Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a way to contact/mail a player(account name) based on the characther name?

RAMAO
RAMAO
So this request may be strange, but then again, I must ask. I'll explain the situation so it's a litte more understandable.
I was running a dungeon with this dude, and he did me favor that I want to pay back, but we forgot to add each other as friends and now the only thing I know about him is his characther name in a screenshot. I want to mail him a lil' something but the system asks for the account name, which I don't have.
I swear I tried to find this on the internet but I suppose I'm the first one to have this issue.
Thanks in advance!
There's no hero without an event.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you have to have their @ name to mail them. I've had many situations like this where I can't find the person to thank so I just go with the "pay it forward" philosophy.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you gone to your consoles menu options to where you can view your friends? There should be a section that says recent players met. I check this frequently when i forget to message player. Sometimes, it will show the player(s) i was recently encountered with.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've sent mail to Characterscreenname before. I don't believe I've ever been asked for the @ name in order to send mail. When people are asking for a single mat to finish a writ in zone chat, they don't give their account name, and I've mailed stuff to them. I've also made gear for random people and mailed it without their @ name.

I should say this is on pc, however. If its different on console, then I have no idea.