The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Jewellery crafting- finding the new traits

VonNelson
VonNelson
✭✭✭
Finally got my first peice with a new trait today. I was worried it was going to take forever. This has me thinking what sources do I need to focus on most? What are the drop rates like for the cyrodil reward and the undated chests? Do reward chests for normal trails even have new jewellery in them? So far I’ve had nothing from any of these but have been spending more time playing the story than chasing reward coffers
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to depend on the traits that are most important to you and your playstyle, @VonNelson ... since those are the ones you're most likely to transmute your existing jewelry or craft.

The drop rates are not impossible but not a gimme either.

I've linked the natch potes in case you don't have that info at your fingertips:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413283/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-0-5-summerset-update-18#latest

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve gotten a couple.

Triune (PvP gladiator dailies reward sacks) are pretty generous. I think I did five and got a ring, and my PvP partner got a necklace so we will trade and be done. I think guild store prices will stabilize somewhere about 25-50k...the style mat is a lot of AP.

Harmony: undaunted chests. I’ve opened maybe ten chests and no item, which doesn’t tell me how bad the RNG is yet. Also not sure how rare the trait Stone is. But I’m seeing these pop up in guild stores already for a bit cheaper than other traits, so I don’t think it’ll be a problem.

Swift: none in over 200 writs completed, and seeing forum posts suggesting it’s bugged. It’s either very low RNG, or they’re not dropping as intended.

Infused: don’t seem rare. I’ve only opened three or four of these and got a ring.

Protective: from completing Summerset main quests. There aren’t many in the game yet, but I get titanium (the style mat) all over the damn place, so once they proliferate into guild stores this should be dirt cheap.

Bloodthirsty: trial rewards. these will remain somewhat rare. Stuff that comes from trials always is. To earn them you’ll have to run weekly trials. In guild,stores I’m guessing the prices stabilize somewhere around 30-50k per piece. But I could be wrong...maybe the style mats will be more common that some stuff we’ve seen in the past.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @davey1107 that helps a lot. So the pvp grind isn’t that bad? That’s the one I was more concerned about as it’s the dailies. That and trials. They do drop from normal trials? The swift sounds like a massive problem though
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep between me and a couple of guild mates we have covered every trait apart from swift which I'm starting to think is bugged too
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen all traits for sale woth the exception of protective and prices are dropping. I opened 14 undaunted chest and got 2 necks i consider that very good based on what ive heard.
    Hopfully i can find someone to trade a neck for a ring
    . I bought blood thirsty neck and ring. I missed the others in chat they sold quick..
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep between me and a couple of guild mates we have covered every trait apart from swift which I'm starting to think is bugged too

its not bugged.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trials one is from weekly reward boxes...I forget howmthese work exactly. But you have to run the weekly trial, not a specific trial.

The PvP ones had good RNG for us, and I expect these will be widely available in guild stores. How annoying they are to earn depends on how annoying the person who is asking finds PvP, lol. The dailies are missions like “capture three keeps,” capture nine resources, kill 40 players. If someone utterly hates PvP, it might annoy them to do 5-10 to earn the pieces.

On my server, AP has an exchange ratio with gold of about 5:1, meaning that motifs costing 500,000 ap sell for about 100,000 gold. So with a price per stone of 100k ap, I’d guess crafters will eventually sell these for about 20k each, maybe a little less.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Ha yes my first pvp quest was kill 40 players. Took me way longer than it should have. Really put me off as I was specifically going for the reward chest. Poor use of time imo.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

its not bugged.

Are you speaking for pc or console
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you dont want to craft/transmute new traits you can research healthy, arcane, robust, protective and infused first.
    By the time you get to the next trait the prices have dropped significantly.

At first I was selling infused pieces for 35k and now they go for 22k or something (PC EU).

Swift is probably the most rare trait, Ive done jewelry daily writs on 6 chars from the day when Summerset launched but not a single Swift piece. Maybe it only drops if you have jewelry crafting maxed out or something.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you dont want to craft/transmute new traits you can research healthy, arcane, robust, protective and infused first.
    By the time you get to the next trait the prices have dropped significantly.

At first I was selling infused pieces for 35k and now they go for 22k or something (PC EU).

Swift is probably the most rare trait, Ive done jewelry daily writs on 6 chars from the day when Summerset launched but not a single Swift piece. Maybe it only drops if you have jewelry crafting maxed out or something.

Bloodthirsty drops from weekly trail rewards so its not very easy to farm.
    PC - EU (AD)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swift: none gotten after ~100 jewelry crafting writs, not sure if it drops more frequently, or even exclusively from tier 5 (platinum) ones as 13/14 characters are still doing tier 1 (pewter)
    Triune: got none out of about 5-6 gladiator quests completed on 2 characters in the first days after patch, they seemed too time consuming so I simply bought them off guild traders for about 25K each to research
    Bloodthirsty: none out of about 10 weekly trial completions, will probably buy as well
    Infused: got two necklaces from around 20 portals closed, had bought and researched it already, so I'll just sell those on guild traders
    Harmony: got both the ring and the necklace from around 60-70 undaunted chests opened over a couple of weeks, researching them ATM
    Protective: got both from the Summerset main quests - no RNG here
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Jewelry_Crafting#Traits

P.S. As opposed to other crafting skills where I'm actively trying to improve my master writ drop rate on multiple characters by researching traits, learning (relatively cheap) motifs and doing other achievements that may increase the drop rate (ex. tempering ones) I will not go into that effort for jewelry crafting since the cost is prohibitive for the moment - research items are in the tens of thousands and the trait stones are quite expensive and hard to farm, and, most importantly, the master writs themselves are, and will always be completely uneconomical to craft, relative to others. So I'll stop at one character, while I'll just train the skill and put points in the Engraver passive, maybe Keen Eye too on the others for the harvesting part.
    Edited by Asardes on June 11, 2018 8:35AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna but you have a chance for each trial every week?
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Asardes that rng is punishing!! Ouch
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    @Asardes that rng is punishing!! Ouch

Well it's not that punishing actually. The fact that prices dropped fast on guild stores within the first couple of weeks attests to the fact that other players had no trouble finding them. I expect the prices to bottom out at ~15K for the more useful traits like triune, bloodthirsty and swift, with infused even lower, due to pretty generous drop rate; harmony and protective aren't particularly useful, so those will drop to maybe 5K or under. So the top prices will be comparable to nirnhoned weapons in the long run. Considering how much gold you can make in a day with minimal effort, just playing the game, that still leaves time as the main constraint. Researching all the traits takes around 6 months if you do them back to back, the same as Woodworking - that has 6 items but you can research up to 3 at the same time, while in jewelry crafting you have 2 items but you can only research one at a time.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    @Septimus_Magna but you have a chance for each trial every week?

No just the weekly trail I believe, you can get on the leader board with multiple chars tho.
    PC - EU (AD)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the long run, even if you don't have good luck with the exemplary drops themselves, as long as you have the trait stone and have a friend/guildmate who can craft it for you, you can get what you need.
    My personal luck:
    Infused: I've had both necklace and ring drop from portals. Trait material drops from these also, so end availability should be high.
    Triune: I've had one necklace from about 6-7 of the dailies. I expect that there will be a higher floor for these, as the trait material is somewhat expensive (100k AP).
    Bloodthirsty: These come from the weekly trials coffers (you can do any trial, once per week per character for these). I haven't had any drop in about 6 trials. However, every single one of those gave a trait stone, so these were easy to get made.
    Swift: I haven't seen any but I haven't been doing top level writs either. Trait material is readily available although again somewhat expensive (20 writ vouchers) so I think the floor will be higher.
    Harmony: I have a ring from about 12-15 chests opened, but I think that's not representative. I haven't been doing random dungeons so I don't know how the trait material drop rate is.
    Protective: Quests, and the trait material is quite common from seams.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the best place to gather items for researching jewelry traits is the guild stores (it's true). Unfortunately, as a prerequisite, you will need to do a lot of farming for the gold needed to get those items because you need 2 jewelry pieces for each trait (one in a necklace and one in a ring).

But, the good news is that once you've accomplished learning each trait (rings/necklace), you don't have to worry about it anymore! (Well, that's what I keep telling myself.)

Edited by Maryal on June 11, 2018 10:53AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have to do top level tier jewellery writs to get swift as I've being doing it all as low level on all my alts
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    I found the best place to gather items for researching jewelry traits is the guild stores (it's true). Unfortunately, as a prerequisite, you will need to do a lot of farming for the gold needed to get those items because you need 2 jewelry pieces for each trait (one in a necklace and one in a ring).

But, the good news is that once you've accomplished learning each trait (rings/necklace), you don't have to worry about it anymore! (Well, that's what I keep telling myself.)

It's certainly the fastest method, and the one that has the lowest RNG.
    Do you have to do top level tier jewellery writs to get swift as I've being doing it all as low level on all my alts

That's what I've heard.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pulverized Dibellium, the 1/10 trait stone for Harmony is a guaranteed drop from the first random dungeon you do on that day, on a character. Just do normal random over a few days on multiple characters and you'll have a lot in no time.
    Slaughterstone, the trait stone for Bloodthirsty drops from weekly trial rewards. As for the other, it's easier to just do multiple normal trials over multiple characters every week. As far as I've seen it's pretty much guaranteed, and it always drops as a whole, not the 1/10 pulverized like the others. You get one each time you don't get bloodthirsty jewelry.
    Pulverized Dawn Prism, the 1/10 trait stone for Infused has a decent drop rate from Psijic portals, around ~50% from what I've seen. May depend on the rank you have in the skill line though, since it says in the patch notes that it improves the loot quality.
    Pulverized Titanium, the 1/10 trait stone for Protective drops from jewelry crafting nodes. From what I've seen it's around ~5% for ordinary nodes, and ~30% for survey ones; I've picked up mostly the latter. Also it's possible that it drops slightly more often in Summerset. In any case you won't really need that much since the trait is nearly useless, and it is useful only for reaching the required number of traits for crafting a set.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Pulverized Dibellium, the 1/10 trait stone for Harmony is a guaranteed drop from the first random dungeon you do on that day, on a character. Just do normal random over a few days on multiple characters and you'll have a lot in no time.
    Slaughterstone, the trait stone for Bloodthirsty drops from weekly trial rewards. As for the other, it's easier to just do multiple normal trials over multiple characters every week. As far as I've seen it's pretty much guaranteed, and it always drops as a whole, not the 1/10 pulverized like the others. You get one each time you don't get bloodthirsty jewelry.
    Pulverized Dawn Prism, the 1/10 trait stone for Infused has a decent drop rate from Psijic portals, around ~50% from what I've seen. May depend on the rank you have in the skill line though, since it says in the patch notes that it improves the loot quality.
    Pulverized Titanium, the 1/10 trait stone for Protective drops from jewelry crafting nodes. From what I've seen it's around ~5% for ordinary nodes, and ~30% for survey ones; I've picked up mostly the latter. Also it's possible that it drops slightly more often in Summerset. In any case you won't really need that much since the trait is nearly useless, and it is useful only for reaching the required number of traits for crafting a set.

Thought Dawn prism was for the tri stat jewellery and can be bought for a 100k Ap
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote Dawn Prism, but what he wrote was accurate for Aurbic Amber.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Asardes wrote Dawn Prism, but what he wrote was accurate for Aurbic Amber.

Yep, confused them. The names are still unfamiliar to me. Also the fact they don't really make sense doesn't help :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I am not bothering with trying to get the items to drop.

I have already see all the necessary items on sale in the marketplace.

Typical Prices are ~26 KGP for the better ones. But I picked up both items for Harmony for about 7 KGP the pair.

This is on PC-EU for those who are interested.