Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Psijic questline is the worst questline in the game

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    try pilgrimages end.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet you're playing it. Really makes you think.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this different from Thieves or Dark Brotherhood? Those are pretty grindy fetch quests too. Not saying i enjoy that but how else is ZOS going to do this short of just unlocking the skill line for just logging in
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, they're not meant to be accurate, just to get you in the vicinity. (And this is no doubt to add more time) You will have a quest marker pop up when you get close.

I tend to disagree mildly with the comparison to MG, as you can get a lot of those by default simply doing other required things in the game. Psijic 'quests' are excessively deliberate and lacking the artistic license they had full access to.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild and Mages Guild both have storyline quests, those quests at least have some better and longer stories. The quest to leveling Psijic Order? The "story" is too short, full of running, and very predictable.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • Grendel_at_ESO
    Grendel_at_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem any different than just about everything in this game, it's all pretty easy. The only thing that's going real slow is Undaunted because I never group and didn't know there was a daily quest. A lot of the time things get maxxed out so fast I forget to put any skill points into the passives until it's done.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're playing it, cause we want / need the skill line in PvP, duh! It's really gonna suck levelling alts. At least half your toons, e.g. stamina, can ignore the Mage's Guild, esp. after the Empower change. Not so with this. The little block shield makes the skill line a universal plus for PvP as much as anything. It's not really OP, but the skill line is interesting enough to try on different characters. The fun is trying different (PvP) builds, but the grind is making me think hard about whether I will ever do it on my alts. At least the Map Pins addon has the portals on PC.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is proof of the deadline driven rushed release. Corporate needs to get hands off of ESO development or you can expect more watered down content that we have to pay for.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    How is this different from Thieves or Dark Brotherhood?
    It is different, because those skill lines are completely irrelevant for PvP as well as end-game PvE (trials, dungeons, arenas).
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Title says it all. Fetch and retreive quests that take hours and the maps arent even accurate. Unenjoyment level 10/10 cause I cant even focus on a story inbettwen hours of running around tamirel.

Anyone else feel like its a shame Zenimax did this to thier big DLC questline? I really wish they would have made something better so that I wont dread grinding psijic on alts.

As someone who has enjoyed quests this was a big miss for me.

Well at least you have a map unlike the mage guild book it could be worse

It could also be better thought
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you feel you must do this to every toon on your account then yes it suxs. but any quest line you do such would also.

my main complaint is the lack luster spells. most are very situational with pvp being the main usage that I can see. soloing with any of these means replacing better options on MY toons.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually gave me chance to fish and farm jewelry nodes while looking for the breaches...Also always wanted to look like Skinrai...
    Edited by sevomd69 on June 6, 2018 6:28PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    if you feel you must do this to every toon on your account then yes it suxs. but any quest line you do such would also.
    The only other questline that sucks as much as this, and that you probably want on half your toons, is Mage's Guild. Psijic gets the prize for being potentially useful, or at least try-out-worthy, on all your toons.
    my main complaint is the lack luster spells. most are very situational with pvp being the main usage that I can see. soloing with any of these means replacing better options on MY toons.
    That you're using that exact word "lackluster" probably says the skill line is where it needs to be. Balanced.

On my magblade PvP build, Elemental Weapon does extremely well for IC boss farming and is cheaper than Funnel. Gilliam the Rogue has a video going over the choices for magblade in trials. Elemental Weapon is definitely a worthy choice, alongside Force Pulse and Funnel.

While I've derided the Race Against Time skill elsewhere for being lackluster, it is something to try for classes that have no in-combat access to Major Expedition. It also seems ideal for bomblades.

I also like the uniqueness and large radius of the CC skill.
  • mjharper
    mjharper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get people saying that it’s no worse than the Mages Guild. That’s factually incorrect.

In the Mages Guild, you collect books until you level up. Then you are rewarded by unlocking a skill, and the next story quest.

In the Psijic Guild, you close breaches until you level up. Then you are rewarded by unlocking a new skill. That’s it.

Although the acts of collecting books or closing breaches are functionally equivalent, the results (rewards) are not. That makes the Psijic line inferior.

Similarly, books can be collected anywhere, while breaches must be closed in a specific order across the whole of Tamriel, which completely ruins the experience for someone who is, say, trying to play through the Dominion and does not want to be sent to Wayrest or Black Marsh yet, thank you very much.

So I agree with the OP: worst quest in the game. By a long way.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of it either. I love Summerset, but a whole guild quest line of "go here and press "E", do it again, and again, and again.... Not a fan.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mjharper wrote: »
    I don’t get people saying that it’s no worse than the Mages Guild. That’s factually incorrect.

In the Mages Guild, you collect books until you level up. Then you are rewarded by unlocking a skill, and the next story quest.

In the Psijic Guild, you close breaches until you level up. Then you are rewarded by unlocking a new skill. That’s it.

Although the acts of collecting books or closing breaches are functionally equivalent, the results (rewards) are not. That makes the Psijic line inferior.

Similarly, books can be collected anywhere
    , while breaches must be closed in a specific order across the whole of Tamriel, which completely ruins the experience for someone who is, say, trying to play through the Dominion and does not want to be sent to Wayrest or Black Marsh yet, thank you very much.

So I agree with the OP: worst quest in the game. By a long way.

no, they are all in specific places.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It actually may have been worse than sun in shadow's.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Only took approx 4 hours to do, enjoyed it visited places hadn't been to for some time and picked up a lot of jewelry material on the way
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it were too fast id hate it...i like the grind, reminds me of the old days when we worked for ***. :-)

Dont get me wrong i like grind and working for things in game to, but this kind of grind is just boaring... uninteresting... stale.. repeditive.. antagonizing???

Compared to say grinding out gear from a dungeon, or grinding out pvp ranks, or grinding out vmsa. These are achiements where the grind itself is enjoyable for people.

I think that's a matter of preference. I like doing dungeons, but the thought of running the same dungeon several times in a row is very unappealing.

And I'll bother with vMA when they bring in the MC from DSA instead of the annoying guy.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! I was waiting for the second round of these threads. This quest is the worst thing in the game. Whoever designed it should find another career. They are really bad at their job...
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can honestly say that not many of my 14 characters will be completing this skill line. Whoever at ZOS thought that players wanted something worse than the mages guild lore book grind needs to be hung drawn and quartered.

At least with the mages guild you can get the books while discovering or questing the zones because they were there at the start. This is just stupid game of 'hide and seek' in areas a lot of us cleared out ages ago.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didnt mind it the first time. I absolutly hate it the second,third,forth,fifth etc all the way up to 13. At least with mages guild you can stumble on a fair amount of lorebooks questing and there are dailies.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    This is proof of the deadline driven rushed release. Corporate needs to get hands off of ESO development or you can expect more watered down content that we have to pay for.

I get this. I just wonder though if there were no deadlines, then we wouldn't be seeing Summerset until 2020.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    How is this different from Thieves or Dark Brotherhood? Those are pretty grindy fetch quests too. Not saying i enjoy that but how else is ZOS going to do this short of just unlocking the skill line for just logging in

Those added new delve maps, to start with. The only thing new for the Psijic quests was the intro (picking up the Augur and poking around Summerset) and the final boss. Everywhere else we've been before. There's nothing to explore.

Also those two give you more options for leveling up said skill line. Sure, the Black Book only takes you to existing zones but you could do the delve murder daily instead if you liked. Psijic Order has one and only one path to level up when every other guild so far now has at least two.

Add to that the questline is scanty and another case of the Psijic Order grabbing the idiot ball.
    no, they are all in specific places.

But there are a lot of those specific places in a zone so you can at least pick areas you like to adventure in. You can pick different zones on different characters so the grind isn't identical for each of them.
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    I get this. I just wonder though if there were no deadlines, then we wouldn't be seeing Summerset until 2020.

I could have lived with not seeing Summerset until 2020 if it mean all the content was meaty, interesting and enjoyable instead of the bland grindfest we got.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the OP on this one. This whole quest line just seems... rushed. I'm having a hard time finishing it on my main, as I tear up with absolute boredom after 30 min. There is zero chance my alts will get this skill line. Really disappointing since this is a major selling point of the chapter.

So far the two skills I've unlocked are pretty cool at least.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I just started this last night, I hate it. I have more characters I want this skill line on, however I don't want to go through the leveling again, I feel sorry for all the PVP players out there that are going to have to go through this will all your characters, its incredibly boring, doing it once is enough.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for the alt aholics out there. I can’t face doing it on more than one but a friend is still doing the vet trials scene that I gave up on more than a year ago and their guild is insisting on players having this line maxed out... this same player has 12 charecters... ye gods.... :'(

I think it’s far worse than mages because at least the books were easily hovered up as you did your questing, getting them even using a addon took you to interesting little nooks and crannies, this is just a wow fetch quest :/
    Edited by Integral1900 on June 8, 2018 8:45AM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab an alt get the skull and play all other content with fun companion ... Cos honestly that's the best thing about this quest line
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Better than collecting the purple lorebooks for the mages' guild skill line, imo...
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Better than collecting the purple lorebooks for the mages' guild skill line, imo...

I thought they were blue? :D