The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Battleground Bugs

Saturn
Saturn
✭✭✭✭✭
I vastly prefer Battlegrounds to Cyrodiil, but it's extremely buggy and in very impactful ways. These bugs make for some of the most frustrating gameplay available in ESO, and I'm fairly sure (not 100%, mind you) that it's unintentional, unless ZOS are trolling us hard. I've decided to list the major bugs I know, in the vain hope of ZOS actually fixing some or all of them.

The Invisible Team Bug:
This one isn't super common, but also not super rare, happening every 7-8 matches for me personally. It seems to happen the most on the map Ularra, but I have encountered it on all maps.
The bug makes one team (usually the Green Team, for some reason) completely invisible for the first 30 seconds or so. They can see you, but you can't see them. You are able to hit the players who are invisible with AoEs, but their projectile angles and such are completely screwed up, so it's hard to tell where an invisible player is, and it is especially problematic on the Deathmatch gamemode or Capture the Relic, where an early lead can win you the match. Please note that, no, I am not a moron, and yes, I can tell the difference between Cloak / Invis Pots, and a whole team being 100% invisible.

The Loadscreen Bug:
This bug seems to affect specific characters I've noticed, as out of the three characters I PvP with, only one is consistently affected by this. Could potentially have something to do with quests completed, similar to the basegame loadscreen bug that reappears every few updates. It seems to happen on specific maps as well. On my bugged character it is the University map, for a friend of mine it is Ald Carac.
The bug puts you in a 2-4 minute loading screen every single time you die in a match. At times the load screen will even be long enough to have you be automatically kicked from a match for being "AFK". Out of all the bugs I will be listing here, this is the most devastating. Not only is it incredibly frustrating to have happen to you, it also basically removes one player from a team, which, when a team is a max of 4, is a huge impact and hard to recover from, especially in the Capture the Relic gamemode, which incidentally it happens on the most. This bug has been in the game since the launch of Battlegrounds (with the Morrowind DLC), which, as far as I know, the rest of these bugs have not.

The Invisible Group Member Bug:
I have only encountered this bug when queueing as a group, and it shares many similarities to the basegame 'invisible group member bug' that has been around since Dragon Bones or so.
This bug makes it so a team member you queue up with will be completely invisible (i.e. no chevron, etc., only their pets and light attacks are visible). You are still able to ress the person if they die, but that's only if you can locate them via the map. It's pretty annoying, but not as bad as the pre-mentioned bugs.

The Queueing Up But Not Porting In Bug:
Not sure where this naming scheme is going... anyway, this seems to have two triggers: one being if you fast travel while readying up for a battlegrounds match, and the other is 100% random.
This bug makes it so one person, who is in a group (usually a full team of 4, but sometimes less), is not ported into a battlegrounds match. As mentioned above, this bug has two triggers: if you fast travel while in the queue to travel into a BG, i.e. after you have clicked "Ready"; and the other trigger is random, i.e. you can just be standing around waiting with your friends and suddenly they disappear, and you are left unable to join their battleground match. I think the cause of the random trigger is that the queue for some reason makes a team of 4 players queueing together + 1 solo player, and then a random person from the premade team is not ported into the BG. This bug doesn't happen too often, but when it does it's really frustrating to be the one person left outside of a match.

The Never-Full Team Bug:
This one seems to happen the most if you queue as a group of 2 or 3.
This bug results in your team never filling up (to the max of 4) and just getting you stuck with a team of 3, while the other teams are full. Sometimes the last spot will be filled really really late and other times it won't ever fill. I believe the cause of this bug is that you queue in as a team and are paired with solo players, and then the queue for some reason can't do simple math and thinks 2 + 1 = 4, or 3 + 0 = 4. A similar thing can also happen when you solo queue, but tends to be because there are too few people queueing, which is not really a bug. Further, it may also be a side-effect of the changes to the queue system, which takes longer to match people based on their "skill level", how that's measured is a mystery though, which makes it impossible to really comment on.

The Never-Ending "Waiting For Players" Bug:
I have only encountered this five times since Morrowind came out, so it's not very common. Though contrary to what you might think, it happens the most during prime time.
This bug has you, and several other unlucky souls, become stuck in a match that is "waiting for players", but will never fill, or if it does, can take upwards of 2 hours or more. Either the queue thinks the match is full, or it for some reason takes 10x as long to fill it, compared to other matches. The resolution to this is to have enough people quit the broken match, forcing it to disband due to too few players on one team. This one is pretty frustrating as well, since if you leave you are unable to queue up again, due to the 15 minute penalty you get for leaving (which is just an A+ design choice).

If other players have experienced these I would like to know, but it is my understanding that these bugs plague all Battlegrounds players. If you know of other common bugs please share them below, keep in mind we are talking about bugs and not broken sets or abilities.
"Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I had never seen the waiting for players bug... Just happened.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

I have only encountered this bug when queueing as a group, and it shares many similarities to the basegame 'invisible group member bug' that has been around since Dragon Bones or so.
    This bug makes it so a team member you queue up with will be completely invisible (i.e. no chevron, etc., only their pets and light attacks are visible). You are still able to ress the person if they die, but that's only if you can locate them via the map. It's pretty annoying, but not as bad as the pre-mentioned bugs.

that one also happens to me when I queue solo, fairly often actually.

The Loadscreen Bug:
    This bug seems to affect specific characters I've noticed, as out of the three characters I PvP with, only one is consistently affected by this. Could potentially have something to do with quests completed, similar to the basegame loadscreen bug that reappears every few updates. It seems to happen on specific maps as well. On my bugged character it is the University map, for a friend of mine it is Ald Carac.
    The bug puts you in a 2-4 minute loading screen every single time you die in a match. At times the load screen will even be long enough to have you be automatically kicked from a match for being "AFK". Out of all the bugs I will be listing here, this is the most devastating. Not only is it incredibly frustrating to have happen to you, it also basically removes one player from a team, which, when a team is a max of 4, is a huge impact and hard to recover from, especially in the Capture the Relic gamemode, which incidentally it happens on the most. This bug has been in the game since the launch of Battlegrounds (with the Morrowind DLC), which, as far as I know, the rest of these bugs have not.

This one is actually connected to the Invisible Member bug as far as I can tell, because it only happens in combination for me.
    If you die, the game puts you to the start and loads all the assets it needs in that loading screen. If you happen to have an invisible group member in your close vincinity (for example they died aswell with you) apparently the game has serious trouble doing that, and it desperatly tries to load that member, which for some reason it cannot. At some point the game gives up and lets you in. If that member is on the other side of the map when I respawn I have no issues whatsoever and the loading screen behaves as expected. And sometimes the game finally manages to load the invisible member, and then the loading times are normal again for me aswell.

For the record, yes I experienced all the other bugs you get aswell.
    Edited by Namarkas on June 11, 2018 8:13AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loading screen bug is caused by having an invisible player on your team, and there was something in today's patch notes that makes it sound like this issue may be fixed now:
    Fixed an issue where grouped players occasionally couldn’t see one of their members when loading in after using the Activity Finder.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    The loading screen bug is caused by having an invisible player on your team, and there was something in today's patch notes that makes it sound like this issue may be fixed now:
    Fixed an issue where grouped players occasionally couldn’t see one of their members when loading in after using the Activity Finder.

Is it actually fixed? If so they just solved 1/3 core BG issues.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namarkas wrote: »

that one also happens to me when I queue solo, fairly often actually.

The Loadscreen Bug:

This one is actually connected to the Invisible Member bug as far as I can tell, because it only happens in combination for me.
    If you die, the game puts you to the start and loads all the assets it needs in that loading screen. If you happen to have an invisible group member in your close vincinity (for example they died aswell with you) apparently the game has serious trouble doing that, and it desperatly tries to load that member, which for some reason it cannot. At some point the game gives up and lets you in. If that member is on the other side of the map when I respawn I have no issues whatsoever and the loading screen behaves as expected. And sometimes the game finally manages to load the invisible member, and then the loading times are normal again for me aswell.

For the record, yes I experienced all the other bugs you get aswell.

That's very useful to know, thanks.

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be running some more BGs later today, so we'll see how fixed it is.

Fire and Ice
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5jr-kt7yas

Every 5th-6th game is like this.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every 5th-6th game is like this.

Nightmare fuel.

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So far I haven't encountered the loadscreen bug since the update, but the invisible team-member bug persists.

Fire and Ice