The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sloads Tooltip Bug?

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
My Sloads tooltip says 1004 damage per second for 6 seconds yet it only does 824 damage per second for 6 seconds. Intended?
Edited by brandonv516 on June 12, 2018 12:26AM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Each tooltip with oblivion damage is wrong in the game. It's Zeni style. Because of that i would say: intended.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Each tooltip with oblivion damage is wrong in the game. It's Zeni style. Because of that i would say: intended.

My oblivion damage enchantment on my weapon shows an increased tooltip with minor/major berserk AND actually does more damage as well.

Maybe because Sloads is a proc set, they had to cap it even though the tooltip can be raised? With minor/major berserk, I believe I can get it to read like 1200+ damage per second!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My oblivion damage enchantment on my weapon shows an increased tooltip with minor/major berserk AND actually does more damage as well.

Maybe because Sloads is a proc set, they had to cap it even though the tooltip can be raised? With minor/major berserk, I believe I can get it to read like 1200+ damage per second!

Oblivion does more damage with Berserk. It's the only way of increasing it.

And 824 damage on what? Damage should be 853 with Legendary quality.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on June 13, 2018 4:11PM
    PC EU
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And 824 damage on what?

That's what I mean. With Minor Berserk, Sloads reads higher but still only does 824 damage.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And 824 damage on what?

That's what I mean. With Minor Berserk, Sloads reads higher but still only does 824 damage.

Ah. I get you.

Whether that's a bug or intended we'll never know. Don't expect a fix.
    PC EU
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And 824 damage on what?

Ah. I get you.

Whether that's a bug or intended we'll never know. Don't expect a fix.

Yeah I guess I need to test other proc sets more thoroughly and see if the same applies.

If for instance Skoria still does the same damage with Minor Berserk than without it, then proc sets not only cannot crit but also are capped.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oblivion damage isn't affected by anything except for the oblivion damage glyph that can be increased by infused or torugs pact.

All other sources of oblivion damage have a set value from the game that is dependent on the quality of the set or the glyph that is dealing oblivion damage.
    This coded tooltip is what the oblivion damage glyph will do no matter which stats, buffs or cps you have used but also no matter which stats, defensive buffs or cp your enemy has.

The in-game tooltip is affected by things like damage done, minor/ major beserk but this is not the amount of damage you will deal if it differs from the coded tooltip.

If you want to know how much damage you will deal with a specific Kind of oblivion damage you have to go to a non cp campaign, remove all gear and all buffs you have.

This is intended game design to try to compensate the massive strength a damage source that ignores any counterplay ignores offeres.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Oblivion damage isn't affected by anything except for the oblivion damage glyph that can be increased by infused or torugs pact.

Sorry thats not right, it effects only the tooltip, but the outgoing damage is lower. I use a infused weapon with oblivion damage glyph in pvp and the weapon does lower damage. the exact values I will add tonight.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry thats not right, it effects only the tooltip, but the outgoing damage is lower. I use a infused weapon with oblivion damage glyph in pvp and the weapon does lower damage. the exact values I will add tonight.

No you are wrong.
    Infused and torugs will increase the damage your glyph does.
    The coded tooltip will change aswell as the in-game tooltip.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP are effecting the tooltip but not the damage done
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 14, 2018 10:48AM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭

No you are wrong.

Ok. Please show me a damage log form any parse tool.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No you are wrong.

Ok. Please show me a damage log form any parse tool.

Go to the pts, craft a golden set of torugs pact but don't equip it yet.
    Then craft 2 golden staves, one without a trait and one with infused aswell as 2 golden oblivion damage glyphs
    Now equip the non trait staff only and see how much damage the oblivion damage glyph did. (Will be 1267)
    Then with the infused one (will be 1647)
    And then with Torugs equipped (will be 2141)

If you followed all my steps:
    No CP
    No buffs
    Everything gold
    Right traits you will have the same coded tooltip and ingame tooltip.

• Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your values. I see the same values in my tooltips. But when i do damage on my test dummy i see lower values.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with your values. I see the same values in my tooltips. But when i do damage on my test dummy i see lower values.

I just hopped on the pts and i got the exact same values.
    Are you sure you've used a golden glyph, golden infused weapon and that you have no other buffs on your character?
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Here are the stats from my char and my final comment :)

rt9l4uqgc6v1.jpg
    acs1oofoxrlg.jpg
    ge3daa9jpvtz.jpg

Tooltip says 2042 see picture (equip or not equip, no different)
    Damage: 1647
    Same for Sloads:
    Tooltip says: 980
    Damage: 853
    The damage values i see also in the ingame damage cloud.

I can nothing do again oblivion damage only dodge. I can never do more or less damage, i always do 1647 damage. So IMO when I do 1647 damage (with this char in the current state), the tooltip should show 1647 damage and not 2042. I use this kind of damage since is available in pvp and so long I saw never a correct tooltip. This is what I mean with "Each tooltip with oblivion damage is wrong in the game". Only my opinion.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what i explained in my post with the coded and in-game tooltip
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So to sum all of this up, Oblivion damage has individual caps on it based on the set/enchantment.

Regardless of what the tooltip reads, it cannot reach the tooltip value.