The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Even if I win I know Battlegrounds is hardly fair

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
AzPPbTk.jpg

My team utterly curb stomped that night. It was fun, but not for the right reasons.

The thing is we were a PuG. I queued in solo at least, however it's all likely that the other three were a premade due to how everyone moved together the whole time. But really this gamemode however fun it can be is hardly fair, and actually makes me prefer to be in Cyrodiil instead due to the larger scale and more variables. Battlegrounds is an chaotic slugfest and it's usually dominated by the team that has the most PvP experienced players in it. I've never been put into a match where all three teams were close in score and it came down to the wire. It's always been either one team simply dominating everyone else, or one team cowering in fear as the two others go at it.

Even coming from someone who enjoys winning, I wish there was a way to make things more, even. These matches you can easily tell by the first couple minutes who's going to win by a landslide and who's going to lose no matter what they try. It was even obvious in my match here that the other teams just stopped putting effort in. We were ahead so much and wrecking face that I could tell they stopped caring.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just a product of (I would guess) overall low populations in BGs. Despite the new MMR there just aren’t enough people to always get even matches. You’ll see it most pronounced on off hours on PC/NA - about 3 to 8am EST - when typically I get into matches where people don’t seem to be using immovable pots, hve any idea how to manage resources or really know attack combos. You can easily go 15-22+ Kills and 0 or 1-2 deaths in most matches. It’s only occasionally that an even match comes up until America starts to wake up. If I play during USA primetime it’s then a lot of the other way around, getting pitted against premades and even players like Fengrush whose MMR should be way, way above mine especially since I tend to jump between 4 toons regularly.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my guilds keeps pushing me to get caltrops for my stamina dk, this is why I continue to refuse, the whole battle grounds concept is flawed because of the vast diffrence in skill and it seems no amount of hiding motifs in there is going to change that
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    when typically I get into matches where people don’t seem to be using immovable pots, hve any idea how to manage resources or really know attack combos.

That's honestly me in a nutshell. Especially my stamblade, my resources drain FAST and I don't use potions like that nor any impen gear. I just make do with my PvE build cause all I want out of BGs is the new outfit style.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    when typically I get into matches where people don’t seem to be using immovable pots, hve any idea how to manage resources or really know attack combos.

That's honestly me in a nutshell. Especially my stamblade, my resources drain FAST and I don't use potions like that nor any impen gear. I just make do with my PvE build cause all I want out of BGs is the new outfit style.

That’s rough. Really rough. If you’re gonna continue farming I highly suggest investing a little bit into a PvP setup and you can just use the AP immov pots from the BGs vendor like I do. I can’t be bothered to farm, buy or craft a bunch of fancy pots.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guilds keeps pushing me to get caltrops for my stamina dk, this is why I continue to refuse, the whole battle grounds concept is flawed because of the vast diffrence in skill and it seems no amount of hiding motifs in there is going to change that

-u dont need skill if ur wearing proctard sets.
    - ur guldies are right, several bgs, even losing each one will net u enough ap to get caltrops. Quickly.
    - weakest excuse ever for not trying content thats harder then scripted fights. Sorry but its true. And lame.

Put urself out there, wear impen gear, who knows u might have fun once u figure ur *** out
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wondering how long before a close minded bully would turn up, what a nasty thing to say you horrible person

You also show precisely why pvp remains an unpopular niche
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as i love ESO - its not a game where you get competitive pvp. And i think because of this it contributes to the toxicity of the pvp community where people are trying to find good rewarding fights but its just one extreme or another.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find awesome fights in Cyro all the time. Every night I log into Cyro there are good fights. Sometimes with lots of players and sometimes with small groups.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering how long before a close minded bully would turn up, what a nasty thing to say you horrible person

You also show precisely why pvp remains an unpopular niche

Bc i called u out with facts?

Ur the one who doesnt wanna pvp (i both pve and pvp) and tosses out names. The worst thing i said is that its a lame excuse. Time to look inward.
    Edited by DarkAedin on June 9, 2018 2:53PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s easy to mistake experienced players on one team as a premade and I’m prertty sure many people do this often. Not to mention some players have been on teams already together and fought each other so they know who they’re working with. And it shows even without coms.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on June 9, 2018 3:10PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am finding interesting is being able to dominate a match on my pve builds. 28 kills 5 deaths on a min/max pve sorc in chaos ball with a pug where we won by 300 points. PVP experience is a huge component to success in BGs.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    What I am finding interesting is being able to dominate a match on my pve builds. 28 kills 5 deaths on a min/max pve sorc in chaos ball with a pug where we won by 300 points. PVP experience is a huge component to success in BGs.

Well all you need to do is to spam excute in the back on a sorc to get kills.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go get caltrops, then go back to PVE and never go back. Your DPS counter will thank you and bosses will hate you.

If you cant stand Battlegrounds, go to Cyrodiil. You can follow a zerg around to get AP or if you absolutely hate PVP, you can get AP (very slowly) simply by buying repair kits and repairing keeps.

You choosing to avoid Battlegrounds in opposition to how they work is your perogative, but its not a very good excuse for not getting an alliance war skill (designed to slow or dismount mounted enemies in the only gameplay mode you face mounted enemies) that's nonetheless an important aoe dot for stam builds.
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Probably done about 30-40 bgs this week, most of them were pretty even. Only a few total run overs. Much much better now after Summerset then before. Huge improvement.
    Soon cp1000

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not really unbalanced unless your team has 0 deaths
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are bad at sorc.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are bad at sorc.

Which are plentiful but that’s besides the point when all you have to do is throw execute on an opponent to get kills whether you’re good or bad.

There’s a reason more sorcs came out ever since Summerset hit and it’s not because it’s hard to get kills. Magsorc is the ultimate participation trophy class in bgs right now.