The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wish List: Jerkin/Robe + Pants vs. Jerkin + Pants/Skirts

Zells
Zells
✭✭✭
Right now, for the majority of motifs, the only way to wear a skirt is to wear the robe option. Exceptions exist - Daedric comes to mind - but with almost all of them, wearing a skirt means wearing the same motif on the chest.

I very much like to mix and match motifs, and there have been a number of times I've wanted a chest piece from one motif but a legs piece from another, with the bottom piece being a skirt. But the only option for that now is to wear a jerkin of one motif with the Daedric legs motif, which is only a skirt.

I would like to see the motifs changed so that all chest pieces are only chest pieces - instead of "Jerkin" and "Robe", just "Jerkin", and the legs changed to offer "pants" and "skirt" options. In this scenario, a chest piece + the skirt piece of the same motif would look exactly like the robe looks now, so nothing would be lost, but we would have more flexibility in our combinations.

To be clear, I'm not saying I want a new page added to every motif - I'm saying I'd like to see a skirt option added to legs armor, just the way you can now make either a jerkin or a robe if you know the chest page of the motif. And I'd like to see that option for every weight of armor, so that there are heavy skirts available in Blacksmithing.

Thoughts?
Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the "art" of it works and you don't end up with misaligned tops and bottoms, it seems like a solid idea.

That being said, IDK if it's going to be a big enough demand or payoff to justify the asset work it would take.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That being said, IDK if it's going to be a big enough demand or payoff to justify the asset work it would take.

^This.^

It’s a great idea and I support it.

There will be blowback from some perfectionist players worried about clipping issues ... even though clipping issues already exist today with the wide array of motif combinations.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 13, 2018 11:17PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

It’s a great idea and I support it.

There will be blowback from some perfectionist players worried about clipping issues ... even though clipping issues already exist today with the wide array of motif combinations.

Bolded for emphasis. There is more clipping than not when mixing motifs at the moment. I highly doubt that clipping has anything to do with robe bottoms (skirts) not being available.

Theres been a number of threads asking for this since I started playing, but i really dont think anything will come of it.

However, the Sapiarch motif adds some really beautiful new full length skirts, and it seems most motifs recently have some kind of mid length skirt on almost every weight. So at least there are some options now.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    However, the Sapiarch motif adds some really beautiful new full length skirts, and it seems most motifs recently have some kind of mid length skirt on almost every weight. So at least there are some options now.

I suspect this will be the only way it happens. Some, but not all, new motifs will have skirts instead of pants. However, I'm sure we'd all prefer the option was ours, rather than the set designer's.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldnt agree more, just being pragmatic