Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defensive ticks

SASQUATCH0
SASQUATCH0
✭✭✭✭
Can someone enlighten me on how these work now? I understand that I don’t have to wait around a keep and I like that, but will I lose the defensive tick if I go take another resource or something? Also heard about getting an extra 10k ap for taking all the resources plus the keep.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeps
    Alliance Points earned from defending objectives no longer require you to wait in an objective for the tick (the distribution of Alliance Points after combat subsides). Instead, each type of objective will track whether you’ve earned credit towards a defense or offense tick.
    Getting on the credit list is achieved by several actions that already occur in a keep siege, which include:
    Assisting in killing other player characters within a Keep’s area that results in earning AP from that kill.
    Healing and damaging Keep pieces within the area of a Keep.
    Resurrecting a player character within a Keep’s area in which the player who was resurrected is located, rather than where the player doing the resurrection is standing.
    Effective healing (non-self) within a Keep’s area of a player(s) in a battle that would have resulted in AP being granted from a kill. This includes cases where a player is worth 0 or reduced AP from a recent death, such as respawning at a Forward Camp.
    If a credit is sourced between players that are both in areas associated with an objective, the AP awarded to the pool is split 50/50 between the two objectives.
    Offensive (Capture) ticks still have a base value that will be granted regardless of being on the credit list, but any bonus AP earned by combat around and inside an objective will only be granted to players that are on the credit lists.
    You can be on all credit lists for a single Keep Superstructure at the same time (Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm). However, if you attack or defend a new structure (i.e. – a different mine) your credit for the prior structure will be removed.
    Outposts, Towns and Imperial districts will all overwrite each other in terms of credit lists.
    Entering a Delve in Cyrodiil wipes your credit from all lists.
    If your character dies, you will not be cleared from a credit list, but logging out of the game will.
    Increased the amount of Alliance Points you can earn from a Keep Defense with a multiplier based on the lowest ranking resource level of that Keep.
    For example, Keeps that have higher ranks in food, ore and wood, will have a higher defense tick for that Keep.
    For Resources and Outposts, there is a flat rate increase to the AP you can earn on the defense tick.
    Districts do not have a modifier to defensive AP.
    Remember, to earn Defensive AP, you must participate in the defense and not simply show up to watch the fight.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mulitplier seems to have been fixed ( read: slashed ) in the most recent incremental patch, so don't bother. Def ticks are back to being insignificant.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true. Today I went to Cyrodiil and repaired a wall at 98 % health using just 1stone and I got a nice 7k defensive tick
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A keep and its resources count as a keep superstructure for credit lists. Outposts and Towns are on the same credit list as each other.

So if you defend a keep and its resources, you can attack another outpost or town and save your credit, but the defensive credit will be wiped if you attack another keep or its resources.

O ticks work about the same, as you have to be on the grounds to receive the base tick, but only get the extra AP for player deaths if you were on the credit list.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mulitplier seems to have been fixed ( read: slashed ) in the most recent incremental patch, so don't bother. Def ticks are back to being insignificant.

Uh...I got a 16k defense tick just by helping to kill two players.
    I don't call that insignificant in any shape or form...

https://youtu.be/G7fy-zPwqoY
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrong.

Today I killed 2 players (about 3600 ap) and died myself (worth about 1600-1700 ap at the time) and got a 38k tick.

The multiplier still seems to be around 7x at a high level keep/res. Same multiplier as when these wierd ticks started happening.

My guess is that you're been getting ticks at a low level keep or people simply leeched your ticks :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on June 8, 2018 4:18PM
    EU | PC
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I was just unlucky the last couple days then.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The 68k I got last night from duo defending a keep (off of 8ish kills?) begs to differ.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 68k I got last night from duo defending a keep (off of 8ish kills?) begs to differ.

Jeg.gif
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse , that was definitely a pleasant surprise in the evening.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma