnbreaker into Spin2Win is what gets me most of the time.....even faster if its a damn Warden doing it.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

NB sap tanks
    Blazeplars
    OG regenerator builds
    DW sorc

I have to admit I very much enjoyed watching the 1.4 DKs even when I was on the receiving end. It was glorious. Likewise, Blazeplars and DW Sorcs were so much fun and never OP. I just wish they didn’t confuse balance with ripping out the fun from the classes. :/

Bring back blazing shieldplar !!!
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crafted. Got tired of my magplar HA werewolf getting shredded. And you know what? People act like we do t know what pelinals and troll king and lingering health are. Oh well. I joined. Torugs sloads Mageblade zaans now. So fun. Pretty tanky. Shields beats all mitigation that and stealth/dodge. Not tanky fighter how I like but meh. So much cheese.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

I was looking forward to maybe get a nice new craftable PvP set with Summerset. Instead, I got Sload's ***.

Amazing how much opinions can differ, from "this is too OP" to what you just mentioned. A clear sign, that some have to be wrong here. And since we regularly get a "nerf class XYZ" - thread, it indicates who probably is wrong. So now we have a new group we have to hate, just because...
    Edited by Kelces on June 23, 2018 4:30PM

PC - EU
    For the Pact!
This discussion has been closed.