Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Golden Gryphon Apartment

Kesarai
Kesarai
✭✭
I logged in a character that had never done any type of housing quest. Got the starter page from the Crown Store for the "Room to Spare" quest and accepted the quest where it told me to go talk to . Went & talked to her there in Summerset, in front of the Golden Gryphon apartment. Went through the entire dialog and clicked on Finished and was awarded the Anthology of Abodes Available for Aquisition and got the whole sound effect of being awarded the apartment. Closed her dialog (yes, after I finished telling her I did not worship Daedra) and went to enter the apartment but it said Preview... I looked on my housing list and nope, no apartment for me : (

Any suggestions as to how to get the apartment free or am I just going to have to suck it up & purchase it with gold?
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Preview it. While inside there SHOULD be a option menu to purchase it from. If you are using a character that has obtained a free inn room in another zone you can't get it free with that character, but if you use a different character that hasn't complete the house quest you did... complete said quest with that alternate character and then you should get your home free.
  • Kesarai
    Kesarai
    ✭✭
    Awesome, will definitely give it a try today! Thank you very much!
  • Kesarai
    Kesarai
    ✭✭
    Preview it. While inside there SHOULD be a option menu to purchase it from. If you are using a character that has obtained a free inn room in another zone you can't get it free with that character, but if you use a different character that hasn't complete the house quest you did... complete said quest with that alternate character and then you should get your home free.

Just doing that didn't work, still had a 3k purchase option but was finally able to figure out how to get it after several attempts and a couple deletions...lol

Created brand new character.
    Went to Alinor.
    Previewed the apartment, while in the apartment got the quest starter from the Crown Store, opened it while still in the apartment and accepted quest. When I accepted the quest while in the apartment, this time it actually told me to talk to her there in Alinor.
    Stepped out, talked to her there, when I finished the quest was given the deed to the apartment.

I know kind of a pain for a 3k apartment, but I was determined to see what I had to do in order to actually get the apartment free like they said...lol

I play PC/NA if this helps anyone.
  • Heru_Elrin
    Heru_Elrin
    ✭✭
    I am wondering why this doesn’t have the ability to purchase already furnished.
    Cana i cala ture nanye oponye munta ulca taruva.