The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset Boss Tips - Some spoilers

BabyBunnyOfDoom
I tried to find a way to beat him but was unable to find any sort of guide to killing K'Tora but I managed to figure out a way that worked for me. I apologize if someone has already posted about this ( This is In the mind-world, not far enough in the story to know if you fight him again or not):

1) Get a decent bow - use heavy attacks
2) Ignore the orbs
3) Play keep away with the Adds. As long as you don't kill them more won't be summoned. If you can play keep away then you can focus more on attacking K'Tora
4) Keep an eye on the red circles as well during all of this.
5) Make sure you have a way to heal yourself
6) If you are a Warden having the bear helps. My morph for it is Eternal Guardian. (I've only played the Warden class so far so I don't know any tips for the other classes)
  • princess_modsb16_ESO
    That's advice I've seen elsewhere and it seems to work for some ... but unfortunately not for me :(

I'm just chalking it up to what I'd simply call bad game design: if it's just too hard, then it's just not fun. I'd rather not finish the game than take 30 or 40 attempts to beat him.

Of course, some rather old-fashioned players think that a boss like that is wonderful, so I hope they enjoy him very much.

I'm just glad that most game fights aren't designed that way any more, and hope that the devs will reconsider in a future update so that I can complete the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did K'Tora on a leveling mag blade with no CP, and my strategy was to use wall of elements of K'Tora and the adds, swallow soul for self healing when needed, and spam light attacks like there was no tomorrow with a heavy attack if I needed magicka.

It wasn't that bad for me, but I'm a fairly experienced player so I knew when I needed to AOE or heavy attack for sustain.
  • srmalloy
    srmalloy
    I'm just chalking it up to what I'd simply call bad game design: if it's just too hard, then it's just not fun. I'd rather not finish the game than take 30 or 40 attempts to beat him.

This was something I experienced with City of Heroes, too. The lead designer for Cryptic, Jack Emmert, said on more than one occasion that, for him, 'fun' was throwing yourself at the end boss again and again, getting beaten down each time, until he figured out the one way to beat them. And many of the end-boss fights closely resembled that premise. After Crypic's share of the game was bought out by NCsoft, the company that was backing the development of the game, they stole a bunch of devs from Cryptic and formed Paragon Studios to continue development of the game. And the Paragon Studios devs changed a lot of the repetitious dying that had made up the old end boss fights, a change that made the game enormously more entertaining and friendly. Fights with a single way or narrow range of ways to defeat an end boss are just stone walls -- most players don't have the time or inclination to beat their head against the wall long enough to figure out what they are.
  • srmalloy
    srmalloy
    1) Get a decent bow - use heavy attacks
    2) Ignore the orbs
    3) Play keep away with the Adds. As long as you don't kill them more won't be summoned. If you can play keep away then you can focus more on attacking K'Tora
    4) Keep an eye on the red circles as well during all of this.
    5) Make sure you have a way to heal yourself
    6) If you are a Warden having the bear helps. My morph for it is Eternal Guardian. (I've only played the Warden class so far so I don't know any tips for the other classes)

Doing it on my level 20 DW/Bow Stamwarden was almost an anticlimax, given what I went through when I was stupid enough to take a level 10 Magblade in mostly level-4 gear into that mission. I stayed on the Bow bar, and essentially did nothing but kite around dropping Snipe into K'Tora, with one or two Subterranean Assault when his jumping around put him close to me. I used Ice Fortress and Fungal Growth to ignore the adds, and K'Tora just melted under the rain of arrows.