The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Help Needed] Stamblade grind Build?

Domerack
Domerack
Hello to you and thanks for stopping by my thread!

I haven't been playing this game too long and so far I tend to main my Sorc. However, recently I Finally got my Stamblade to 50 and I'm still in the process of gearing so I'm not expecting to be especially impressive at any part of the game just yet for that reason alone. I'm fairly confident of my general DPS build though that I use for dungeons, in terms of rotation and active abilities of choice after looking and drawing inspiration from quite a few tutorials. But there's one aspect I'm not really finding much information about, at least that isn't many many years old.

Does anyone know a good setup for really grindy gameplay? Including but not limited to efficient skyreach farming, public dungeons, general Aoe Farming with enough sustain and damage to pull it off nicely. Advice is thoroughly appreciated!
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost, get Vicious Serpent. It is very efficient for grinding, as the sustain and the mobility it provides will go a long way. Then run Velidreth, which is simply the best stamina monster set when it comes to AOE DPS. If you do not have the Shadows of the Hist DLC, run Stormfist. Then for your second five-piece set, Night Mother's Gaze is optimal (Only for solo play though and while doing AOE dps only, because suprise attack provides the same debuff. In group play you want to run Twice-Fanged Snake, as major fracture will be applied by tanks), with Spriggan's and Hunding's Rage being solid subsitutes.

For weapons, run Dual Wield on your main hand and Bow on your off-hand. 2H is also very strong for AOE, but you will need a Master's 2H to get the most out of it, so better stick with dual wield.

For your abilities, the essential ones on your main hand are Steel Tornado, Vigor and Shrouded Daggers. ST is your spammable, vigor is your main heal and SD is your major brutality. Then run Surpise Attack in case you are single targeting and Evil Hunter to get major savagery. Killer's Blase is not really useful in AOE. If you run essence of weapon power potions, you can take off evil hunter and shrouded daggers from your bar, but I do not recommend it. Your ultimate should be Soul Harvest, which is purely slotted for the 10 ultimate gain per kill. You never really use it. Your back bar should be Arrow Barrage (much better for AOE than Endless Hail, as the larger range means you will be hitting more mobs), Razor Caltrops, which is just too good to not use, Rearming Trap for an extra 10% critical strike damage, and finally your two buffs; Relentless Focus and Leeching Strikes Make sure they are up most of the time. For ultimate you have plenty of options; Shooting Star, which provides some nasty ultimate generation, Dawnbreaker of Smiting, and if you find yourself struggling with survivability run Soul Tether. For consumables, run Dubious Camoran Throne and generic CP150 stamina potions. For mundus, use the Lover.

As far as how to approach encounter goes, you should start by throwing your Arrow Barrage and Caltrops, then trap and then your ultimate. Once that is done, use shrouded and then spam steel tornado. If needed, use vigor. And do not forget to keep up your buffs. Happy grinding! :)
    Edited by Supernatural on June 7, 2018 5:52AM
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • Domerack
    Domerack
    First and foremost, get Vicious Serpent. It is very efficient for grinding, as the sustain and the mobility it provides will go a long way. Then run Velidreth, which is simply the best stamina monster set when it comes to AOE DPS. If you do not have the Shadows of the Hist DLC, run Stormfist. Then for your second five-piece set, Night Mother's Gaze is optimal (Only for solo play though and while doing AOE dps only, because suprise attack provides the same debuff. In group play you want to run Twice-Fanged Snake, as major fracture will be applied by tanks), with Spriggan's and Hunding's Rage being solid subsitutes.

For weapons, run Dual Wield on your main hand and Bow on your off-hand. 2H is also very strong for AOE, but you will need a Master's 2H to get the most out of it, so better stick with dual wield.

For your abilities, the essential ones on your main hand are Steel Tornado, Vigor and Shrouded Daggers. ST is your spammable, vigor is your main heal and SD is your major brutality. Then run Surpise Attack in case you are single targeting and Evil Hunter to get major savagery. Killer's Blase is not really useful in AOE. If you run essence of weapon power potions, you can take off evil hunter and shrouded daggers from your bar, but I do not recommend it. Your ultimate should be Soul Harvest, which is purely slotted for the 10 ultimate gain per kill. You never really use it. Your back bar should be Arrow Barrage (much better for AOE than Endless Hail, as the larger range means you will be hitting more mobs), Razor Caltrops, which is just too good to not use, Rearming Trap for an extra 10% critical strike damage, and finally your two buffs; Relentless Focus and Leeching Strikes Make sure they are up most of the time. For ultimate you have plenty of options; Shooting Star, which provides some nasty ultimate generation, Dawnbreaker of Smiting, and if you find yourself struggling with survivability run Soul Tether. For consumables, run Dubious Camoran Throne and generic CP150 stamina potions. For mundus, use the Lover.

As far as how to approach encounter goes, you should start by throwing your Arrow Barrage and Caltrops, then trap and then your ultimate. Once that is done, use shrouded and then spam steel tornado. If needed, use vigor. And do not forget to keep up your buffs. Happy grinding! :)

Very excited to try this out, I thoroughly appreciate the advice!
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What he said. Except for 2h, Reverse Slice is just as if not more effective than Steel Tornado. You don't need a masters 2h.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

What he said. Except for 2h, Reverse Slice is just as if not more effective than Steel Tornado. You don't need a masters 2h.

To do strong AOE with 2H you will need to use Brawler, which, without a master's 2H is not really that good. Reverse Slice alone is not enough to outperform Steel Tornado.
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017