DLC Dungeon Difficulty

ForTheEmpire
I played some dlc dungeons on normal difficulty and felt they are much harder than other normal dungeons throughout the game.
Are they actually harder or the team was weak?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are tougher than base game dungeons. That is by design. Although the new DLC dungeons (Horns of the Reach and Dragon Bones) are supposed to have an easier normal mode but tougher vet mode.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 15, 2018 8:43AM
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are tougher than base game dungeons. That is by design. Although the new DLC dungeons (Horns of the Reach and Dragon Bones) are supposed to have an easier normal mode but tougher vet mode.

What do you feel of dungeon difficulty? Is it adequate?
    Options
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC dungeons are meant to be harder than base game dungeons. Hardest non-dlc dungeons are City of Ash 2 and Crypt of Hearts 2. Of course with a good team, every single dungeon on normal is a faceroll.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    DLC dungeons are meant to be harder than base game dungeons. Hardest non-dlc dungeons are City of Ash 2 and Crypt of Hearts 2. Of course with a good team, every single dungeon on normal is a faceroll.

Crypt of Hearts 2 no.
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the general idea/knowledge is that the DLC's are slightly harder in normal mode than the base game ones.

Plus they are longer........*yawn*... :*
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    I think the general idea/knowledge is that the DLC's are slightly harder in normal mode than the base game ones.

DLCs are harder but sadly. They are not that much harder it's all in your head.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

I find the normal dlc a bit harder than the easiest vet ones like coa1, wayrest 1 or fungal 1.
    Yes its probably in part because overall weaker players in normal.

Dungeons goes up in difficulty in general, this repeat on veteran. Some outliers like vBC1 but otherwise pretty constant.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Blanco wrote: »

I find the normal dlc a bit harder than the easiest vet ones like coa1, wayrest 1 or fungal 1.
    Yes its probably in part because overall weaker players in normal.

Dungeons goes up in difficulty in general, this repeat on veteran. Some outliers like vBC1 but otherwise pretty constant.

Good.

true
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They require more teamwork and responsibilities of each member bto fufill there role. It's good ethics to say you are new to such dungeons so someone can explain some of approach or plan of action.

You may find these dungeons very frustrating, but the feelings of success the first time is the greatest reward. Also gear tends be quite nice. So what am saying is could of been both reasons, but by design these are meant to be harder.
    Options
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are more mechanics in DLC dungeons. They aren't blind DPS runs like most non-DLC dungeons are in Normal.
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest dungeons are the ones marked 1 (e.g. Wayrest 1)

Then it's the un numbered non-dlc dungeons (e.g. Selenes)

Then it's the ones marked with a 2 (e.g. Wayrest 2)

Then it's the DLC dungeons (e.g. Scalecaller)

In reality the differences are really only health and mechanics, granted some bosses do hit harder and there's '1 shot' mechanics but when you know what to look out for all are relatively easy with awareness and decent DPS.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dlc dungeons are the challenge veterans need cause base game ones litterally its like the enemies arent doing anything their that weak even on vet.
    Options
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to bet a lot of the "der her, it's not dat hard" crowd are looking at it through their 750 CP gold gear lenses.

Yeah, the game can be pretty much be 100% soloed (except trials) with max CP and the right gear. But the Vet DLC dungeons are significantly harder when you're 160CP wearing purples. And yes, compared to the base game dungeons, they are significantly harder than those as well.

It's really hard to say HOW much more difficult, because of the way scaling works and the fact that you can go back to these dungeons at max CP and face roll them. But I would say they are at least twice as difficult. My friends and I 3-manned Mazzatun normal at <100 CP, and it took us roughly 5 hours. A lot of this was figuring out the fights and wiping (we don't use guides), but a large portion of that was the fact that many enemies are damage sponges.
    Edited by MrSensible on June 15, 2018 12:40PM
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normal DLC dungeons really aren't that hard...harder than normal non-DLC dungeons, but still easily finished by any level of player. I know this because I finished them ALL on lowbie alts that I didnt assign any CP to...ran them without much issue with other level 15-20 players, though its true that I knew the mechanics beforehand and was able to explain them to those who didnt know
    Options