Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset on a high end rig....its GORGEOUS!!!

TheShorion
TheShorion
✭✭
Here are a few of the snaps I took.

OuvFvEq.jpg[\img]R1t561w.jpg[\img]3LTc71Q.jpg[\img]ViXynfD.jpg[\img]6B1spls.jpg[\img]PN3dtVV.png[\img]C2be1YW.jpg[\img]1Xx0apK.jpg[\img]YeNJvdi.jpg[\img]fGdjpCq.jpg[\img]ArZWqaF.jpg[\img]acOYX9b.jpg[\img]YmDz8jB.jpg[\img]
Edited by TheShorion on June 14, 2018 2:26PM
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The small pics look like they're very nice, and I wish I could see the zoomed-in versions.

Unfortunately, the layers, upon layers, of ads over on the Photobucket page discouraged me from viewing more than one of them, and it appears that Photobucket doesn't have a zoom / full screen option (even opening the image itself in a new tab just reopened the same page, with a new set of ads).

If you'd be open to some advice, and encouragement, I'd recommend a different image service (personally, I use imgur, and get very good results). I'd also encourage you to take more screenshots. These look like they could be great, if I could see the whole thing. :smile:
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    The scenery is very pretty in the pictures. This might tempt me to purchase Morrowind followed by Summerset ;)
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats your setup?
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i to got a high end system and am loving the art work or summerset props to the dept that did all the graphic work
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing these! Summerset is so gorgerous as a zone; the shores, the greenery, the gardens with the ponds and the little bridges and pergolas, oh, and even though it was kind of a dark place, I thought Ebon Stadmont was really beautiful as well.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both Morrowind and Summerset look gorgeous on highest settings. But recently i was doing some visiting of the old zones (yes the Pjijic quest :smile: ) and i was suprised how beautifull Stonefalls actually was.
    The Augurk said something about mountains hugging eachtother and i didn't know what he ment. And then, after 4 years , i finally saw it. Very nice.

And what is high end? My wife has no high end pc (compared to mine at least) which is 5 years old and she can run ESO on highest details.
    Edited by Knootewoot on June 14, 2018 9:28AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is.......And it lags like a mofo, at 100FPS(!)
    The microstutter makes me physically nauseous.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pics are really pretty but I have a hard time seeing the difference from my screen looks the same from my xb tbh

Its not you I think I just have poor vision lol
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish removing the fog didn't show all the missing assets in the environment. It's just unplayable for me that way.

I wish ZOS introduced a setting to increase the fog distance without removing it outright. I still need it there to cover up all the mising assets in the background, but it doesn't need to be right in my character's face to achieve that.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 14, 2018 10:03AM
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    A few weeks before release someone posted a high-end video of summerset from the test server, and it was sooo beautiful that I ditched 3 years of progress on the xbox1, and bought the PC version to totally start over.

I haven't regretted it once.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tygerfire wrote: »
    A few weeks before release someone posted a high-end video of summerset from the test server, and it was sooo beautiful that I ditched 3 years of progress on the xbox1, and bought the PC version to totally start over.

I haven't regretted it once.

Reshade makes it look even nicer: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/467/
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within the constraints of the engine and the item/polycount limitiations ZOS has (legitimately) set for themselves, Summerset looks pretty good.

Separate from those qualifiers, it's quite dated.

I applaud the team for their work and the care they've taken, but the game engine needs to catch up with the times.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I took away from these images is a notion to request from ZoS having an onscreen map for console.

The game already looked great. Summerset didn't improve it. Just showcased it differently.

• omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a girlfriend I have known for many years. She was gaming on a gtx 1030, so you can just imagine. I upgraded my rig and gave her my gtx 980. She was like, I did not know eso and other games were this gorgeous.
    If you play on crap, you see crap. Unfortunate, but how it is if your playing on low end parts.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deqk9-sWkAADO7a.jpg:large

My single favorite screenshot from Summerset was taken in Karnwasten. The freakin' picture LOOKS like concept art, but nope... that's in-game. It makes me wish some of the original zones were as detailed.
    Edited by Preyfar on June 14, 2018 1:06PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish removing the fog didn't show all the missing assets in the environment. It's just unplayable for me that way.

I wish ZOS introduced a setting to increase the fog distance without removing it outright. I still need it there to cover up all the mising assets in the background, but it doesn't need to be right in my character's face to achieve that.

You can use the same Hook64 to increase the draw distance of all those assets too.

Of course the game will eventually become a slideshow if you take it too far, but a screenshot will look really nice.

I agree on the fog though. For PC especially they should push it back at least 25% farther and increase the draw distance for frills and objects the same amount through the in game slider.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say, having played ESO for several years on a 59" 1080p tv... I was completely blown away when I upgraded to a 55" 4K OLED tv... the details revealed were completely night and day!! Can't believe I was missing so much for so many years.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • TheShorion
    TheShorion
    ✭✭
    S
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    The small pics look like they're very nice, and I wish I could see the zoomed-in versions.

Unfortunately, the layers, upon layers, of ads over on the Photobucket page discouraged me from viewing more than one of them, and it appears that Photobucket doesn't have a zoom / full screen option (even opening the image itself in a new tab just reopened the same page, with a new set of ads).

If you'd be open to some advice, and encouragement, I'd recommend a different image service (personally, I use imgur, and get very good results). I'd also encourage you to take more screenshots. These look like they could be great, if I could see the whole thing. :smile:

I tried using imgur initially but could not get them to show. I did OuvFvEq.jpg[\img]
    Edited by TheShorion on June 14, 2018 2:22PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run it in 4k, glad i upgraded from console last year, 100fps is great too
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    The ESO world is indeed beautiful. I play on a iMac with a 5k display.
  • TheShorion
    TheShorion
    ✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    Whats your setup?

8700k OC to 5ghz
    1080 TI in SLI OC to 2050 mghz
    16 GB ram

The game isnt utilizing most of this, so you can probably achieve the same thing with less
    Edited by TheShorion on June 14, 2018 2:31PM
  • TheShorion
    TheShorion
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing these! Summerset is so gorgerous as a zone; the shores, the greenery, the gardens with the ponds and the little bridges and pergolas, oh, and even though it was kind of a dark place, I thought Ebon Stadmont was really beautiful as well.

Just went there last night, that place was killing my fps haha, very pretty though