The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagWarden - BG build ideas for Summerset

Maulkin
Maulkin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a bit of inspiration regarding MagWarden builds for BGs. What did you find that worked well for you and what didn't?

I'm currently in transition from an old(ish) build to a new one. Embracing the proc meta and turning my self into more of a CC/Debuffer build, but one with plenty of AoE damage too. I'm curious to see what others have come up with.

Previous Build
+ Shackle - Necro - BloodSpawn
+ 5-1-1 light
+ Skillbars:
27HjB49.png

New Build
+ Winterborn - Durok (backbar) - Master's Ice Staff - BloodSpawn
+ 5-1-1 light
+ Skillbars:
FSzxhvt.png

General Findings and Observations
Basically, the common theme between both builds is high ult generation hence the Vines, Shimmering, Bloodspawn combo (backbar is usually decisive too). Reason for that is the only thing I found capable of keeping me alive in light armour when the pressure is on by bleed/proc builds has been Resto Ult and shield spam. That's been my experience at least. So I'm optimising uptime of that ult.

I generally found that HoTs like Trellis/Leeching Vines or Rapid Regen are of little to no use in light armour, as offensive DoTs like Sload/Viper/Overwhleming etc. put out much more pressure than your HoTs can possibly heal and you still have to deal with their spammable damage. So I rely mostly on shields and re-positioning with Vines to get out of trouble.

I also found since the loss of stun Fissure, that's it's hard to secure kills. So I basically rely on snaring and rooting people till group cumulative damage takes them down. This build seems to shine in a group (especially when Deathmatches turn into AoE static fights) but life is quite hard if you're in solo queue and your teammates don't stick with you. Having a capable MagSorc in the group to Vine to is godsend.

The only thing I feel like I'm really missing on my new build is a speed buff in the form of Acceleration or Bird of Prey. And using speed pots is not really an option if you want to sustain as non-Argonian (High Elf)
EU | PC | AD
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    non-Argonian (High Elf)

Argonian Master Race
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    non-Argonian (High Elf)
    Argonian Master Race

Best race for handbags. Totally Gucci.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen your post where you wrote "Mag Warden is not dead" and yet I have to say it kinda is except for group content... forget 1on1s, you won't be able to kill anyone, forget about 1vX (same story). For a bigger group wardens are awesome.

BGs: I've been playing Mag Warden in BGs since Morrowind release, my aim was to root/defile/deal aoe dot dmg + burst dmg...you can still defile root etc... but the dmg is RIP.. you definately feel the lack of CC..any good player will kite you.
    You can also feel the damage that other classes are producing this patch..if I eat an Incap from stealth I am so dead.

I'd say last patches you were able to do a bit of everything with great success..this patch you have to decide what you want to build for..either tank with roots/defile, glass cannon for dmg or some kind of healer.

Of course you can always go with proc sets, but I am not a fan of sloads and overwhelming on a warden (would rather go Skoria or Grothdarr depending how you play).

Regarding your set choice: I used Winterborn, was not satisfied...the radius is small, proc chance is bad and the dmg is mediocre... even with frost clench you will not have enough frost dmg to proc it reliably.

The problem you have if you plan to play as a damage dealer is that you don't have an execute and rely on ground aoe like wall of elements and winter's revenge.. it also takes ages to put that stuff on the floor and enemies can just kite it...

Your defensive skills are not good enough.. you will melt against other DDs... you are basically relying on shields - which are tiny in no cp (BGs) and are even worse playing Winterborn+Durok. Not to mention oblivion damage and bleeds...

Hope I was able to help you a little bit.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m using necro and seducer right now with skoria. Lighting destro/resto, was thinking about running 2h on my back bar instead.

Other sets to combine with necro would be overwhelming and elegant.

Got this clip last night with no pots lol you pretty much sit in the back like here or stay mobile

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/zerg-me-down/video/52856019
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on June 7, 2018 5:25PM
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Frost/SnB light armor 5/1/1 and having a great time on my MagWarden.

5 Shacklebreaker + 1 Domihaus + 1 Chudan + Master Frost (front) + 5 Alteration Mastery (backbar only)

Sustain is excellent and kill power is still over 9000 with Deep Fissure + DBoS combo.
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For gear, I'm still wearing Necropotence and Shacklebreaker, now combined with Pirate Skeleton head/shoulders instead of 1 piece Domihaus, in 5-light 2-heavy. I'd almost call Pirate Skeleton a "requirement" for light armor magicka builds these days, especially on Warden since you have no reliable escapes.

Front Bar, Flame Staff: Destructive Clench, Elemental Weapon, Deep Fissure, Harness Magicka, Fetcher Infection, Northern Storm Ultimate.
    Back Bar, Resto Staff: Ice Fortress, *Flex Spot*, Blue Betty, Healing Ward, Deep Thoughts, Healing Thicket Ultimate.

I'm not sure yet what I prefer to have in the flex spot. On the one hand, Bird of Prey or Channeled Acceleration are really nice for the buff to speed and damage (though Bird of Prey's damage buff is so short...), but Nature's Embrace is situationally a life saver. It's just too bad that those situations can be hard to come by in solo queued BGs; oftentimes the vine heal-pull just results in you having one less bar slot than everyone else.

Shimmering Shield can also be overpowered as all get out nice to have against some enemy team setups, but is utterly useless vs others. Most of the time Stamina is vastly more dangerous to me than Magicka is (except for Mag DK, LOLVampire), so I end up not using the class-absorb all that often. But against some enemy team setups, it can make an enormous difference...far more than one ability should ever be allowed to.

I'm not sure that I can recommend Deep Thoughts strongly enough, if you can find a slot for it. One of the biggest killers of Magicka setups is having your stamina pool rapidly evaporated by forced CC breaks. If you can sneak in a few ticks of Deep Thoughts here and there, it can really extend your lifespan. 'Course, I'm not entirely used to doing that yet and forget about it pretty often, plus overall damage is so high that it sometimes isn't possible.

Oh and if you decide to use Elemental Weapon as your spammable, be sure not to cast it until the light attack is in flight. It felt really clunky to me at first, and still isn't as fluid as it could be (especially if lagging, which I pretty much always am lately), but at least it doesn't take as long to hit as a Cliff Racer does. That said, if you're facing off against a lot of reflects and/or Shimmering Shield, switching in Cliff Racer can be worth it.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields seem even weaker in BGs this patch for some reason. Contemplating going heavy armor on my mag warden.... uggghhh. Why didn't they get any love this update???
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think shields seem weaker due to damage going up, and Sload's being everywhere. While that set doesn't damage the shield, it does mean that you're eating some consistent, not-insignificant hit point damage while shielding to try and survive everything else coming your way.

While I really don't want to use Sload's, I've been tempted to craft a heavy set and just join the cheese train. Having overpowered sets can help cover for some of Mag Warden's inherent weaknesses. Plus, I encountered several different people running Shield Breaker yesterday, which leaves light armor Magicka Warden completely defenseless (especially since every single Shield Breaker wearer was also using Sload's, and one stacked on Zaan's for extra foolishness [and that's another set that basically hard counters Mag Warden]).
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I think shields seem weaker due to damage going up, and Sload's being everywhere. While that set doesn't damage the shield, it does mean that you're eating some consistent, not-insignificant hit point damage while shielding to try and survive everything else coming your way.

While I really don't want to use Sload's, I've been tempted to craft a heavy set and just join the cheese train. Having overpowered sets can help cover for some of Mag Warden's inherent weaknesses. Plus, I encountered several different people running Shield Breaker yesterday, which leaves light armor Magicka Warden completely defenseless (especially since every single Shield Breaker wearer was also using Sload's, and one stacked on Zaan's for extra foolishness [and that's another set that basically hard counters Mag Warden]).

Not using Sloads is a l2p issue. Just cheese it and grab these Ws
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the all the opinions so far. Greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond.

@DivineFirstYOLO. I agree that it's very hard to solo with MagDen these days. In my defence when I said that, it was based on the pre-pts info from Alcast. I hadn't seen the huge damage amp we got with this patch (for BGs) at least. Being in a group is kind of a must indeed. My survivability does not depend so much on the shields (which are kinda small) as it does on repositioning and spamming resto ults.

@wheem_ESO I hadn't considered Pirate Skeleton. Does it proc often enough for you? My original attempt was with Skoria and while damage ramps up with it, a defensive monster set does seem necessary for survival. I opted for Bloodspawn for the stam regen and for spamming Resto Ults as much as possible.

@Lexxypwns If you're building for AoE damage I think Sloads is quite a bit of a damage loss tbh. For example if I replace it with spinners I get another ~100k damage on average in a BG. I feel the same on my MagBlad and MagSorc where I find it kind of redundant. Works a treat on my stamsorc tho.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the all the opinions so far. Greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond.

@DivineFirstYOLO. I agree that it's very hard to solo with MagDen these days. In my defence when I said that, it was based on the pre-pts info from Alcast. I hadn't seen the huge damage amp we got with this patch (for BGs) at least. Being in a group is kind of a must indeed. My survivability does not depend so much on the shields (which are kinda small) as it does on repositioning and spamming resto ults.

@wheem_ESO I hadn't considered Pirate Skeleton. Does it proc often enough for you? My original attempt was with Skoria and while damage ramps up with it, a defensive monster set does seem necessary for survival. I opted for Bloodspawn for the stam regen and for spamming Resto Ults as much as possible.

@Lexxypwns If you're building for AoE damage I think Sloads is quite a bit of a damage loss tbh. For example if I replace it with spinners I get another ~100k damage on average in a BG. I feel the same on my MagBlad and MagSorc where I find it kind of redundant. Works a treat on my stamsorc tho.

You’re correct that if building for total damage score Sloads will be less on an aoe build. But I ask you, how much of that damage leads to actual kills?

My experience with mag warden, which may be different from yours, makes me believe that the single greatest weakness a warden has is being able to actually finish opponents. Typically I see someone take my burst, be really low health, and I just can’t finish them off. Now, I admittedly haven’t put my Sloads onto my magden this patch, but on paper it seems to solve that issue entirely, since if you’re at 3-5k health and try to block or shield stack to turtle you will no longer be able to out heal the damage because of the unmitigated ticks on your health pool. Now, it could just be a skill issue since admittedly I only play 2 classes worse than my mag warden, but I can’t imagine getting kills without an offensive ult, maybe even using sloads

Now, I also haven’t run a magden in a competent group this patch either so admittedly my experience isn’t the best in this exact scenario, I’m only basing it off playing Magden for parts of MW, CC, and DB and off of playing other specs using sload this patch.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 7, 2018 10:17PM
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You’re correct that if building for total damage score Sloads will be less on an aoe build. But I ask you, how much of that damage leads to actual kills?

My experience with mag warden, which may be different from yours, makes me believe that the single greatest weakness a warden has is being able to actually finish opponents.

Now, I also haven’t run a magden in a competent group this patch either so admittedly my experience isn’t the best in this exact scenario, I’m only basing it off playing Magden for parts of MW, CC, and DB and off of playing other specs using sload this patch.

I totally agree on the weakness of the class being finishing kills. If I tried to make a duel build for it, Sloads would almost certainly be in there. But when I play MagDen it's almost always with a MagSorc and a MapPlar in a premade. So if I put out high total damage, the MagSorc swoops in to finish the kills, which is absolutely fine. I mostly snare people, put out AoE dmg and Defile them.

And obviously having Purifies on the ground, emergency HtD heals and a ranged Sorc to Vine to... are all essential to my survival. I don't really know how you play this class solo. If you run into an uncooperative pug group you're just an AP pinata.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My experience with mag warden, which may be different from yours, makes me believe that the single greatest weakness a warden has is being able to actually finish opponents.

I totally agree on the weakness of the class being finishing kills. If I tried to make a duel build for it, Sloads would almost certainly be in there. But when I play MagDen it's almost always with a MagSorc and a MapPlar in a premade. So if I put out high total damage, the MagSorc swoops in to finish the kills, which is absolutely fine. I mostly snare people, put out AoE dmg and Defile them.

And obviously having Purifies on the ground, emergency HtD heals and a ranged Sorc to Vine to... are all essential to my survival. I don't really know how you play this class solo. If you run into an uncooperative pug group you're just an AP pinata.

Yeah, if I solo mag warden in BGs I just make sure to look at damage and kills but not how many times I die.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m using necro and seducer right now with skoria. Lighting destro/resto, was thinking about running 2h on my back bar instead.

Got this clip last night with no pots lol you pretty much sit in the back like here or stay mobile

That's a nice example of not being pressured lol. Like totally ignoring you! That's kind of how most magicka classes have to play now - stay back, stay mobile.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice example of not being pressured lol. Like totally ignoring you! That's kind of how most magicka classes have to play now - stay back, stay mobile.

Yeah true but that also can be a pain when you’re playing a melee setup and can’t close the gap like you want because of the ranged setups, especially with the buffs to light attacks.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if I solo mag warden in BGs I just make sure to look at damage and kills but not how many times I die.

Glad im not alone. Both of you have described very well how it feels to be MagWarden in BGs nowadays. MagWarden is currently a "force multiplier" but relies heavily on support to unleash its strength. I was quite self-sufficient last patch, that has changed a lot.

And I cannot kill magsorcs anymore, I feel so dumb going up against one cause my toolset just doesn't seem to cut it anymore.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on June 8, 2018 5:35AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Glad im not alone. Both of you have described very well how it feels to be MagWarden in BGs nowadays. MagWarden is currently a "force multiplier" but relies heavily on support to unleash its strength. I was quite self-sufficient last patch, that has changed a lot.

And I cannot kill magsorcs anymore, I feel so dumb going up against one cause my toolset just doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

Well, killing MagSorcs was always a problem for MagDen cause the double shield stack with Harness is proper stronk when you don't have any real burst damage. And this patch MagSorc's on another level with Rune Cage. The only magicka class that can obliterate MagSorc reliably is MagBlade due to Cripple CC and snare allowing them complete control of the fight.

I think the "force multiplier" statement is on point. It's kinda sad that the class is not self sufficient any more, but it is what it is. One positive that I see, is that it does this utility role better than anyone and as such it's still fun to play in groups.

I actually believe in a premade it's better to have a MagWarden than it is to have MagDK these days. Far superior ult regen, better mobility cause of Vines, better group heals, more AoE dmg, more snares, Major Breach, Major Protection, Minor Toughness....

With tanks unplayable in BGs due to the out of control damage, it's MagDK that's suffered more because that was its niche. Otherwise the only thing it brings is... 10% extra fire damage if they run Engulfing Flames? That's it. If I were to make the best premade I'd probably use MagDen, MagBlade, MagPlar and MagSorc.

EDIT:
    On another note, I would love for Frozen Gate to be reworked into an Undaunted skill (so that everyone has a magicka alternative to Leash for mob pulling and PvE tanking) and for MagDen to get an unblockable hard CC skill where it turns an opponent into an Ice Cube for 3-4 seconds.

At the moment it's the only class without one. DK has Fossilize, MagSorc has Rune Cage, MagBlade has Fear and Templar has a somewhat workable Total Dark.
    Edited by Maulkin on June 8, 2018 2:17PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is really tough to actually finish off people in BGs as a MagDen. Combos with deep fissure still work to get players down to low health, but after that it feels like hitting them with wet noodles for 3 seconds (next deep fissure combo). Most people are back to full health at that moment. And even with all the ult regen in the world I cannot have the permafrost up every time I want to actually kill someone.

Elemental weapon is a good spammable and I actually killed people with its spell orb proc. So that's that. In a good group that stays together I often manage to get good scores, but it's way easier on my stamblade.

And I hate to admit it, but Zaan is a good crutch to get juuust that last amount of more damage needed.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been bouncing 2 ideas around in my head...

Either....

Zaan/Sloads/Caluurion

5/1/1 Light
    Spell damage or mage mundus stone
    3 resist trait jewelry
    Inferno staff offensive
    Resto staff or 2 hand (forward momentum) defensive

Orrrrrr....

5/1/1 Heavy
    Spell Damage mundus stone
    1 infused trait jewelry with reduced spell cost
    2 resist jewelry (1 spell damage and 1 mag recovery)

2 hand with forward momentum

Then run spores, living trellis, and nature's embrace for heals.... dunno though. The damage sets will get you kill no matter what I guarenteed that. I absolutely melt people using zaan caluurion and shacklebreaker, but it's straight glass cannon now. Last patch had more survivability. Now it's just a headache because you die so quickly...
    Options
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    I quite eso about 2 years ago and am barely getting back into it.

I always ran this setup back when I played and want to know if it's viable for 5-light, 2-heavy magicka warden:

5x kagrenac's
    3x willpower
    (i think) 2x torugs pact - 1x bogdan nightflame

And then if I ran 5-heavy, 2-light I would use seducers instead of kagrenac.

I used these setups to varying success on my magicka sorc, DK, nightblade, and templar.

What do you guys think for magicka warden?
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »

I always ran this setup back when I played and want to know if it's viable for 5-light, 2-heavy magicka warden:

5x kagrenac's
    3x willpower

I used these setups to varying success on my magicka sorc, DK, nightblade, and templar.

Oh wow, that is an old setup.Yeah you definitely want to upgrade on that.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭

5x kagrenac's
    3x willpower

What would you recommend for easy craftable sets to replace these? I can only play casually now so I don't have too much time to grind for money or undaunted stuff much anymore
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

5x kagrenac's
    3x willpower

What would you recommend for easy craftable sets to replace these? I can only play casually now so I don't have too much time to grind for money or undaunted stuff much anymore

Most probably what I have listed as "previous build" in the OP. You can craft Shackle and buy Necro. You'll have to farm the undaunted set though if you don't have it.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I used Winterborn on my MagDen, I was running a Heavy Armor setup (5 Heavy, 2 Light then) using:

- 5x Winterborn (Gloves, Waist, Jewelry)
    - 1x Master Ice Nirn/Charged
    - 1x Maelstrom Resto Precise
    - 5x Clever Alchemist/Kagrenac/Julianos Heavy (boosting my Spell Damage, out of the 3 I like Kag's the most)

Front bar: Shimmering Shield, Deep Fissure, Frost Clench, Elemental Blockade, Winter's Revenge | Permafrost
    Back bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Mutagen, Corrupting Pollen, Nature's Embrace | Enchanted Forest/Light's Champion

Was a fun little setup that enabled me to do a bit of everything: dealing damage, off healing, rooting and snaring while being rather tanky. Really shines in group, not so much solo (and I'm a loner :s )
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Necropotence 5 Shacklebreaker 2 Skoria all impen with 3 swift jewelry traits with spell damage glyphs... non vamp dunmer cause I really don’t like to burn...

Front bar (nirn inferno with flame glyph): elemental weapon, flame clench, inner light, deep fissure, dampen magicka, SoUl AsSaUlT ... back bar (infused Resto with weapon damage): bird of prey, blue Betty, ice fortress, corrupting pollen (or any other green balance ability), healing ward, permafrost...

After hundreds of hours of testing with dozens of setups this is what worked best for me... I highly advise that you experiment with what works for you as everyone is different...
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    5 Necropotence 5 Shacklebreaker 2 Skoria all impen with 3 swift jewelry traits with spell damage glyphs... non vamp dunmer cause I really don’t like to burn...

Front bar (nirn inferno with flame glyph): elemental weapon, flame clench, inner light, deep fissure, dampen magicka, SoUl AsSaUlT ... back bar (infused Resto with weapon damage): bird of prey, blue Betty, ice fortress, corrupting pollen (or any other green balance ability), healing ward, permafrost...

After hundreds of hours of testing with dozens of setups this is what worked best for me... I highly advise that you experiment with what works for you as everyone is different...

That's interesting. You find that Ele Weapon works reliably for you in BGs? If find that generally the weave is not so reliable in pvp. Also why 3 swift and bird of prey? For the Minor Berserk?

You're playing that a bit too much like a magsorc for my liking. Not that there's nothing wrong with that, just my main's a magsorc so I try to make my magden thematically different. More for AoE Frost damage instead of single target fire damage.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    The last time I used Winterborn on my MagDen, I was running a Heavy Armor setup (5 Heavy, 2 Light then) using:

- 5x Clever Alchemist/Kagrenac/Julianos Heavy (boosting my Spell Damage, out of the 3 I like Kag's the most)

Front bar: Shimmering Shield, Deep Fissure, Frost Clench, Elemental Blockade, Winter's Revenge | Permafrost
    Back bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Mutagen, Corrupting Pollen, Nature's Embrace | Enchanted Forest/Light's Champion

Was a fun little setup that enabled me to do a bit of everything: dealing damage, off healing, rooting and snaring while being rather tanky. Really shines in group, not so much solo (and I'm a loner :s )

I was actually thinking about going heavy before Summerset dropped. But now it feels pointless. Sloads cutting through your mitigation (and ignoring your Minor/Major Protection), bleed builds everywhere... Not sure what the point of heavy is beyond running out of magicka quicker. Unless you play a full tank with like 40-50k HP.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was actually thinking about going heavy before Summerset dropped. But now it feels pointless. Sloads cutting through your mitigation (and ignoring your Minor/Major Protection), bleed builds everywhere... Not sure what the point of heavy is beyond running out of magicka quicker. Unless you play a full tank with like 40-50k HP.

Better to have high resistance (heavy armor) rather than damage shields (light armor) atm. Especially if you play no-CP/battlegrounds. You just NEED the damage mitigation for real.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Better to have high resistance (heavy armor) rather than damage shields (light armor) atm. Especially if you play no-CP/battlegrounds. You just NEED the damage mitigation for real.

I don't really feel like I do though. I feel pretty tanky in light armour and I can deal more damage while my sustain is also better.

I tried Pirate Skeleton yesterday as per @wheem_ESO's suggestion and my god the survivability is good on that build. I swapped out Winterborn for Necro (still kept Duroks resto backbar) and that also felt good. Both seem fairly viable with small difference.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always go for the "kill em before they kill you" mentality

My Stam builds rock so much offense that in 3 GCDs the battle is over one way or another

My mag builds kite and proc sets

With overload builds, spin2win etc, there's more than just sload to watch out for
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options