The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

But I activated the potion...

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So potion lag/ bug has been annoying, and is nothing new. But I finally figured out why it bothers me so much more this patch than it did previously.

It’s the sound effect! This patch you can actually hear the sound effect even if the potion decides to be like “nah I’m not gonna let you use me after all”

Does anyone know what causes this bug? I can’t pinpoint a cause and it’s driving me insane.
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• black_celebration
    black_celebration
    ✭✭✭
    If you were in a roll-dodge, so it's normal and nothing wrong. You must speak more clealry.
    let's have a black celebration
    tonight
    to celebrate the fact
    that we've seen the back
    of another black
    day
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems like potions share a GCD with something. I’ve always had that feeling but I can’t pinpoint it
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It seems like potions share a GCD with something. I’ve always had that feeling but I can’t pinpoint it

Exactly!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more frustrated by activating an immovable potion only to be immediately stunned. Either I shouldn't have been able to activate the potion because I was stunned first, or I shouldn't have been stunned. Wasted potions are driving me crazy. This phenomenon only occurs with unblockable CC from what I can tell.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on June 10, 2018 8:01PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? It has been like that for me forever? I will always get the audio from taking potion, wether or not it actually happens. If i spam the Potion while CC’ed, i will get the audio.

By now, i learned to just never trust the audio.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can generate the potion audio if I hit the botton mid dodge roll or while stunned. It is very misleading since I rely a lot on the audio as a que for certain skills going off.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 10, 2018 8:43PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potions were put on the Global Cooldown in Homestead or Morrowind if I recall correctly, although it might have been sooner. The sound effect is very much like Death Stroke & morphs being prevented; you hear the audio cue and you rely on that as an indicator as something happened (since sometimes you can't see anything). Then you hear it 20 more times after.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make sure you werent accidentally sprinting. :wink:
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

That was the first thing I tested. You can use potions while sprinting though.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

No you can't
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you can't

Ok I’ll go test that again. If you’re wrong you owe me some speed pots :P

EDIT/Update; I'm wrong and @Brutusmax1mus is right, you cannot use potions while sprinting. Also can't use it while dodgerolling.

It's a client-side block. I need to lay off the skooma. i was 99% sure i tested that. Interestingly, the potion icon doesn't get greyed out when youre sprinting.

i wonder if there's a server side check on top of ht eclient side check, and that its getting cancelled fo rhte same reason skills get sprint cancelled.
    Edited by Thogard on June 10, 2018 10:36PM

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you can't

EDIT/Update; I'm wrong and @Brutusmax1mus is right, you cannot use potions while sprinting. Also can't use it while dodgerolling.

It's a client-side block. I need to lay off the skooma. i was 99% sure i tested that. Interestingly, the potion icon doesn't get greyed out when youre sprinting.

i wonder if there's a server side check on top of ht eclient side check, and that its getting cancelled fo rhte same reason skills get sprint cancelled.

I'd send you pots any way if i could
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you can't

You now owe him speed pots! wanna know what else still works in sprint? windrunner ;P
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hate it when this happens. Don't even have to be sprinting. It does seem to share GCD with skills because I almost always never get potions when I need them in combat with the sound of potion pop but no effect almost always.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happen to me and threw me off.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    So potion lag/ bug has been annoying, and is nothing new. But I finally figured out why it bothers me so much more this patch than it did previously.

It’s the sound effect! This patch you can actually hear the sound effect even if the potion decides to be like “nah I’m not gonna let you use me after all”

Does anyone know what causes this bug? I can’t pinpoint a cause and it’s driving me insane.

Idk about this patch, but I'm sure I have been experiencing this for at least a year, but I'm thinking two years. And it annoying because I think it works cause of sound then I'm dead.
  • Trader08
    Trader08
    ✭✭
    .. you can actually hear the sound effect even if the potion decides to be like “nah I’m not gonna let you use me after all” ...
    ... you hear the audio cue and you rely on that as an indicator as something happened (since sometimes you can't see anything). Then you hear it 20 more times after. ...

Old thread, same bug. I was so tired of it I ended up making an addon to fix that:
    "Potion Taken Sound Fix"
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2463-PotionTakenSoundFix.html