The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Trying to sell style material

Pmaurk
Pmaurk
About 2 weeks into the game. Recently started getting into the trader guild aspect of the game. I'm not focusing on crafting right now so I have some style materials I'd like to sell and/or figure out what the value is. How much gold do these mats go for and which ones are the rarer styles?

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends. If you are on PC, you might look at getting the Master Merchant or Tamriel Trade Center add-ons so you can get up to date pricing. If on console, I guess you'd just have to check guild stores to get a good idea -I have no idea about console prices.

In general, the base racial style mats are worth less than 15g since they are sold by vendors too. Everything else on PC ranges from around a hundred gold to a couple thousand depending on rarity and demand for furnishing.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 11, 2018 3:25PM
  • Pmaurk
    Pmaurk
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on XB NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pmaurk wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on XB NA

Then you'll have to search a few guild traders to get an idea on what the various style stones sell for. And be sure to keep an eye on how long they've been up for sale, as if it's been up for a while, that's an indicator that the price may be too high.

In general, though, the basic racial styles are worth less than 15g, as that's what vendors sell them for, though I do see people putting them up for higher at guild traders, either because they don't know they're available at NPC vendors or they're hoping that their potential buyers don't know.

Since the outfit system, I haven't priced any style mats, since I don't have a use for them anymore outside of crafting for Master Writs and crafting furniture. Plus I stockpiled quite a bit from the recent Anniversary event.

So, first step is to search various traders to see what current prices are. Then, try to focus on the ones used for crafting furniture, which right now are only daedra hearts, palladium, dwemer frames, tempered brass, refined bonemold resin, and culanda lacquer (besides the basic ones which can be purchased for 15g at NPC vendors). There is a rare plan that drops from one of the recent dungeons, but I don't know what style mat it requires.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 12, 2018 7:06PM