Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Will ZOS un-learn a recipe for me and give it back to me, do they do that ever?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I just accidentally used the only valuable recipe I've ever found an extra of, while trying to click on "link in chat" to get a price check. My crafter already knows it. I was on a non-crafting alt. Is there any point in sending in a ticket asking them to take that recipe out of my known recipes and give me back the actual recipe? Have they ever done that for anyone with an accidentally used consumable?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no point in asking them to do that. They won’t return items unless a game error caused the issue, and in this case it was clumsy fingers. I think my crafting alts all know five purple recipes each because of that, lol.

But when the game messes up, customer service is very good. I had an attunaboe station disappear once when I turned it into the set station. I sent an email, they responded in an hour and asked for the video...I sent that and got a shiny new replacement shortly thereafter.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn’t take it lightly when clumsy fingers consume motifs either ... look at what you’re doing before you left-click (or console equivalent).
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be important to note what recipe it is. People have varying opinions of what counts as valuable. I consider Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia valuable. If you're talking about a random purple recipe by chance, maybe a kind person on your server could hook you up with a replacement.