The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can't repair the client with 40GB free, not enough disk space error (104) - edit: error 1112 and 210

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
I tried updating to the latest patch from 230 to 232, so 9GB, but it failed the first time because I ran out of space while patching (despite the patcher allowing me to patch) because I had about 15GB on my drive. So I freed up more space but even with 30GB free it still failed and furthermore said I have to do a repair.

I've freed up more space, but even with 40GB I still have the 104 error. How can I fix this? Right now my Zenimax folder has 51GB, because I tried deleting some assets(esoxxx.dat from the depot) in hopes of making more space after not even 30GB were enough to do a repair. Before deleting any assets it was 65.5 because although the patch failed, the already patched files stayed.

Should I try reinstalling the game? However if it currently needs more than 90GB, I won't have enough space for it, because if I uninstall ESO I'll have that much. Or is there a way to fix the repair, as it's strange it wouldn't finish the 9GB patch even with 30GB free?

Edit:

I tried using game consultant, and it says this:

06/11/2018 21:23:23 Target disk space report (1) [Required: 51.71 GB Existing: 0 B Free: 39.91 GB Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\patchdata.depot\]

The required space is the same as my current ESO size, so it's possible something got broken and it's not seeing it there.

Edit: So I tried reinstalling the whole game with 91GB free, the game let me, and after downloading the 51GB and patching it, it told me I ran out of space and gave me a 1112 and 210 errors today.
Edited by Adventurer on June 12, 2018 11:28AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deinstall pts client, patch maingame, reinstall pts client.

Not much time saved, though.
    Edited by Leandor on June 11, 2018 5:54PM
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Deinstall pts client, patch maingame, reinstall pts client.

Not much time saved, though.

I don't have PTS installed.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, let me check back, but I'm quite sure the game doesn't take 90 gb by itself. Something is bonkers there...

EDIT: ok, I have checked on both my computers, I have one install of 69gb and one of 67.9gb. Maybe uninstall/reinstall would be a good idea.
    Edited by Leandor on June 11, 2018 6:01PM
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Ok, let me check back, but I'm quite sure the game doesn't take 90 gb by itself. Something is bonkers there...

Oh it doesn't, it takes 67GB right now, but I was stating that if I uninstall the game I'll have 90GB free altogether, so unless that's not enough I won't be able to do a clean reinstall and have to find a way how to make the repair work - which would be better as I wouldn't have to download the whole game again.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 g free space is not very much extra space.

Remove one of the other programs you have, unrelated to ESO. Get a second drive.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    30 g free space is not very much extra space.

Remove one of the other programs you have, unrelated to ESO. Get a second drive.

Laptop, can't.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    I tried using game consultant, and it says this:

06/11/2018 21:23:23 Target disk space report (1) [Required: 51.71 GB Existing: 0 B Free: 39.91 GB Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\patchdata.depot\]

The required space is the same as my current ESO size, so it's possible something got broken and it's not seeing it there.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to just reinstall the whole game. Looks like 87Gb should be enough according to the install, so let's see! :)
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Games take up to twice as much space to install as there final size. I believe ESO needs 85-90GB to install. Final Size 68GB. So your right on the edge. Repairing also takes extra room to accomplish since the broken files and repair files will both be on the drive at the same time till the operation does housekeeping after itself. You should probably look into getting more storage on your PC via another HDD or SSD.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Well, so despite the game saying it was enough space to install, I ended up with not enough disk space error again, 1112 -OSerror_NotEnoughSpace. And after clicking ok, error 210 appeared as well, patchmanifesterror download fail.

So now I can't play because I don't have another external HDD, no more space to delete and repair earlier on just didn't work, even before I deleted some ESO assets.

Also why is error 1112 not in the troubleshooting section?
    Edited by Adventurer on June 12, 2018 11:25AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Adventurer

Could you take a screenshot of the exact error message coming up?

The 1112 -OSerror_NotEnoughSpace may be related to a permission issue not allowing the game to install. Try rebooting into a selective startup and then see if you can install ESO. If so, it would indicate a third party program was causing the problem.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Adventurer

Could you take a screenshot of the exact error message coming up?

The 1112 -OSerror_NotEnoughSpace may be related to a permission issue not allowing the game to install. Try rebooting into a selective startup and then see if you can install ESO. If so, it would indicate a third party program was causing the problem.

I can't because it wouldn't come up after that unless I would try redownloading the whole game again. But that's everything the error message said, just that it ran out of space, nothing more, with the difference that it had this old number that's not in the current troubleshooting error list - when I googled it only appeared in one or two threads back from beta.

I've disabled my antivirus (MSE), which I had switched on while I tried to patch it unsuccessfully, so it's possible it's the AV blocking it somehow as I've never had issues with patching or repair before, even at 15GB or so.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Update: So the repair finished successfully and the game installed fine.

I didn't include it here but after the failed attempt at reinstalling the game, giving me the 1112/210 erorrs, I had 31GB in the ESO folder, so I ran repair and now several hours later it finished, and the game succesfully installed. I did switch off the AV when the last 7GB download was happening though, so I'm not sure if it was the AV or not, as I didn't switch to safe mode.

Edited by Adventurer on June 12, 2018 4:33PM