The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Factional differences in the player community? Wait what...

• Twist67662
    Twist67662
    ✭✭
    You know I used to not care if anyone crossed over and played other factions , if you are on your ad toon and playing A 100% then it doesn't matter , same when you switch to your ep or dc and go at it 100% no problem . I play PS4 NA Vivec and here recently we have had lost some players to dc and gained some from dc , now the ones that are playing hard for dc no hard feelings guys see ya out there and now for the ones that comeback and troll chat and nothing but trouble you need to go! I read alot of post in the Vivec thread there is one person who plays for ep and doesn't switch faction and self admits his wrong *** in chat like he wants A pat on his back for being A giant a__holes , when ep is taking scrolls and he's there he will grab it and run it in to the water and this is someone that stays in his own faction . Do I think we need faction locks No I don't because we can have these homegrown a__hole in our own faction for what ever reason that just like to cause trouble where ever they are . I'll give one example as to how being able to switch factions works we had A dc crossover here A while back Will_of_Steel I had many fights with him on dc before , some won some lost, but he played just like I would at A 100% he has since gone back to dc and he is playing A 100% for them , so he plays hard where ever he is and this helps raise the level of play in game with players like this.You pay for this game so you should be able to play for who ever you want what we need is more accountability and reporting on the ones that truly troll , spy and cause trouble .Look when we play we should beable to have A non-toxic environment but guess what as long as it's people we are playing with and not AI's anything goes . I play for ad and Iwill keep playing ad up or down this is where I choose to draw my line in the sand and fight.
    " If it bleeds you can kill it ! "
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    10 Characters, all DC.

That being said, I've watched all of the players on all of the alliances while in Cyrodil. There are some strong similarities across the board (Like sportsmanship issues, ie. teabagging, sending hatemail, etc), but there are also some unique behaviors that have developed in each faction.

On Xbox NA in Vivec, AD tends to have smaller, highly organized groups of super talented players, and they play ugly. Like...mean ugly. They like to wait until you've just about captured a keep, then back cap you rather than doing the work themselves. I call them "hyenas" for that reason.

EP tend to be just one huge hive-mind of squishy players who move in groups of 40-60. I don't know how they manage to organize that many players at once, but they do. Hats off to them for having the patience and foresight.They do how ever have some super dirty, talented players who have been putting in an appearance lately, but the numbers are small.

DC tends to be the disenchanted, "I hate everything including my own teammates you all suck" group, but each of those people, when they bother to play instead of talking trash in area text chat, tend to be really good, seasoned players. They're just lazy and too full of their own ego to be bothered contributing. The only thing that keeps DC afloat are the organized guilds who keep their members focused and on point. It seems like some new ones are popping up and some older ones are making an appearance lately, which bodes well for the future of DC, if we don't all leave the game over the continuing server issues.

From the few times I logged on I can tell that the ep massive zerg is really just a mindless zerg with no guilds really leading it. It's a matter of where is the lag not to mention ep has always had the most members just being afk inside keeps before the load screen problems.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    10 Characters, all DC.

That being said, I've watched all of the players on all of the alliances while in Cyrodil. There are some strong similarities across the board (Like sportsmanship issues, ie. teabagging, sending hatemail, etc), but there are also some unique behaviors that have developed in each faction.

On Xbox NA in Vivec, AD tends to have smaller, highly organized groups of super talented players, and they play ugly. Like...mean ugly. They like to wait until you've just about captured a keep, then back cap you rather than doing the work themselves. I call them "hyenas" for that reason.

EP tend to be just one huge hive-mind of squishy players who move in groups of 40-60. I don't know how they manage to organize that many players at once, but they do. Hats off to them for having the patience and foresight.They do how ever have some super dirty, talented players who have been putting in an appearance lately, but the numbers are small.

DC tends to be the disenchanted, "I hate everything including my own teammates you all suck" group, but each of those people, when they bother to play instead of talking trash in area text chat, tend to be really good, seasoned players. They're just lazy and too full of their own ego to be bothered contributing. The only thing that keeps DC afloat are the organized guilds who keep their members focused and on point. It seems like some new ones are popping up and some older ones are making an appearance lately, which bodes well for the future of DC, if we don't all leave the game over the continuing server issues.

From the few times I logged on I can tell that the ep massive zerg is really just a mindless zerg with no guilds really leading it. It's a matter of where is the lag not to mention ep has always had the most members just being afk inside keeps before the load screen problems.

There is a gigantic well-organised guild (Black Marsh Legion I think?) who pushes during prime time, but i think the rest are exactly what you described. They're following the win, with no strategic movement. you can actually tell when the guild makes a move (transit) unexpectedly because the remainder of the zerg will just sort of float around without any sort of goal and I almost feel bad for them.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero