The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The new Recipe From Fishing Summerset.

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I don’t like fishing. But I want this recipe. It’s supposed to be the stamina counterpart to Clockwork Citrus Filets.

I’ve only read a little about it.

Do I have to get a quest for to find it?

Do I have to get someone to fish with me?

Is it from fishing a certain kind of waters in Summerset?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to fish on Artaeum, not Summerset. The recipes come from a blue satchel drop, and each satchel has an RNG chance to have one of the recipes.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't quote me but I think you can only get it from arteum summerset island, that's where I got it from and I guess if some else fish's with you the drip rate might be higher
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    You need to fish on Artaeum, not Summerset. The recipes come from a blue satchel drop, and each satchel has an RNG chance to have one of the recipes.

Well I feel like an idiot.

Spent about an hour and half fishing last night in Summerset proper wondering why i didn't get any satchels. I guess i need to read the patch notes more closely.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it from Artaeum fishing alone on the PTS and with people on Live, so I don't think it makes a difference. No quest necessary. Just get to Artaeum (first main quest or port to a guildie) and start fishing! I used worms for the ocean fishing holes but chub should have identical results.

Be aware that the recipes are bind on pickup and the gold recipe is very confused as to whether its actually a food or a drink when it comes to gameplay and provisioning.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 11, 2018 4:00PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Well I feel like an idiot.

Spent about an hour and half fishing last night in Summerset proper wondering why i didn't get any satchels. I guess i need to read the patch notes more closely.

If it makes you feel better, I mostly learned about it from guildie talk in the first few days of the update. I don't remember if it was specified in the patch notes or not.

But yeah, the special drop from Summerset is the Pyandonean bottles, which drop Pyandonean motif pages and mats, and the special drop from Artaeum is the Waterlogged Psijic Satchels, which drop the recipes and mats.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got it from Artaeum fishing alone on the PTS and with people on Live, so I don't think it makes a difference. No quest necessary. Just get to Artaeum (first main quest or port to a guildie) and start fishing! I used worms for the ocean fishing holes but chub should have identical results.

Be aware that the recipes are bind on pickup and the gold recipe is very confused as to whether its actually a food or a drink when it comes to gameplay and provisioning.

You the real MVP for spending your time fishing on the PTS to test it. Honestly.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, very insightfull.
    and also:
    it shows as a "food buff" on my screen, but listed as a "drink" on the recipe.
    i think is bugged, but it does work for me.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you all so much for answering! I probably fished little over an hour in
    Summerset looking for it. Get to Artaeum and literally 2 fishing holes end up with the recipe. Sweet!

Okay, now I have another question. This powdered mother of pearl. Does it only drop from dolmens or fishing? Is it also Artaeum? I have 2 inventory. Not sure where I got them from
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Summerset looking for it. Get to Artaeum and literally 2 fishing holes end up with the recipe. Sweet!

Okay, now I have another question. This powdered mother of pearl. Does it only drop from dolmens or fishing? Is it also Artaeum? I have 2 inventory. Not sure where I got them from

Powdered Mother of Pearl can drop from Abyssal Geysers, Pynadonean bottles from fishing in Summerset, giant clams, and possible other sources I can't remember. The best source I found was Abyssal Geysers and Pynadonean bottles because even though I had to do plenty to get the RNG for mother of pearl, its much better than hunting for giant clams and those both have decent rewards even if I don't get what I want.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the recipe do that draws fish to you? What kind of benefit is it? Catch fish faster?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Yeah, I got both new recipes after fishing for 10 minutes or so. 3 hours of just fishing later (broken over a few days), and I still haven't caught the 3rd rare fish.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not have to fish to get it. One can buy it at guild traders. I would expect it is not costly.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    You do not have to fish to get it. One can buy it at guild traders. I would expect it is not costly.

Thought it was bound
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is bound, if u want the recipie and not just buy the food u have to fish yourself
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thought it was bound

they are bound.... it's a shame. i have 2 of the gold and 1 purple surplus to requirements.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought it was bound

they are bound.... it's a shame. i have 2 of the gold and 1 purple surplus to requirements.

Anyone know why it’s bound?

Because that isn’t in line with other provisioning recipes.

And, it isn’t in line with Summerset crafting consumables (e.g. mats) being found outside of Summerset.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 18, 2018 10:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    What does the recipe do that draws fish to you? What kind of benefit is it? Catch fish faster?

It gives you a greater chance to catch rare fish such as the green and blue fish for Master Angler. Its similar to the chance given for fishing with one other person at the fishing hole.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the first time that recipes are bound, there were clockwork city recipes that were bound too, the ones you get from doing quests for the guy in thieves den.

Thought it was bound

And, it isn’t in line with Summerset crafting consumables (e.g. mats) being found outside of Summerset.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought it was bound

I'm not sure why they chose to make the recipe bound, but there is a workaround.

The waterlogged Psijic satchels that the recipes are found in are not bound. I know several people who have made considerable gold fishing and selling the unopened satchels to people who want to gamble that the recipe will be inside.

I was blessed by RNG and got the gold recipe on my first satchel from fishing, then bought another satchel off a guildmate and the purple recipe was inside it. So 2 for 2!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think if they were not bound, then the drop rate would be much lower (not that I think they should be bound). I got both within 10 minutes of fishing. Also got about 6 other satchels with various style mats, etc. in the total of 20 minutes I spent fishing.

Have only gotten one Pyandonean bottle, but it didn't have a page in it. I was only fishing for a few minutes while waiting on someone.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 2, 2018 7:32PM