The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The main reason I pre-order games re the pre-order digital items from the Morrowind Collectors pack

Whiterabbit01
Whiterabbit01
✭✭
I always buy pre orders to get the items that are not usually available once the game has been released. I thought they were offered as an incentive to buy the game on pre-order as I'm sure everyone likes to have something fairly rare in the game. Same with the limited edition mounts and pets, but yet again, most have either been repeated or included in some of the crown crates (eg the great Elk which was originally offered as a limited edition mount almost 2 years ago and is now available as a legendary reward via the crown crates and can also be purchased using gems, so how can it be a limited edition mount. Same with several other mounts and pets that have been originally offered as a limited edition.

So now I see the pre-order items that I assumed would only be available via pre-order, (at least the way they were described it appeared if you didn't pre-order you'd never be able to get them) can now be purchased in the crown store as part of the collector's pack. Yet again I see ZeniMax ripping the community off. Should I whinge about the cost of crown crates as well; crown crates that rarely contain anything of real value. 15 crates cost 5000 crowns, which costs almost £30, yet the value of the items I've received from two 5000 crown sets and one 1500 crown set (total 35 crates) cames to much less than the £70 I paid for them. Grrrrr.......... Surely ZeniMax could at least put items that equate to the value of the money they cost and not including the consumables that IMO are a waste of time. I have a decent set of recipes that make potions and food that are as good as those tri restoration potions and other poisons on offer, yet those crown crates contain at least 70 to 80% consumables instead of real value items such as pets, mounts and other items that never disappear. I've been a supporter of the Elder Scrolls since its inception 25 years ago and have probably played the Elder Scrolls more than any other game apart from maybe Battlefield 2 (released in 2005).

I've spent at least £1500 on the Elder scrolls (purchased three copies of the Online edition and have ESO plus for two of them, purchased crown crates and loads of mounts, motifs, pets etc. Yeah, I know my own fault. No more. I'm just about done buying anything for cash again, and will probably let my ESO plus membership lapse this time as Zemimax are only in it for the cash. I much prefer developers who actually care about their community instead of ripping them off.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    There a company running a business. What else would you expect them to be in it for. It helps to feed their children. You will find no online game or developer any different out there. Those crates are a very small chance to get something valuable. Not a guarantee. There like lottery tickets. Chances are you lose.
    Edited by dbgager on June 11, 2018 9:20PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery Pack was a pre-order bonus for the Morrowind Upgrade and Standard Edition only. The Discovery Pack was included in any of the Collector's Edition bundles, regardless of when purchased.

(official infographic)

Not limited edition. Limited time. Meaning nothing more than not being continuously available for purchase.

And each crate has approximately 400 crowns worth of consumables, and occasionally other items, in them. So it's not really about £70. It's about approximately 13,600 crowns worth of items. If you'd post the contents of those 34 crates (not 35) I could itemize them into crown cost. I've done that for all mine. So far there have only been two times where the itemization came out closer to 300 crowns. There's a big difference between a rip off and just not getting what you want.

It's okay if you don't want to spend any more money on the game, but don't misrepresent things to validate that decision.
    signing off