Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Getting LUA error for an add-on that's not loaded?

ZioGio
ZioGio
✭✭✭
I'm getting a LUA error for TraitBuddy, but I have TraitBuddy disabled so how is that possible?

EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1445: attempt to index a nil value

I renamed the AddOnSettings.txt so the game would build a new one, but the error returned.

A solution would be great, but an explanation is also welcome to sate my curiosity.

Thank you for your time and assistance!
PC NA
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That error does not come from Traitbuddy. Which addons are you using?
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, @Ydrisselle. When I search for Inventory.lua, only TraitBuddy comes up (Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\TraitBuddy\ui\inventory.lua), but that .lua doesn't have 1445 lines in it.

The full error is below and I was getting it every time I harvested a resource after logging into the game:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1445: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1445: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:UpdateList'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1846: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:RefreshAllQuests'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:856: in function 'OnQuestsUpdated'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:265: in function 'ZO_SharedInventoryManager:RefreshAllQuests'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:62: in function 'RefreshAll'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Refresh/Refresh.lua:62: in function 'ZO_Refresh:UpdateRefreshGroups'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:146: in function 'OnFullQuestInventoryUpdated'

Below is a list of my installed add-ons (didn't seem like many until I typed them all out). All that can be updated have been and I didn't have any issues until the daily rewards started (I addressed the issues "No, thank you!" was having with daily rewards). I visited the esoui forums for suspects, but didn't find anyone else sharing my error.
    • Action Duration Reminder
    • Advanced Filters
    • Arch's Enhanced Crafting
    • AwesomeGuildStore
    • Bait Counter
    • Combat Indicator (Updated)
    • Combat Reticle
    • Cookery Wiz
    • Destinations
    • Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    • Dryzler's Better Rezzing
    • Dustman
    • Emacs
    • Fence Info
    • Harven's Improved Skills Window
    • HarvestMap (EsoheadMarkers)
    • Hotep Dinner Bell
    • Idle Animations
    • Idle Timeout Reminder
    • ImmersiveHorseRiding
    • iView
    • Journal Quest Log
    • Khajiit Speak
    • Khrill Crafting Post-It
    • Librarian Book Manager
    • LoreBooks
    • Lost Treasure
    • Lui Extended
    • Map Pins
    • Merlin's Heal Helper
    • MitigationPercent (with working penetration stat)
    • More Target Information
    • MultiCraft
    • No, thank you! (continued)
    • Potion Maker (for Alchemy Crafting)
    • Quest Map
    • Rare Fish Tracker
    • SpentSkillPoints
    • Srendarr - Aura, Buff, & Debuff Tracker
    • Urich's Skill Point Finder
    • Votan's Achievements Overview
    • Votan's Fish Fillet
    • Votan's Fisherman
    • Votan's Improved Locations
    • Votan's Keybinder
    • Wykkyd Achievement Tracker - Summerset API
    • Wykkyd Auto Repair

PC NA
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do a binary search, turn off half the addons, turn on the other half. Do that with smaller and smaller mounts of addons on until you find the culprit.

EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory is the game itself. So this error is coming from the game's code. Which doesn't mean that the game is causing it, only that some addon is messing with the game's code and causing the error.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Dolgubon. I should have known better. Been playing games with add-ons long enough that I shouldn't have let myself get sidetracked by a red herring. :-)
    PC NA